So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
One good point about Tifa's "sad face" at the end is remind the person that Cloud is talking about how they might die and go see ALL their dead friends, and Tifa's just saying, "Ya, if we die, we'll go see them." If anything it's a bit of a bitter sweet smile. Why would Tifa want to die? But if she has to, it'll be nice to reunite with people she's lost if nothing else good comes from it.
Is her face really that sad looking? I always thought it was just a pure, happy smile, like "Yeah, even though our friends are dead, we can still see them when we die." I never got the impression her expression was "sad" or "bittersweet".

I was saying "sad face" in regards to the person she was arguing with. If you really think the smile isn't completely happy looking (she's not sporting a huge grin or laughing or anything), the best explanation is what it says in the Ultimania about how the discussion is on what will happen when they die. If it's anything sad at all, it's bitter sweet, but only because as I said, Tifa doesn't want to die. Neither does Cloud. If they must though, there's something happy that will come out of it.

Personally, I only see it as sad because of the context of the dialogue. Not that Tifa is specifically looking sad or defeated, but that these two people just confessed and explored their love for one another, and now they might die. Sure they might see their friends, but their fates are out of their hands and they just have to hope they make it.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
LOL. Chill, plz. :awesome: Well, EXCUSE ME for saying relationship instead of 'romantic' relationship. I thought it was kind of obvious what kind of relationship I meant when we debated about the LT. I'm so sorry, I wasn't trying to disprove their friendship, or any of their "proofs" they got. It wasn't my intention. I was trying to explain it short and simple in a YT comment just. And I like that friendship they got, and as a pairing too.
I AM CHILLED :rage:

:awesome:

Okay seriously though, the thing is most Clotis don't believe Aerith and Cloud had a romantic relationship at all, so when I saw what you said I read it as "Their friendship was fake."... it didn't occur to me that you meant something else.

But yeah... crazy youtubers I'm still waiting for the one to reply where I pointed out the hypocrisy that if you're happy that Cloud and Tifa have a dysfunctional relationship, GUESS WHAT? THEY HAVE TO BE IN A RELATIONSHIP TO HAVE ONE :awesome:

Vendel

Banned
And here I thought I was making some brilliant points. But it got lost in a youtard discussion.

Don't be afraid of my brilliance people. :oscar:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Your Juggernaugt avatar probably intimidated everyone from responding. It looks like it's just itching to smash its way out of the confines of its avatar box and just tear apart the whole forum for lulz.

Isabella

Your Mom
It's a great point, but not really a new one. A few of us have been saying for a while that neither Cloud nor Aerith behave like a couple of tragic lovers desperate to reunite. But we're dealing with fans who see Cloud looking at peace in the rain and seeing a scene "where Cloud looks enraptured by every touch of rain as though it's the caress of Aerith." (Yes, that's an actual quote.) So if they see Clerith in Cloud breathing, eating and farting, then of course every single scene in the movie is going to be about true, agonizing love through their eyes.

Vendel

Banned
Your Juggernaugt avatar

Whats this Juggernaugt? I have a Juggernaut avatar.

Also despite saying Aerith (and Zack) go back to the lifestream where they belong. They still say Aerith lives on inside Cloud. She is "always with him". So she doesn't have to leave the LS for Cloud to see her........so yeah.

Because of course she has to literally be there. SE couldn't possibly be saying that Cloud would always remember her or anything like that. No Aerith keeps Cloud warm at night.

Are they backing away from spiritsex now? Does Cloud just feel her presence? Because apparently only Aerith makes him happy. She is his promised land.

Isabella said:
It's a great point, but not really a new one. A few of us have been saying for a while that neither Cloud nor Aerith behave like a couple of tragic lovers desperate to reunite.

Well the CoLW stuff is new if nothing else. :awesome:

Isabella said:
But we're dealing with fans who see Cloud looking at peace in the rain and seeing a scene "where Cloud looks enraptured by every touch of rain as though it's the caress of Aerith." (Yes, that's an actual quote.) So if they see Clerith in Cloud breathing, eating and farting, then of course every single scene in the movie is going to be about true, agonizing love through their eyes.

Clerith is a hell of a drug.

But yeah. Cloud is "kissing the rain" but he doesn't even acknowledge Tifa at the end of the movie?

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
"where Cloud looks enraptured by every touch of rain as though it's the caress of Aerith."
There's so much purple in that, it should have a cane and feather in its hat.

I don't know what you're supposed to say to that.

Isabella

Your Mom
Also despite saying Aerith (and Zack) go back to the lifestream where they belong. They still say Aerith lives on inside Cloud. She is "always with him". So she doesn't have to leave the LS for Cloud to see her........so yeah.
Cloud being infused with mako = Cloud has LS inside him for her to hang out in. :monster:

I don't know what you're supposed to say to that.
You're not. You're just supposed to shake your head.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
LOL. I wonder, do these people ever stop and ask themselves, "now is this what we're really intended to get out of the game?"

Vendel

Banned
Your JUGGERNAUT avatar probably intimidated everyone from responding. It looks like it's just itching to smash its way out of the confines of its avatar box and just tear apart the whole forum for lulz.
It's how I feel some nights. Although I wish I could direct his rage at other places.

Isabella said:
Cloud being infused with mako = Cloud has LS inside him for her to hang out in.
How could I forget......

Isabella said:
LOL. I wonder, do these people ever stop and ask themselves, "now is this what we're really intended to get out of the game?"
It's what they want out of the game. What the creators actually want seems to matter little.

Isabella

Your Mom
Wow look at those poll results. And one of the 3 was Balthea being a smartass. TLS truly is an EBIL CLOTI HAVEN.
(... either that or most people who aren't shippers see an obvious Cloti conclusion)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Clearly the mods are censoring the Clerith underground here and misrepresenting the poll results. It's like Tehran except with more snark, less staged demonstrations, and no one getting beaten and shot.

For now...

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's also hilarious because I haven't voted.

But yeah, when your hypothesis invokes a ptlemian epicycle of an explanation either to explain away what isn't there, invent what isn't there, or twist that which does not aid you into that what does- and openly STATE you are doing so- your hypothesis is objectively a piece of shit. Even if its conclusion were correct, it's explanation of that conclusion wants to make parsimony its prison bitch.

And I cannot stress enough that they have actually looked at the new quotes and asked 'how can we twist this to Clerith?' over at their little fortress.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Ok, I confess; I made several accounts and voted for the big-boobed one.
To demonstrate my neutrality, of couse, DUH! :awesome:

And I cannot stress enough that they have actually looked at the new quotes and asked 'how can we twist this to Clerith?' over at their little fortress.
Not new. They literally have a place where they 'teach" each other how to "debate against Clotis" and members ask how to counter shit and "how to make things Cleris."

You'd think that'd be their first clue that they really have no clue.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Not saying it's new, OWD, I just cannot stress enough that they themselves view what they do as twisting. They're a step further than doublethink.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
How can trust a poll on a cesspoll like this site to give you an accurate result?

Every mention of Tifa with 'friend':
"Haha, I guess Tifa's just Cloud's friend. "Koibito" what? :awesome:"

Every mention of Aerith as a friend:
"Oh look, they called Tifa a 'friend' :awesome:"

It's as if people don't remember what doesn't work for them, like it's blocked out. I don't think what is 'intended' matter, as much as what sounds good for C/A or bad for C/T.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Not 'as much as', but exactly like that, Hito.

And OWD, Shroudiepoo's ban for dupe accounts and ballot stuffing was epic.

paoo

♥
The Ultimania is full of Clerith! "Cloud met Aerith in the church." Awww! <3

Wait, what? How is that Clerith?

"Cloud and Tifa came to realize their feelings for eachother in the end of the story, and live together in AC and DoC." I bet that the rabid Clotis squeal as hell when they see this. :whistle: They probably don't understand that they could realize ANY type of feeling. Ohhhh Clerith! <3333

Seriously, it is like this. I've read this myself. I guess we're all blind for not realizing the true love between Cloud and Aerith. Their love passes beyond death. Because they had spirit!smex in a fanfic, and Cloud and Tifa just got.... a bunch of proofs while Clerith has none.

But that doesn't matter! :lol: In my eyes I saw the annoyed look the Lego-Cloud gave Tifa. And how much Cloud and Aerith love eachother. It's obvious.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Not saying it's new, OWD, I just cannot stress enough that they themselves view what they do as twisting. They're a step further than doublethink.

I haven't seen them say they're twisting it and such, where did they say this?

Also I don't think anyone here would disagree with Aerith living in Cloud. It's whether or not it's romantic is the problem.... which it isn't (see my cat quote in other thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom