So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH CELES WHY ARE YOU NOT CELES ANYMORE I'M GOING TO GO CRY IN MY LONELINESS NOW.

you triple crosser

But Clerith fandom is pretty similar to a lot of other fandoms, its just that its age and lack of resolution have allowed people to grow older, more bitter, and more convinced their pair is the right one.

Lack of THEIR resolution, in a continuing property. It's not much different from the rage fests while the Ranma series was still ongoing.
Or the rage of rabid trekkies in various vs debates, such as v Wars and 40K and the Xindi, and pretty much most other 'high' SF franchises, come to think of it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
*me facepalms*

Someone should fix that, I'm not signing up with an account just for that.
I love how rings mean automatic engagement or marrriedness.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL

Okay, that's a bit of a rabid Cloti fan. No, they're not engaged. The ring doesn't mean marriage. Guess they got a bit ahead of themselves there.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Even if it *was* only Tifa who wore the ring, it would still not mean marriage, engagement and wedding rings are worn on the left hand I believe.

Tifaeria

Hello again! 8D
AKA
Roxy Lalonde, Black Canary, Princess Vampira, Ah-Choo, Cutie-Aoide
I would just take that whole fact off period. That's kinda embarrassing to see, especially since not all cloti fans think that way and most likely a small margin do.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol Um... the Wiki stills says ZOMG!ENGAGED!

Yeah um...no they're not. The wolf ring =/= engagement!

And I bet the uber-super-rabid Cleriths are all, "Why aren't they jumping on it to help their cause?" Not why we debate Cloti, peeps. Not why we debate it at all.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm sure they know we don't all think the same exactly thing. Just like Cleriths don't always think the same thing... that's why I had to talk about 11 different meanings of "koibito" on my LTD analysis :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Even if it *was* only Tifa who wore the ring, it would still not mean marriage, engagement and wedding rings are worn on the left hand I believe.

Not a hard and fast rule. Sometimes you wear engagement on one hand and switch it to the other for marriage. But yeah.

lol Um... the Wiki stills says ZOMG!ENGAGED!

Yeah um...no they're not. The wolf ring =/= engagement!

And I bet the uber-super-rabid Cleriths are all, "Why aren't they jumping on it to help their cause?" Not why we debate Cloti, peeps. Not why we debate it at all.

It's about factual accuracy rather than 'winning'

Some people forget that.

Hilariously, I still wish to point out that they are common law married as of maybe DoC and definitely CoD if they wish to hold themselves out as such (and Gaia's laws hold such a status, naturally).

I'm sure they know we don't all think the same exactly thing. Just like Cleriths don't always think the same thing... that's why I had to talk about 11 different meanings of "koibito" on my LTD analysis :monster:

Don't like three or four of those come from the same group of Cleriths?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
What? Where?

You linked to an archive of the page edit.

Incidentally, I've edited the page again myself, to point out he's not the only character to get married mentioning Cid and Shera and Wakka and Lulu, nor the only one to raise children, mentioning Yang and wife, Cloud and Tifa, and Terra and the orphans.

I realize I neglected to mention Laguna's marriage, but it's already cluttered there, I think.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You really should've plastered that section with '[CITATION NEEDED]' tags, for the lulz :monster:. I.e. it's a wiki, it should contain facts or reasonably assumable shit, not speculation based on something as plain as a rather dark ring, :monster:. Really, would you give your lady a dark ring of an angry-looking wolf as an engagement ring? Sure, Cloud's d4rk and nekr0 by some people's opinions, but that'd just be fail :monster:.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Really, would you give your lady a dark ring of an angry-looking wolf as an engagement ring? Sure, Cloud's d4rk and nekr0 by some people's opinions, but that'd just be fail :monster:.

Well it is his personal symbol. I wouldn't say it'd any different from giving your other half a heirloom ring with your family crest on it. It's not necessarily symbolising engagement but it speaks volumes about the importance of that particular person to you.

I still don't get why Barrett has a ring though. He seems like the odd one out next to Tifa and Denzel. Although I suppose second to Zack, he is Cloud's best male friend.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Well it is his personal symbol. I wouldn't say it'd any different from giving your other half a heirloom ring with your family crest on it. It's not necessarily symbolising engagement but it speaks volumes about the importance of that particular person to you.

I still don't get why Barrett has a ring though. He seems like the odd one out next to Tifa and Denzel. Although I suppose second to Zack, he is Cloud's best male friend.
Still my pet theory that Marlene gave it to him to keep him connected to her, that's why Marlene doesn't have one. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
You really should've plastered that section with '[CITATION NEEDED]' tags, for the lulz :monster:. I.e. it's a wiki, it should contain facts or reasonably assumable shit, not speculation based on something as plain as a rather dark ring, :monster:.

And that's what we try to do, Mako. No worries there.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You linked to an archive of the page edit.

Incidentally, I've edited the page again myself, to point out he's not the only character to get married mentioning Cid and Shera and Wakka and Lulu, nor the only one to raise children, mentioning Yang and wife, Cloud and Tifa, and Terra and the orphans.

I realize I neglected to mention Laguna's marriage, but it's already cluttered there, I think.

You mention Wakka and Lulu for marriage yet fail to mention that they have a kid, too? D:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Well, none of them are the hero of the story like Cecil is, so I guess technically the page is right in saying he's the only married main character. :P

Splintered

unsavory tart
Ahur, rabid fans. They are in every fandom.
You mention Wakka and Lulu for marriage yet fail to mention that they have a kid, too? D:
I think it goes for "main protagonists" otherwise you'd have to mention Cid, or even Edea (was playable for a bit.)

People are quick to write Barrett out. He's not a part of the current family unit, (Cloud, Tifa, Marlene, Denzel) but he's still connected to it. He's still probably Tifa's and Cloud's closest friend in Avalanche, still Marlene's father, and did happen to live with them a bit.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
What? Where?

FF Wiki said:
Trivia

* A character named Cecil appears in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, as an NPC in Marr's Pass. He has little connection to Cecil from Final Fantasy IV as he claims that he used to be quite the ladies' man, which makes his personality different from Cecil. However, in Final Fantasy IV the player has the opportunity to take Cecil to a brothel and view a strip show, and a soldier in Troia reacts as though Cecil asked her to dance for him, implying that there may be a more womanizing side to Cecil not seen in his dialogue. On top of that, the player can obtain a magazine called the "Lustful Lali-Ho" in the Developers' Room (also called Smut in earlier versions), and have Cecil read it. The description of the magazine reads "Cecil's favorite title".
* Cecil is the only confirmed main character in the series to be married, although in Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, which takes place two years after Final Fantasy VII, it is hinted that Tifa Lockhart is either engaged or married to Cloud Strife, as there is a ring on her finger.
* Cecil is referenced by Natsuki Takaya in one of her side columns in Fruits Basket Volume 5, showing her love of Final Fantasy.
* Cecil is one of only three main characters that are half-human hybrids in the series, the others being Terra of Final Fantasy VI and Yuna of Final Fantasy X, although Lunarians and Al Bhed are essentially humans that possess unique physical characteristics, unlike Espers, who can take on a variety of forms, and possesses unearthly powers.

Comments like that give the rest of us a bad name. :monster:

But at least it says that it's implied rather than true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom