So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't it be easily said that Aerith and Cloud were just friends?
I think the main argument is more that storyline/plot, sequels, prequels, official books and creators words are what determine a canon couple. An artist drawing some of the characters together should never be used, period. It shows how desperate for proof the Clerii are though, with their artwork, coke cans, AU games, etc. Well, desperate or they really don't understand the concept of canon... which is true for some of them.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Well, desperate or they really don't understand the concept of canon... which is true for some of them.

This.

Because I've seriously heard: "Well, I like Aerith and Cloud better, so for me it's canon." :wacky:

No, no, little duckling, that is not how canon works.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Balthea said:
It shows how desperate for proof the Clerii are though, with their artwork, coke cans, AU games, etc.
Hey, hey now why don't we work on the actual games. Cloud and Aerith are featured together because they are the main hero and heroine so they are shown as the icons for FFVII. But that doesn't neccisarly mean they are romantically involved. It's like saying Cloud and Tifa are shown more than Aerith in AC so they are canon. No, just no...

Fairheartstrife said:
Because I've seriously heard: "Well, I like Aerith and Cloud better, so for me it's canon."
Now how bout some proof? So many people just prefer the Cloti or Clerith side so that's why the find it more canon because they want it to be. Honestly I know because i've liked Cloti more than Clerith and Clerith more than Cloti at times so I felt more connected with my preferred one being canon. Now tbh I don't give a shit about so I think both have legit reasons, but no one is gonna get the canon mark from me.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
ff6_24.jpg
Also some hawt Celes/Edgar CANONZ art thar. :monster:

Well the arguement is the put the main hero with his lover and friends and the main heroine with the villian. Couldn't it be easily said that Aerith and Cloud were just friends?
Though in that case, I have no idea what's going on in the above art since neither Edgar nor Celes are the main hero...

paoo

♥
But why do SE choose Cloud and Aerith to represent FF7 in other games?
It's always something. :awesome: I have to be honest, the AU games seems both Cloti and Clerith to me. It seems like the switch between both the couples. Just to make fans happy, maybe?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, her response seems to be every Destiny Fulfilled and Clerith.com lie rolled into one.

And can I just call double triple fail on Amano artz? Firstly- they are concept art. Amano has no bearing on the actual story, unlike the more hands on Nomura. Amano is a busy man and does not have time to stay around for the entire design process, and in FF7's case, he wasn't even the designer, he merely drew a few illustrations based on the only ideas they had at that time, well before the storyline as we know it even came into conception.

Secondly, not everything he draws makes it into the games. Case in point, Guy's high tech blaster into FF2, and the main character of FF3 who never was, but still got used for the game's cover and logo.

Which incidentally kiboshes that 'they used it for the OST cover' nonsense.

Thirdly, even if it WERE canon, many times he has drawn together people who are NOT canonically romantically related. Yuna and Brother. Lenne and Faris. Celes and Edgar, Palom and Porom, Cloud and Red, Squall and Selphie.
He also drew Sephy and Aerith together, and Seymour and Yuna. Now, some people say 'well he draws the heroine and the villian together', but to my recollection- and I've seen a damn lot of the Amano art- that doesn't happen, except in FF7 and FF10.
I've also seen it said he always draws the couples together, but Cecil and Rosa and Locke and Celes (and more recently, all the FF12 pairings) say no.

Also, I have it through the grapevine that the Cetra are currently deciding what their story should be to tell the lower ranks. More on that one later.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I feel tempted to make that into an actual haiku now, but I can't think of a good first line. :(

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Clerith is canon though

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah, J. Whitney, do that once more and I'm giving you an infraction for spamming, capische?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Finally came up with one of my own :monster:

THIS IS A HAIKU
CLERITH, YOU MOTHERFUCKERS
YOU'D BETTER BELIEVE

:awesomonster:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
What the...

I leave you guys for a few hours and you're all already converted to Clerith? :@

I sense everyone getting closer to Clack then. Carry on. :awesome:

Harley

rain city state of mind
CLACK
GAY AS FUCK

ALL YOU CLOTI MOTHERFUCKERS CAN SUCK MY DICK
CLERITH IS WHERE ITS AT

FUCK!

Last edited:

Harley

rain city state of mind
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT

CLEEEEERRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
J. WHITNEY, THE REST OF THIS THREAD. STOP THAT SHIT NOW. THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING.I AM GIVING YOU EVERY CHANCE TO SHUT THAT NOISE UP. THAT IS ALL.

Isabella

Your Mom
Also, I have it through the grapevine that the Cetra are currently deciding what their story should be to tell the lower ranks. More on that one later.
Has anyone ever seen an instance where Clotis have to "get their stories straight" to present a united front? Just curious, because I never have. If there are secret Cloti council meetings then I'm pissed no one's inviting me, being the raging rapid that I am. :rage:

Here's the thing: It shouldn't be necessary to put your heads together and figure out a viable interpretation. If an interpretation is valid, then it's obvious. It just flows. Cloti flows with no effort, no obstacles to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom