So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isabella

Your Mom
I'm sure the part of the interview most relevant to this thread is what he's already posted. But I'd love to read the rest of it just to see what Nojima has to say in general. *makes puppy eyes at hito*

Another random thought on that gif: Nomura says they're expanding on the end of the game with the concept. Do you think he's saying that's what Cloud's line was about, the "I think I can meet her there?" In other words, he's realized that her (/their, however you choose to translate) consciousness lives on?

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Are you eighteen yet, Quex? :awesome:

Also @ Bella: I've noticed the lack of recognition in context as well.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch

Also @ Bella: I've noticed the lack of recognition in context as well.

**dons pink glasses** What is this "context" of which you speak? The Japanese are a complex people. They never come out ans SAY exactly what they mean! It's all about what's NOT being said. If you WATCH the interview, you'll notice that Nomura is wearing a white shirt and that the walls are yellow. THOSE are the colors of the flowers in Aerith's church!!

Stoopid rapid.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Yeah I'm... just a titch older than 18... just a bit :awesome:

also isn't this new interview Nojima?
and I see some of them saying that it "contradicts" :quote: (I just wanted to use that smiley) with what Nomura said years ago when he said he didn't know if Cloud and Tifa were involved romantically... but I think this new interview should over write the first one... things change and all that.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
lol I always took Nomura's interview as trying to be coy. The man obviously doesn't want to tell us straight up one way or the other. That and I'm sure he hates as all by now. I would if I were him. :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
If he hates it so much why doesn't he just GIVE US A FUCKING ANSWER THAT NO ONE CAN ARGUE!

Have Cloud and Tifa make out in a lake for fuck's sake :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
also isn't this new interview Nojima?
and I see some of them saying that it "contradicts" :quote: (I just wanted to use that smiley) with what Nomura said years ago when he said he didn't know if Cloud and Tifa were involved romantically... but I think this new interview should over write the first one... things change and all that.

Well, Nojima and Nomura ain't the same person. And as a great mind once said (oh hey, it's me!)
And I still laugh at people who think he literally meant that. The director of AC doesn't know what the characters are up to or how they feel?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Well no but I think if a new interview comes out with new info, that should overwrite the first one... or do you not agree?

And I still laugh at people who think he literally meant that. The director of AC doesn't know what the characters are up to or how they feel?
Nomura :kermit:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
If he hates it so much why doesn't he just GIVE US A FUCKING ANSWER THAT NO ONE CAN ARGUE!

Have Cloud and Tifa make out in a lake for fuck's sake :monster:

Here's the thing, Nomura doesn't have the answer. He is the director and conceptualist. It is his job to be in charge of and deliver a product to make SE the maximum amount of money. He honestly, and I do believe this, probably doesn't give a shit who Cloud ends up with or why. His job is to maintain that franchise and showcase it to the best of his abilities. He's also not above toying with the fans for the $$ and on several occasions reigns in the more definitive answers Nojima in favor of the elusive "figure it out".

Nojima, however, is the scenario writer (story teller). He has a direct line into what the characters think and who they are, because HE'S making them. If Nojima says Cloud and Tifa are meant to be together, then guess what? Cloud and Tifa are meant to fucking BE TOGETHER. And he HAS said that, and it's an answer that NO ONE should be able to argue, and yet they do. Constantly.

Isabella

Your Mom
A new interview should overwrite an old one, I agree, but as long as they're from the same person. In other words, Nojima and Nomura likely don't hold exactly the same views, so I can't say anything Nojima says overwrites Nomura and vice versa.

But sticking to Nomura, the "koibito" quote came out after that interview. Earlier interview was an AC publicity interview, IIRC, and he's notoriously coy in those. He's much more blunt in RF, which was after AC was released.

If Nojima says Cloud and Tifa are meant to be together, then guess what? Cloud and Tifa are meant to fucking BE TOGETHER.
He only meant in the same location. Stop being so rabid.

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
A new interview should overwrite an old one, I agree, but as long as they're from the same person. In other words, Nojima and Nomura likely don't hold exactly the same views, so I can't say anything Nojima says overwrites Nomura and vice versa.

But sticking to Nomura, the "koibito" quote came out after that interview. Earlier interview was an AC publicity interview, IIRC, and he's notoriously coy in those. He's much more blunt in RF, which was after AC was released.

Nomura knows the score. He just plays dumb a lot. Plus, if you read my above answer, I do think he has more pressing concerns than who Cloud wants to Climhazzard on Saturday night. :neo:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
NOMURA NEVER LIES.

See the Namine and Kairi are unrelated quote. :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
Nomura knows the score. He just plays dumb a lot. Plus, if you read my above answer, I do think he has more pressing concerns than who Cloud wants to Climhazzard on Saturday night. :neo:
I agree. He's more interested in gravity-defying fight scenes. But he still knows what Cloud's feeling, because as a director it's part of his job.

Position: Missionary.

Cloud likes it old school.
:lol: You know, I've never really thought about what they're like in bed. I'm having trouble imagining it.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
When did Nojima say they were meant to be together? IS that the Promised Land thing?

EDIT:
it is isn't it?...
well... I guess unless he says "Cloud and Tifa are meant to be together." just like that... there's not much we can do.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
When did Nojima say they were meant to be together? IS that the Promised Land thing?

That's from that RF quote. "I knew one thing for sure, Cloud and Tifa would be together."

The counter to that quote is like we said, "he's only referring to being in the same location."

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Wow I didn't even know he said that... I gotta read these reunion file thingies.

The counter to that quote is like we said, "he's only referring to being in the same location."
Same as it was with the Promise Land thing I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom