So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendel

Banned
Wasn't that a reference to her role as the last Cetra? Yeah, it might have been another obstacle.

Maybe.

I just find it funny that cleriths say Cloud and Tifa would have so many problems to over come. So it wont work. Yet ignore the problems Cloud and Aerith would have.

Then again to them the problem is Clouds love for Aerith. Which once again is based off the assumption that Cloud and Aerith ttly in wuv and things like Zack and Tifa are no biggie.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I could go on a rant about all the issues Cloud and Aerith might face as a couple, had she lived.

fainessae

sleepy
I actually think, if Aerith had lived, the CloTi ending would be even more definitive, regardless of Aerith's chemistry with Cloud.

The Lifestream sequence, in any other story, would have ended any other possible "relationship" for Cloud and any other girl. That was the pinnacle of Cloud's story arc and only Tifa could have done it. In a story where Aerith lived, the Lifestream Sequence would have been a scene much like the Ragnarok sequence in FF8. There wouldn't really be any room left for a third-party female once Cloud and Tifa emerged (together) from Cloud's now whole mind, no matter how much chemistry Aerith might have had with Cloud before this. She, like other love rivals before and after her, would have had to respectfully bow out at that point.

Had Aerith had lived, she would have had to fight Sephiroth alone once Cloud went nutty because she'd be the only one who could stop the impending doom of Meteor as a Cetra--only Tifa would have been able to stop fighting to nurse him. Even if Aerith wanted to give up her duty, she wouldn't have been able to because of the responsibilities she must take as the last remaining Cetra--things only she can do.

The only way Clerith actually works is if the story remains as it is. Because only a dead woman can manage to "win" over a living woman who has put a man's mind back together--or can be imagined to be "winning" over that living woman.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Didn't that interview say something about Aerith's burden or some such?

As in Aerith herself has a burden or responsibility, if I remember correctly. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

By the way, how likely do you suppose it is that Cloud had feelings for Tifa even before their mutual realisation of feelings for each other in the lifestream event?

Because while Cloud is oblivious to her feelings at first he seemed generally more concerned about her than any of the other characters in the first disc. It also wouldn't be a surprise if his feelings reawakened when he met her again four years later, even if he didn't fully remember his feelings from before. Afterall, quite a bit of the original Cloud remains in Zack/Jenova-Cloud (something both Tifa and Aerith notice themselves).

Thoughts?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
The Lifestream sequence, in any other story, would have ended any other possible "relationship" for Cloud and any other girl. That was the pinnacle of Cloud's story arc and only Tifa could have done it.
QFT. That was definitely the turning point for Cloud. When he realized who he wanted to be with and is supposed to be with and sought out to be with. If he really didn't want to be with Tifa and wanted to be close to Aerith, why bother living with Tifa at all? To be forgiven? No I don't think so. He said the only way he could be forgiven is if he lived... not lived with Tifa. He chose to life with Tifa for a reason... an it wasn't to be with Aerith because that makes no sense at all :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
As in Aerith herself has a burden or responsibility, if I remember correctly. (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

By the way, how likely do you suppose it is that Cloud had feelings for Tifa even before their mutual realisation of feelings for each other in the lifestream event?

Because while Cloud is oblivious to her feelings at first he seemed generally more concerned about her than any of the other characters in the first disc. It also wouldn't be a surprise if his feelings reawakened when he met her again four years later, even if he didn't fully remember his feelings from before. Afterall, quite a bit of the original Cloud remains in Zack/Jenova-Cloud (something both Tifa and Aerith notice themselves).

Thoughts?

Cloud did. Right before Cloud falls into the lifestream, even as he believes he is a mere puppet, his last thoughts are to tell Tifa she hopes she gets to meet the real Cloud someday.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Well if they had threesomes with each other without marriage, it'd just be wrong. Like it says in the Bible - no kinky bondage sex play until the ring is on her finger.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well if they had threesomes with each other without marriage, it'd just be wrong. Like it says in the Bible - no kinky bondage sex play until the ring is on her finger.

It doesn't say that at all in the bible. In fact, it is supportive of young men having concubines. Masturbation is a sin, but not having multiple women before marriage.

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
^ I would have to agree. But arguably this is going to be a no end situation. We all know that Cloud had the hots for Tifa. My God look just at her and what man wouldn't. On the other hand Aeris comes into the picture and you see innocence and purity. It's a double edge sword.
In most ways though I think he sticks with Tifa. She strong willed, pretty tough, and has a great chest. (sorry but it's true) :P Personally I don't think multiple partners is a bad idea in Clouds case.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
^ I would have to agree. But arguably this is going to be a no end situation. We all know that Cloud had the hots for Tifa. My God look just at her and what man wouldn't. On the other hand Aeris comes into the picture and you see innocence and purity. It's a double edge sword.

Which is why I say Cloud screws both edges!

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Masturbation is a sin, but not having multiple women before marriage.

Technically, the act of masturbation is not a sin. Spilling seed that won't produce is. 'Tis better to fuck a whore than waste seed, apparently. :awesome:

So, women, lucky bitches that we are, can masturbate all we want. ;)

Vossler

Voss da boss bitch
AKA
Nightmare,race driver,steel tormenter
Technically, the act of masturbation is not a sin. Spilling seed that won't produce is. 'Tis better to fuck a whore than waste seed, apparently. :awesome:

:pics:
Damn the bad luck. So sounds like Cloud doesn't get any, or just some:awesome:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

Except you're a woman. That's ALREADY a sin.

And strictly speaking, it's not the wasting of seed, but the failing to impregnate your brother's widow that's the sin.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Except you're a woman. That's ALREADY a sin.

And strictly speaking, it's not the wasting of seed, but the failing to impregnate your brother's widow that's the sin.

:awesome: I love being a natural born sin.

And yes, I know the verse quite well. And the phrase I used isn't found in OT or newer versions at all...kind of a "well-known" biblical misquote. I shouldn't be surprised you'd know the source, though.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves

And we got them multiple orgasms while you guys can just have one... HAHAHA! :awesome:

I love being a natural born sin.
I was an accident... does that count for being like... an extra sin?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
What IS this terrible myth of the singular male orgasm?

That's nearly as insulting as the 'splurt and snore' myth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom