So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Not to be mean, but you have to consider the source. You know we've had plenty of chats with him over the years, and while he's a perfectly nice guy, very little of what he says has ever made sense to me.

Yeah. Maybe we should be nice to him too, so he won't silence us with the wave of his hand.:awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Not to be mean, but you have to consider the source. You know we've had plenty of chats with him over the years, and while he's a perfectly nice guy, very little of what he says has ever made sense to me.

He does have a tendency to bring up left field humdingers from nowhere, yes.
The whole spiritaerith relationship notion, and all.

It comes from the fact that they can't twist the meaning of koibito anymore. Not since they did a 180 on it. So they need to invent reasons why Aerith's is the more important usage.

That's part of it, I think, but really, I'm curious where he managed to get this idea that an Author saying 'Okay, this this and this' is somehow less in the head of a character, less aware of their thoughts and position than the character they themselves created and control.

Yeah. Maybe we should be nice to him too, so he won't silence us with the wave of his hand.:awesome:

Yeah.... no.
Though I do see he's a Super mod now.
How many super mods and admins does that make? 50% of the forum population?

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
http://z14.invisionfree.com/The_Northern_Crater/index.php?showtopic=642&view=findpost&p=5520390

Tell me, have any of you ever encountered this 'the character is in the character's head better than the creator of that character who decided what was in their head' nonsense before?
Yeah yeah, I know there's the death of the author nonsense, but this one strikes me as new, unique, and amazingly absurd.
I mean, where does this come from?

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN!

Guess the planet really is supposed to be Sephiroth's rule :D
EDIT
AND Cloud's the father of the family because of what is said in Case of Tifa, case closed.

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Okay, let me just get this straight. When the author is talking aboout Tifa this guy doesn't think he's doing it on behalf of Cloud, thus not all that relevant to the LTD. Aerith is in character and is thus relevant to her feelings. Now just because Cloud isn't aware of Aerith's feelings toward him doesn't mean that he doesn't feel the same way towards her. THEREFORE CLERITH WINS! I mean CloudXAerith is canon.

Does that about sum it up?

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Yeah.... no.
Though I do see he's a Super mod now.

Looks like it. At least most Cleriths I see there are either mods or admins.

Okay, let me just get this straight. When the author is talking aboout Tifa this guy doesn't think he's doing it on behalf of Cloud, thus not all that relevant to the LTD. Aerith is in character and is thus relevant to her feelings. Now just because Cloud isn't aware of Aerith's feelings toward him doesn't mean that he doesn't feel the same way towards her. THEREFORE CLERITH WINS! I mean CloudXAerith is canon.

Does that about sum it up?

Clerith magic formula in action.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Yeah, and what's the point of most of them, if they don't post and do their job? Quexi does the most around there, really. Certain people became Mods and I almost shit bricks. It was some-what offending by how appalling it was. :lol:

Now just because Cloud isn't aware of Aerith's feelings toward him doesn't mean that he doesn't feel the same way towards her.

Don't forget that Cloud doesn't need to be aware of Aerith's feelings, to two-time.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Yeah, and what's the point of most of them, if they don't post and do their job? Quexi does the most around there, really. Certain people became Mods and I almost shit bricks. It was some-what offending by how appalling it was. :lol:

Don't forget that Cloud doesn't need to be aware of Aerith's feelings, to two-time.

But off course not, Cloud is so awesome he can have sexual relations with both women, but still be completely and utterly unaware that either of them are attracted to him. When he's not talking to his Buster Sword Cloud goes through his life pretty much on auto-pilot.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

I wish Zelda was a mod, tbqh. :(

That's because he's apparently so stupid he doesn't even notice when he's having sex with her or with Tifa. :awesome:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
There's 3 Cloti mods and 3 Clerith mods. But because Divine Aria and TresDias are hardly ever there, there's technically two each.

Quexi does the most around there, really.
:D

That's because he's apparently so stupid he doesn't even notice when he's having sex with her or with Tifa.
*Cloud having sex with Tifa*
Cloud: So... this is... sex you say?
Tifa: Just don't stop
Cloud: Uh okay sure...

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
There's 3 Cloti mods and 3 Clerith mods. But because Divine Aria and TresDias are hardly ever there, there's technically two each.

That's eight staff members for 12 members, including staff.

And yes, Cloud's skill at two timing without knowing the women he's two timing are interested in him is AMAZING.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
So is mako a clerith or something? or anyone else.

dunno who staff are now days.

There are more than twelve members total at TLS, UN.
Was it that difficult to check one page back to see what forum was being referred to?

Username

Banned
dunno what forum your going on about Ryu, i just didn't know who the hell staff are around here now. What happened to the view forum leaders button.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Holy crap, Schala-Kitty is staff here? Awesome, I used parts of her Dissidia translations for my subtitle vids! Looks like she's AWOL though...

Vendel

Banned
Fuck...my brain hurts.
random Clerith said:
It's also implied that Aerith is there when Cloud parks by the flower field, since you can only hear Cloud's voice as he's talking to Tifa. That's the only phone call during Reminiscence where you hear only Cloud's voice, so it's like the conversation is being heard by someone else. Who else might be overhearing the conversation but Aerith, who is actually shown waiting for Cloud during Calling?
Wasn't this explained quite simply as Tifa's voice actress not being available?

It's not some subtle hint at Cloud spirit fucking Aerith.

Also

RC said:
neither Calling or Safe & Sound show Cloud returning to the Seventh Heaven. The bonus videos would have been a perfect time for SE to canonize Cloti, if that's indeed what they wanted to do. All it would have taken is for Cloud to be shown returning to the Seventh Heaven and making some kind of romantic gesture to Tifa. Instead, Cloud is shown out on his own amidst imagery of Aerith,........

Not only that, but the movie actually ends with a picture of the interior of Aerith's church. Movies usually end with a scene of significance to the main character, and Aerith's church was chosen instead of Cloud with his family.

Again completely ignoring Zack in both of the new scenes and how he is linked with Aerith. Her flowers on his grave. His sword in her church. Also ignore Denzel at the grave site as well.

As well as the idiotic logic of "not showing him returning to 7th heaven".

Also for the uninitiated. Clouds promised land is not the chruch.
The place where he awakens---
That is Cloud's Promised Land

As he sleeps, Cloud hears two voices. The voices of two people very dear to him, who are no longer with him. Playfully and kindly, they give him a message: he doesn't belong here yet.

When he awakes, there was his friends. There were the children, freed from their fatal illness. Tifa and Marlene, and Denzel asking for Cloud to heal his Geostigma-- his family were waiting. Engulfed in celebration, he realises where he is meant to live. He realises that he was able to forgive himself.

And when he turns around--- "she" is starting to leave. Together with the friend who had given Cloud his life. Cloud no longer has to suffer in loneliness... And so they too go back to where they belong.

Wow, it's like the entire paragraph when he wakes up is explaining his promised land. Friends, family and forgiveness.

Also why do certain people completely ignore the last line? AERITH AND ZACK ARE GOO NOW. THEY ARE NOT COMING BACK. AERITH IS NOT LIVING INSIDE CLOUD. SHE IS NOT MAKING SPIRIT FUCKING VISITS.......FUCK!!!

I feel better.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Wasn't this explained quite simply as Tifa's voice actress not being available?
Do you have a link to that by chance?

As for the place where he awakens blah blah... what it looks like to me is the title of the ... I dunno what to call it, of the thing that's written is "The place where he awakens is his promised land"

To me that means they're explaining what they just said. They're saying WHY the church is his promised land. Because he's surrounded by his family and friends.

AERITH AND ZACK ARE GOO NOW. THEY ARE NOT COMING BACK. AERITH IS NOT LIVING INSIDE CLOUD. SHE IS NOT MAKING SPIRIT FUCKING VISITS.......FUCK!!!
Spirit fucking visits fuck huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom