So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendel

Banned
Do you have a link to that by chance?

I think it's in the reunion files. Could be wrong.

As for the place where he awakens blah blah... what it looks like to me is the title of the ... I dunno what to call it, of the thing that's written is "The place where he awakens is his promised land"

To me that means they're explaining what they just said. They're saying WHY the church is his promised land. Because he's surrounded by his family and friends.

No, it's because of Aerith. Silly rabid cloti.

Spirit fucking visits fuck huh?

What the fuck are you talking about?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Here's a fucked up idea - Zack and Aerith are goo. Cloud and Tifa were submerged in goo and spent their time pawing open each other's minds. Maybe somehow, Zack and Aerith slipped in there and are hiding away in Cloud and Tifa's minds.

Imagine all the whacked-out lemon fics THIS idea is gonna spawn!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
As for the place where he awakens blah blah... what it looks like to me is the title of the ... I dunno what to call it, of the thing that's written is "The place where he awakens is his promised land"
wow this was what? 4 minutes ago... and I read your post and thought you just cut what I said short with "blah blah":... I seriously do not remember typing blah blah... but anyway...

No, it's because of Aerith. Silly rabid cloti.
See that's what I don't get... he was just WITH Aerith. SO if his promised land is with her... he would have just came from his promised land.

What the fuck are you talking about?
You said spirit fucking visits... fuck... and I thought it was funny :awesome:

Here's a fucked up idea - Zack and Aerith are goo. Cloud and Tifa were submerged in goo and spent their time pawing open each other's minds. Maybe somehow, Zack and Aerith slipped in there and are hiding away in Cloud and Tifa's minds.

Imagine all the whacked-out lemon fics THIS idea is gonna spawn!
Don't make me hit you.

Sunstrider

Lesbian Aerith
AKA
Tess, Leaute
/dry humps Quexi
Cloud and Tifa were submerged in goo and spent their time pawing open each other's minds. Maybe somehow, Zack and Aerith slipped in there and are hiding away in Cloud and Tifa's minds.

SERIOUS POSSIBLY YAOI FANFIC TIME.

Vendel

Banned
Pfft. I came up with "Aerith is a parasite that can be transmitted like an STD and is thus inside Tifa now" thing a long time ago.

Plus I know multiple places you can watch ACC online...

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Roxas and Namine beat you to the mind parasite foursome shtick a longass time ago.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Given time, I'm sure there's a Shoujo Anime from 1975 or so will be found that has everyone body beat. But yeah, the idea of spirit parasite foursome is bizarrely rather new to FF as far as I can tell, while the jokes regarding KH2 parasitic foursome were part of the second game.

Vendel

Banned
Given time, I'm sure there's a Shoujo Anime from 1975 or so will be found that has everyone body beat. But yeah, the idea of spirit parasite foursome is bizarrely rather new to FF as far as I can tell, while the jokes regarding KH2 parasitic foursome were part of the second game.

Well being a person who has no interest in the KH series. I can assure you I would have no way of knowing about sexually transmitted parasites in those games.

As for FFVII and this forum in particular? I take full credit.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Cloud nevar returns to Tifa! And yet he takes a picture with the whole gang apparently after the trip because he picks a random flower to put on his desk! BUT HE'S NOT RETURNING TO TIFA HE'S JUST INDOCTRINATING DENZEL INTO SPIRIT SEX THAT'S WHAT THE END OF THE MOVIE IS ALL ABOUT. :awesome:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Despite creators saying that they belong together... Duh.

Revised Clerith.com AC/C faqs:
1. Square Enix has officially said who Cloud loves.
~ False. Officially, Square Enix still claims that who Cloud loves is up to interpretation.

So why the heck dedicate shitloads of essays trying to prove that Cloud loves Aerith?

2. Advent Children/Complete portrays Cloud resolving his guilt so that he can move on with Tifa.
~ False.

Of course it is. Cloud doesn't need to move on to be with Tifa. He's already with her.

The ending of Advent Children shows Cloud riding his motorcycle out to a flower field to be with Aerith. There is also evidence that he visits her there often.

I suppose you've missed the part in the script saying that he never even saw Aerith, didn't know she was there and just passed by? Or you simply choose to ignore it?

The ending of Advent Children Complete shows Cloud out on his own again, and nothing is seen of his return to the Seventh Heaven.

Like the new photo on his desk you mean?

While Cloud is out on the road, he's surrounded by flowers which are the same color as the flowers in Aerith's Church as stated by Nomura in the Reunion Files.

Same flowers grow on Zack's grave place.

A bouquet of those flowers is shown on his desk along with many photographs of those flower fields.

Neatly placed in frames?

The last scene in the movie is also the interior of Aerith's Church. If the creators had indeed wanted to show that Cloud was now ready to move on with Tifa, the ending sequence should have focused on Cloud's return home to the Seventh Heaven. Instead, the movie's ending clearly implies that Aerith will always be in Cloud's heart.

Well, sure. Showing Aerith's church with Zack's sword in there is sooo Clerith!

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Ending:

Cloud: Now Zack can be with his girlfriend like he wanted to be! :B
Aerith: But... you're my lover, Cloud...
Zack: Apparently not. :awesome:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
How does an addition to Cloud's desk not show he's come back home?
How does telling us he resumes living with Tifa NOT indicate he returns to Tifa?

Also, 'The last shot of Aerith's church' also contain Zack's sword moved to the church. It means Cloud is holding their memory together.
It's telling, to me, that they are bluntly and unabashedly lying and making shit up. (Evidence he visits her there often my ass.)

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
3. At the end of Advent Children/Complete, Cloud understands that he will never be alone again because he has Tifa.
~ False. At the end of Advent Children/Complete, Cloud says that he is no longer alone because he has learned that Aerith will always be with him.

Who said that it was just about Aerith and Tifa in the first place? Don't forget that the rest of the AVALANCHE and Zack has been there too. And Cloud isn't alone because he finally put his guilt to rest and let himself be surrounded by his family and friends again.

4. Since Cloud loved Tifa in Final Fantasy VII, then he must also love her in Advent Children/Complete.
~ False. The level of Cloud's affection for Tifa is totally optional to the player in Final Fantasy VII. How much Cloud likes Tifa is fully governed by the Date Mechanism. Therefore, Cloud's feelings for Tifa are not a "fact" determined by the script. Instead, Cloud's feelings for Tifa are completely optional, since they're determined by choices made by the player.

The promise (Cloud and Tifa's that is, which is ingraved in his heart) is however not optional and not up to the player.

5. Since Cloud had a childhood crush on Tifa, he must still love her as an adult.
~ That's a very illogical assumption. How many people are still in love with someone they had a crush on when they were a kid?

How many people out there go to the flower fields to meet dead people?

6. Cloud and Tifa must be romantically involved since they live together.
~ False. Living in the same house is not conclusive proof of a romantic connection.

Wow!

In the first place, Tifa lived with Barret, Wedge, and Biggs in the original Seventh Heaven in Final Fantasy VII, yet no one thought that she had a romantic relationship with them.

Maybe because neither of them had been stated as Tifa's romantic interest.

Since Tifa has lived with other male friends on a platonic basis, then Tifa may also be living with Cloud on a platonic basis.

Maybe you should just provide the quote from the creators saying that Cloud and Tifa live together platonicaly. Because otherwise this statement sounds ridiculous.

Furthermore, it was confirmed in both Advent Children/Complete and Case of Tifa that Cloud has his own room in the Seventh Heaven, which means that he is not sleeping with Tifa.

Well... He's not sleeping with Aerith either.

7. The ending of Advent Children/Complete shows that Aerith and Zack have been reunited as a couple.
~ False. Case of Lifestream-White by Kazushige Nojima specifically states that Cloud is Aerith's sweetheart or boyfriend, which means that Aerith moved on from her feelings for Zack.

Proofz, plz!

a. Aerith really loved the guy she didn't even know.
b. Aerith is over the guy she loved for seven years.

Aerith is also shown by herself during the credits of Advent Children as she waits for Cloud, with Zack nowhere in sight.

Cloud's. Guilt. For. Aerith's. Death.

Furthermore, Aerith clearly states in Maiden of the Planet that she loves Cloud more than Zack and that she's not anxious to spend time with Zack.

The guy's name isn't Aerith. It's Benny.

8. Aerith and Zack are now a couple because they were reunited in the Lifestream.
~ False.

Sure it is. Aerith and Zack have always been a couple, since they first met.

It's clearly stated in Case of Lifestream-White by Kazushige Nojima that Cloud is Aerith's sweetheart or boyfriend. This obviously means that Aerith has moved on from her feelings for Zack.

Deja vu.

9. Cloud resolved all of his problems in Advent Children/Complete, so now he's ready to move on with Tifa.
~ There is no evidence of that. Even though Cloud resolved his guilt and his Geostigma got cured in Advent Children/Complete, there is no evidence that he will now "move on" with Tifa. The end of Advent Children actually shows Cloud riding out to a flower field to be with Aerith, rather than going back to the Seventh Heaven to be with Tifa. Even the ending of Advent Children Complete doesn't show Cloud returning to the Seventh Heaven.

Deja vu, again.

There's also no evidence that Cloud and Tifa are romantically involved in Dirge of Cerberes, which happens a year after Advent Children/Complete.

I suppose it's not enough that they:

a. Always together in each scene they appear.
b. Have a reference to their promise.

Besides, there's a great deal of evidence that fundamental problems exist in Cloud and Tifa's relationship, such as lack of communication and understanding.

In DC you actually see Cloud smiling while he talks with Tifa.

10. Cloud's relationship with Aerith is over because she's dead.
~ False.

Sure it is. There was no "relationship" to begin with.

Nomura specifically says in Distance that Aerith's consciousness lives on inside of Cloud.

Didn't he say that she lives inside her fiends in a similiar way grandmothers live inside their grandchildren?...

The bonus video Calling at the end of Advent Children also showed that Cloud is able to meet with Aerith in the flower field.

Proofz or it didn't happen

That is still suggested by the ending of Advent Children Complete as well as Reminiscence.

:loopy:

Furthermore, the final scene of the movie shows the interior of Aerith's Church, which is a clear suggestion that he visits there often and that Aerith continues to be significant to Cloud.

Or that he had put his guilt for Aerith and Zack's deaths to rest.

. Nomura confirmed in the Reunion Files that Tifa is Cloud's sweetheart.
~ False. Nomura actually stated in Japanese magazine Dorimaga that he has no idea whether Cloud and Tifa were romantically involved between FFVII and Advent Children/Complete.

The bakas should've asked Nojima.

Therefore, Square Enix obviously still wants to leave Cloud and Tifa's relationship open to interpretation. This claim is being made due to a statement made in the Reunion Files, where Nomura describes Tifa’s character as being that of a sweetheart. However, Nomura does even not mention Cloud in that statement, so it cannot be assumed that Cloud is associated with it.

Cos it could totally be Barret! Or Rufus. I'm a Rufus/Tifa shipper and I now have proofz, yay.

Furthermore, it is also written in the novella Case of Lifestream - White, by Kazushige Nojima, that Cloud is Aerith's sweetheart.

Aerith thinks Cloud is her desired person. I never saw Cloud declaring any romantic feelings for Aerit. So proofz or it didn't happen.

. Square Enix has confirmed that Cloud and Tifa are "together", which means they are a couple.
~ This claim is due to a misunderstanding of two statements made by Square Enix. One was made by Kazushige Nojima in the Reunion Files when he said something about Cloud and Tifa being "together". However, the context of the page shows that Nojima was speaking about locations, rather than relationships. Therefore, Nojima only meant that Cloud and Tifa would both be located in Edge. The second statement is something said by Barret in the novella Case of Barret to Cid. Again, Barret was only speaking about their location, not their relationship.

So you didn't even read Crisis Core Keywords Collection? Read it. Then revise the faqs.

13. Cloud and Tifa are shown in a Yin-Yang position in Aerith's church, which symbolizes their love for one another.
~ False. In the first place, their bodies are not truly in a Yin-Yang position. Cloud's body is actually angled away from Tifa’s and there’s a large blank space between them, which prevents the Yin-Yang symbol from being formed. In the second place, Yin-Yang relationships do not always symbolize love.

True, their bodies are not in Yin Yang position. This alone however doest not mean that the scene lacks romantic undertones.
Cloud and Tifa are lying on the flowerbed, facing each other, sublty touching each other's hands. It's not Yin Yang, but there's still certain symmetry and a hint.

. Cloud and Tifa must be romantically involved because they're in a family together.
~ False. Tifa explicitly states in Case of Tifa that she could "get over anything with friends that she could call family."

Well, since they're not relatives by blood, it's only natural to call them "family of friends".

Therefore, the “family” is based on friendship rather than romance. Furthermore, Barret is really considered to be part of the family, too. The ending of Advent Children/Complete also implies that all of Avalanche, including Aerith, are now part of Cloud's "family".

SE calls them "the family of four", o proofz or it didn't happen.

15. Cloud and Tifa are raising children together, so they must be romantically involved.
~ False. Barret specifically tells Cid in Case of Barret that he left Marlene in Tifa's care, without mentioning Cloud.

However, when Barret leaves he says to Marlene something about being a good child in this family, pointing on Cloud and Tifa, who were both present.

Furthermore, it’s also quite obvious that Marlene still considers her father to be Barret, rather than Cloud.

Still she didn't hang Barret and Tifa's drawings together on the wall in her and Denzel's room.

16. There's a romantic scene in Advent Children/Complete where Cloud takes Tifa in his arms.
~ That's purely a matter of opinion, since not everyone considers the scene to be romantic.

The promise reference = romantic.

In fact, Cloud also takes Kadaj in his arms near the end of Advent Children/Complete, yet no one considers that to be proof of a romance between them.

Funny, because Aerith also takes Kadaj's hand, yet no one considers that to be proof of a romance between them.

. There's a picture of Cloud, Tifa, Marlene, and Denzel all happy together as a family.
~ Again, this is purely a matter of opinion. Many people actually think that Cloud looks very depressed and unhappy in that picture, since it shows him looking down at the ground with a frown on his face while turning away from Tifa and the children.

It is. Beacuse Cloud's UP says that he was hapy living with his family.

18. Tifa is wearing Cloud's Cloudy Wolf ring, so they must be engaged or married.
~ False. Denzel is wearing Cloud's Cloudy Wolf ring on a chain around his neck. Furthermore, Barret is also wearing the same ring, so it can't symbolize a relationship between Cloud and Tifa.

Well, yes. The ring symbolize guilt.

Had fun drinking my favorite tea and typing it all down. xd;
Dedicated to the occasional Clerith lurkers.

And they say you cannot argue with the facts? ;)

EDIT; don't know what's wrong with the tags, don't aks meh. xd;

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's amazing how they keep saying 'it has been shown' when they really mean 'We fervently assert without evidence.'

I also like how they neglect to mention that the 'Cloud's room' in ACC and CoT is his OFFICE.

I'd grouse about the lows they've sunk to, but honestly, they've been at these lows for ages.
Naru, anyone?
Wacdonalds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom