So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
But do you have what he says? I can't find it on youtube and I want to be able to show that to them because chances are they haven't seen Distance and they just look at that one quote.

Quex, my point is that you SHOULD HOLD THAT AGAINST THEM. They're either deliberately misquoting or have never watched what they are purporting to be an expert on. That's intellectual dishonesty either way, and you SHOULD hold it against them.

Then you should slam them with SoS's link.
For the record 'their consciousnesses are still with us' is at 25:20 and Nojima's addition is shortly thereafter. The 'Cloud's smile at the end of the script' from Uematsu on 'Cloud Smiles' starts at 29:10.
But seriously, watch the whole damn thing. Among other things, it has Nomura say that Cloud has lost everything before and is afraid of losing everything again, and that the happier he becomes, the lonelier he feels. That's the sequence starting at ~22:40.
Seriously, rewatching Distance, it strikes me just how goddamn intellectually dishonest with it they are.
The MAJORITY of it disproves shit they hold as gospel, so that all gets ignored for the one bit they see as ZOMFG romantic.

And Mako, I agree, but we do have to generally, if only nominally, enforce on topicness. Crack dissidia pairings can go into the crack theory thread, if needed.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
What's your point?
Were you talking to me? -bitch plz-

and how she didn't like Kuja because men shouldn't be prettier than girls. LOL

Also she thinks Cloud is boring. I lol'd at that. XD

I think Kuja is hawt, I don't care what anyone says. Though, I seem to like quite a handful of girly men. . . I'm not really sure if Leo is male or not yet. :awesome: He's(kuja) also badass. :monster: 'Nelo is on the right track with Cloud though, one of the most boring characters EVER.

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
On a pleasant note. With geoshitties now done we don't have to worry about youtards linking to some of those horrible clerith websites anymore.

Edit: BTW where is our Aerith bashing thread? I couldn't seem to find it.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Penelo really doesn't have any room to talk regarding characters being boring. LOL irony.

And thank you Vendel, you always know how to look towards the silver lining of a bleak cloud. At least some good can come from Geocities going under.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
We have an Aerith bashing thread? Funny how I missed it. You know, being the most Aerith hating ebil CloTi evar.

Seriously, where does this come from and how hard should I facepalm?

Vendel

Banned
We have an Aerith bashing thread? Funny how I missed it. You know, being the most Aerith hating ebil CloTi evar.

Seriously, where does this come from and how hard should I facepalm?

Well, I just assumed we had one. Is it in a hidden section? C'mon you can tell me.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Is there some crazy Clerith whining about us having an Aerith bashing thread again? :facepalm:

Isabella

Your Mom
If acknowledging that Aerith is not an all-knowing, flawless goddess = bashing, then it's time to admit you're too emotionally involved to analyze the story with any objectivity.

And for the record, that goes for Tifa as well.

Aerith sure has become the vehicle for so many girls' imaginations/fantasies. I find it interesting. I wonder if it's because she's so forthright, whereas a lot of girls of a certain age are shy?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well you mean ole clotis are saying Aerith is mistaken in CoLW.

How dare you.

Well, it's either that or she's not referring to Cloud literally when she says he the lover, but listing it as a thing he symbolizes, because at no point in their two weeks together could you say they became lovers or actually had a romantic relationship, because Cloud was entirely oblivious the entire time.

If acknowledging that Aerith is not an all-knowing, flawless goddess = bashing, then it's time to admit you're too emotionally involved to analyze the story with any objectivity.

Sadly, I think that takes out most of the people willing to 'debate', and plenty who are too cowardly but want to pretend they're not.

And for the record, that goes for Tifa as well.

Both in the defense and attack thereof.

Aerith sure has become the vehicle for so many girls' imaginations/fantasies. I find it interesting. I wonder if it's because she's so forthright, whereas a lot of girls of a certain age are shy?

Some of that, and also some of the 'she's pretty without being 'the pretty girl' which I bet a lot of those girls hate, as evidenced by their irrational hatred of Tifa.

Speaking of irrational Tifa hate, can I ask who, if anyone here has said 'Tifa is clingy and that's okay', because a certain incredibly irrational hater of Tifa has recently said 'certain Clotis' have said this, and then gone into a diatribe about how clingy and naggy Tifa is- despite, you know, the creators saying they made damn sure she wouldn't come off that way- and comparing as worse than a 'fiancee' the person in question 'can't get away from for a few minutes', the latter being 'overly affectionate', but Tifa being evil and clingy and always shoving herself into Cloud and Aerith's TWU WUB moments!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I'm really getting tired of the fake Cloti nonsense. Fake Japanese people, fake Cleriths.. fake Clotis
ENOUGH ALL READY!

Now Distance, let's see

Nojima said:
I recently had a child...

...uh... okay assuming it means it was the wife... let's move on

Nojima said:
and felt that my bloodline is being carried on. But my grandmother passed away shortly after and it made me feel human. When a life disappears, a new one is reborn. I don't just meet people, I'm part of a flow that leads me to meet certain people. Life is more interesting when you think of it that way.

Yeah that's not nearly as straight forward as I wanted it to be :(

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Don't make me hit you.

And two sources saying that Cloud was happy with Tifa:
happycloud.jpg

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I love how Quexinos loves repeatedly saying stuff we already know as if it's new and noteworthy.
Fine I won't say anything anymore... and then when I finally have the proof that CxT is canon 100%, you guys won't hear about it :awesome:

Anyways, I finally got around to updating SoS's LT analysis FAQ with the current revisions he added. But..there's a point in it that I disagree with him on, that I want to bring to his attention before I add that portion first.
I wonder if the Cleriths are going to break apart this one too, isn't it like 36 pages now?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fine I won't say anything anymore... and then when I finally have the proof that CxT is canon 100%, you guys won't hear about it :awesome:

It already exists, wtf are you talking about? :monster:

I wonder if the Cleriths are going to break apart this one too, isn't it like 36 pages now?

Probably. But there's one thing I did notice that I'm not too sure about in terms of what he says. At least, I want him to be aware of it, before putting it up, really.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Which section is that, Mako? If you don't want to post it here, PM it to me, I'm curious.

Y'know, there's one quote he has up there that might not say what he thinks it does. I very well could, but the 'we decided to expand on the story with Cloud' could mean they decided to expand on Cloud's story rather than expand on the story by putting Cloud in. However, I don't have the KH ultimania or the original handy.
Then again, I wouldn't trust the page that quote comes from saying the sky was blue without confirming it for myself, either.

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
Mako said:
Anyways, I finally got around to updating SoS's LT analysis FAQ with the current revisions he added.
EDIT PLS. Ya gotta replace, not just insert, or you get repetition.

Quex said:
Fine I won't say anything anymore... and then when I finally have the proof that CxT is canon 100%, you guys won't hear about it
We already have that. You realize the stubborn folks who refuse to acknowledge C/T are in a relationship are a small minority of this fandom, right? By repeatedly talking about them and debating them, we're giving them more influence than they warrant. Just because not everyone accepts a conclusion, it doesn't make that conclusion invalid. People deny the Holocaust, but that doesn't make it any less significant.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Hmm, it doesn't mention the Kingdom Hearts Light color information or the Ehrgeiz silliness to counter the ISS silliness.

Ah well.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
We already have that. You realize the stubborn folks who refuse to acknowledge C/T are in a relationship are a small minority of this fandom, right? By repeatedly talking about them and debating them, we're giving them more influence than they warrant. Just because not everyone accepts a conclusion, it doesn't make that conclusion invalid. People deny the Holocaust, but that doesn't make it any less significant.

I have to object to this comparison. Holocaust denial and Cloti denial are entirely different things. It's one thing to deny the Holocaust happened, denying Cloud and Tifa are in a relationship is something entirely different. That's just a really inappropriate comparison.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Hmm, it doesn't mention the Kingdom Hearts Light color information or the Ehrgeiz silliness to counter the ISS silliness.

Ah well.

Yeah, I wanted to clarify something really quick about the KH2 Tifa being real/non-real first. I'll go and edit it in once I hear back from him :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
ATM, It can't be determined if she's more than just the embodiment of his light, but it cannot be said that is all she is, since she can be seen loitering in HB/RG, and IIRC, Aerith makes reference to her at one point when they're loitering on the same map screen together.

Isabella

Your Mom
I have to object to this comparison. Holocaust denial and Cloti denial are entirely different things. It's one thing to deny the Holocaust happened, denying Cloud and Tifa are in a relationship is something entirely different. That's just a really inappropriate comparison.

I stand by the comparison, not because they are in any way related but because the psychology at work is similar. Of course I'm not putting a video game pairing on par with genocide; that's laughable. But perhaps I could have chosen a less sensitive example. If it makes you feel better, substitute the Holocaust with evolution denial?

What's going on here is people are denying something based not on evidence but because it goes against what they want to believe.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I've asked for the Nojima granmda quote in the past, and again the other day. No one had it, so I found it and I posted it so that other people could use it if needed. I've seen other people ask for it and it was never posted. That's all I was doing. I know it's not new, I know CxT is canon, and I know there's only a minority of people who think C x T aren't canon, but I want something to prove to THEM that it's canon. Not that I really think the higher ups will budge on the issue, it's just nice to have something to show to some less unsuspecting. I've seen it happen twice now.. three times with Drake so... meh...

I stand by the comparison, not because they are in any way related but because the psychology at work is similar. Of course I'm not putting a video game pairing on par with genocide; that's laughable.
OMFG PINK NAZIS :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom