So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Speaking as the gender for which her sex appeal is intended, it's not overrated.

Neither is Aerith's of course.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Speaking as the gender for which her sex appeal is intended, it's not overrated.

Neither is Aerith's of course.
But she's not like "HOLY SHIT EVERY TIME I LOOK AT HER I WANT TO TAP THAT ASS!" She has big boobs and a short skirt, whoopee.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Ooh, thanks for the links. :monster: Tifa in rank with Lady...hellz yeah.

I haven't even touched on the subject of her sex appeal yet. :awesome: Character-wise, Tifa is already awesome... then add in her sex appeal... :wacky:

Sometimes things that get overrated are things that are actually good enough to get over-ratings. Like... Final Fantasy VII. :awesome: Tifa's sex appeal is no exception.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Aerith is Pure, Beautiful, Special and Perfect. Tifa? She is the opposite of that.

Except Tifa is probably the most selfless Final Fantasy character I can think of. She is always thinking about others first and I don't recall any action of hers throughout the compilation that has been an exception. Even when feeling threatened by Aerith's growing relationship with Cloud she basically steps aside.

Aerith is selfish and self-centred in comparison. Hence why she continued to hit on Cloud even though she could tell Tifa had feelings for him.

Of course, they're both lovely characters but I hate seeing either of their personalities moulded out of shape like that.

Speaking as the gender for which her sex appeal is not intended, it's not overrated.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I actually think that Aerith's character holds more flaws than Tifa's character. If you think about it, all Tifa's ever done is kept her feelings inside, and lied for Cloud's sake. That doesn't make lying RIGHT, but it's actually logical thinking, considering how fragile Cloud's mind is. I'd be worried to find the whole truth myself, or to make Cloud even worse.

Aerith like Raq said flirts willingly with a guy she knows her best friend is head over heels for. She's very focused on herself and Cloud. Not saying she doesn't think about anyone else, of course. I really think Aerith is lonely, and wants the love she used to have back.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Aerith like Raq said flirts willingly with a guy she knows her best friend is head over heels for. She's very focused on herself and Cloud. Not saying she doesn't think about anyone else, of course. I really think Aerith is lonely, and wants the love she used to have back.
Reminds me somewhat of Rinoa, except Aerith is much too awesome to compare to her.

Except Tifa is probably the most selfless Final Fantasy character I can think of.
Which is why I cringe at people who say that Aerith is more selfless than Tifa, when it's exactly the opposite. I'm not saying Aerith is completely selfish, but she's more self-centered than Tifa could ever hope to be. If it comes to questioning who is nicer than whom, Tifa would definitely be the nicer one. Yes, Aerith did die for the Planet and all that jazz, but it wasn't like she did it to be nice. I was thinking Tifa would probably jump on Sephiroth's sword (innuendo not intended) to save a kitten, but that's probably just me exaggerating. Though she'd probably do it on for Cloud... :awesome:

Aerith is selfish and self-centred in comparison. Hence why she continued to hit on Cloud even though she could tell Tifa had feelings for him.
I love Aerith for it, really. :wacky: It makes her so much more interesting as a character. I mean, you'd think an innocent looking girl like her would be more subdued and shy, but she just comes right out with her blunt statements and straightforwardness. It's really awesome. :awesome:

It's probably the healer stereotype that makes everyone think Aerith is the Holiest of Holy in FFVII. I like Aerith for her spunk, thank you, not her goddess attributes. >_>

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yeah! She's like a balanced version of Rinoa. Rinoa was just a plain spoiled brat full of flaws and nothing else. Aerith is understandable and not faulted for the things she does for the right reasons.

That reminds me, rapids keep saying Tifa was a spoiled brat because she had friends and her Dad was the mayor. When did she ever ACT like one, though?

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
I think the general conclusion is that fangirls should not be allowed to have a choice in anything.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think the general conclusion is that fangirls should not be allowed to have a choice in anything.

Especially when they have a vested interest in acting out their fantasy romance through their idealized (and highly skewed) favorite character, right? :awesome:

Isabella

Your Mom

Either that or the elitist bastards instaban anyone with Clerith tendencies.

:monster:

But changing the subject, I thought I'd throw this out there. I know a lot of people think that at the end of Reminiscence, when Cloud tells Tifa to close the shop, it's because he wants to have that AVALANCHE get-together in which the picture is taken. I've believed it wasn't that, but rather that he wanted to spend some time with just the family. From an analytical perspective, it's an answer to Tifa's desire in CoT for them to spend more quality time together. It shows that the new, improved Cloud is on the same page.

Now, can we agree he picked the flowers seen on his desk while standing in the field he was in while on the phone? Well if he brought those flowers home and placed them on his desk then the picture was already there. So either it was a family-only gathering they were planning, or those flowers have one hell of a shelf-life. They stayed fresh through them taking the picture, getting it developed, getting it framed, etc.

Meaningless, probably, but we need some kinda new discussion in here. :awesome:

Vendel

Banned
But changing the subject, I thought I'd throw this out there. I know a lot of people think that at the end of Reminiscence, when Cloud tells Tifa to close the shop, it's because he wants to have that AVALANCHE get-together in which the picture is taken.

I don't know why. I never even saw that until I ventured into the land of pink. Why would it makes sense for them to take a group pic at some later (not shown) undetermined date when they were all in edge right after the battle?

I've believed it wasn't that, but rather that he wanted to spend some time with just the family. From an analytical perspective, it's an answer to Tifa's desire in CoT for them to spend more quality time together. It shows that the new, improved Cloud is on the same page.

I think you hit on the point. If Cloud wants to close the bar for a group get together then it isn't about him wanting to spend more time with his family. Or more bluntly... Tifa.

Isabella

Your Mom
I don't know why. I never even saw that until I ventured into the land of pink. Why would it makes sense for them to take a group pic at some later (not shown) undetermined date when they were all in edge right after the battle?
It's not just cleriths though. I've seen clotis interpret it the same way.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
To be honest, I've never understood the idea that he spent hours and hours in those flowerfields. I say this mostly because someone argued that if he wanted to see Tifa, why did he spend all that time in the fields when... there is little to no proof that he did. :\

I Love This Debate

I love this discussion. If only Jane Austen were still with us to write the love triangle story!! Let us all beg Square Enix to never, never be any more definitive than they have been already. It would suck so much of the passion and fun out of the FFVII universe if we had the facts laid out for us on the table.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Let us consider the logic of this picture, in which all the AVALANCHE members are seen before 7th heaven. Now, we know of a single point in time where AVALANCHE was in Edge at once between FF7 and DoC. And that's AC. So, it makes the most sense that this photo was taken then, and not at some other date.

Now let's consider the logic of the get together. If the idea was for everyone to get together the next day, why would Barrett have had Cloud take a present home to Marlene for him instead of taking it home himself and giving it to her the very next day?

The logic, it does not follow.

Then there's the idea of the flowers staying fresh on the desk for the 48 hrs minimum between being picked and that photo being set on the desk, assuming the get together was the day after, the roll was dropped off immediately after the gathering and picked up at a 24 hr photo place, and framed immediately thereafter.
In short, no.

To sum up, it is in all ways more parsimonious to conclude that the photo was taken post battle, and the day off was a family day with Tifa and the kids, and no other member of AVALANCHE, especially not Barret, who specifically excluded himself, AGAIN, by asking Cloud to take the gift to Marlene in his stead.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yay we have another Clerith vote!! C'mon, don't be shy! You came to vote! Post while you're at it :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I'm sure I saw that party thing from C/T fans first, while the C/A argument was just that he wanted to take the day off himself.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
I'm sure I saw that party thing from C/T fans first, while the C/A argument was just that he wanted to take the day off himself.
Which, yanno, makes no fucking sense why he'd ask Tifa to close down the bar if he's just gonna go off again. What, did he want her sitting around anticipating his return and feeling lonely while he was like "FUCK YOU I'M HAVING SPIRIT SEX!"?

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
To sum up, it is in all ways more parsimonious to conclude that the photo was taken post battle, and the day off was a family day with Tifa and the kids, and no other member of AVALANCHE, especially not Barret, who specifically excluded himself, AGAIN, by asking Cloud to take the gift to Marlene in his stead.

This nails it. Clearly it's not an AVALANCHE get together or Barret would have brought the gift to Marlene himself.

Isabella

Your Mom
To be honest, I've never understood the idea that he spent hours and hours in those flowerfields. I say this mostly because someone argued that if he wanted to see Tifa, why did he spend all that time in the fields when... there is little to no proof that he did. :\

We had this conversation with angelalex at TNC. The time of day of the Tifa phone call is the same time of day that we see him driving away from the scene in the credits. So logic says he just stopped for a few minutes to pick a flower or two, maybe snap a photo or two and take her phone call, then drive on.

And I'm embarrassed that I ever looked into it that closely. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom