So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendel

Banned
@Vendel: I'm looking more at ACC I guess. You're right; there is a lot that's romantic about the lead-up to their getting together.

But surely that doesn't compare with Cloud exploding in his pants every time he sees/senses Aerith in ACC. I mean he is enraptured by her presence......

Isabella

Your Mom
But surely that doesn't compare with Cloud exploding in his pants every time he sees/senses Aerith in ACC. I mean he is enraptured by her presence......
I wonder if the person who uses that language even realizes how tainted her perspective is. To her, it's obvious that Cloud is kissing the rain and is enraptured by the vision of Aerith. Does she even realize that she's inserting all that into the scene?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I'm not sure what the objection is to Drake's post, unless he's saying both are canon. If we're speaking hypothetically about what each pairing represents, I'd say he hit pretty close to the mark.

In my highly unscientific observations :awesome:, it seems the more logical, pragmatic folks prefer Cloti and the more fanciful romantics prefer Clerith, generally speaking.

Also, arguing for a pairing doesn't necessarily mean you prefer them. I find Cloti a little dull, tbh. I tend to like sentimental, romantic stuff (yes, it's true) so I might prefer Clerith if it were actually developed, but there's really not much there. The shadow of Zack looms over everything.

Most of what you just said is what I based my statement on, so thank you for "getting it". :monster:

I'd say pass that blunt over, Drake. You only need to puff twice. Don't hog.

Bite my glorious golden ass, Mako.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I think the real question here is does she dazzle him?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
It just doesn't seem like a word she would use... that's all.. it's... I dunno it's an odd thing to say I guess :monster:

Vendel

Banned
Another thing. Cloud and Tifa's post hookup relationship may not be "fantasy". But many fantasy stories end with "happily ever after" or maybe just a declaration of love. How many times are you really shown the actual living together?

But how was Cloud and Aeriths hypothetical hookup "fantasy"? She was projecting her feelings for her dead boyfriend on him and he was a headcase. Who so happens to have quite the past with the other girl (and future BTW).

Whereas C/T had a childhood promise. Hidden feelings on both sides. They became separated by years and tragic circumstances. Cloud lost his self. Tifa finds him and literally enters his mind and helps him piece it back together. And they declare their feelings for each other on the eve of the final battle to decide the fate of the planet. SOUNDS LIKE FANTASY TO ME.

Isabella

Your Mom
But how was Cloud and Aeriths hypothetical hookup "fantasy"? She was projecting her feelings for her dead boyfriend on him and he was a headcase. Who so happens to have quite the past with the other girl (and future BTW).

Not from their perspective. She was totally over her womanizing boyfriend, he was himself with just a couple of missing memories, he was so bullied as a child by the girl with big boobies that he was anti-social until her extra-special pink specialness opened him up, etc.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Whereas C/T had a childhood promise. Hidden feelings on both sides. They became separated by years and tragic circumstances. Cloud lost his self. Tifa finds him and literally enters his mind and helps him piece it back together. And they declare their feelings for each other on the eve of the final battle to decide the fate of the planet. SOUNDS LIKE FANTASY TO ME.

THAT sounds like fantasy to you? What kind of boring life do you lead? Shit like that happens to me all the time.

Now, girls coming onto me for a revenge lay on their ex, that's magical.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I'm happy to say I was not.

Honestly I agree with Vendel. Cloti obviously has elements of fantasy in it, just like Clerith. Can't help it that its not "OMG TRU LUV WITH PRINCESSES AN' SHIT"

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Well, see, anyone could live together and raise children. But not just anyone would stop to chat in a park. That's on a whole other level.
Because a chat in a park where the ENTIRE duration of it consists of her talking about her ex is the ultimate sign of mutual attraction :)
...and I'm not even exaggerating when I say entire duration.

hey let's stop here
you're like my ex
oooh Tifa!

end scene.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I didn't even bother to read those sections. If you're going to be such a prick towards for me for no real reason (ie, WTF did I do?), I can take a guess as to what's in them. You probably took an hour sifting through my post history, quoting some obscure post I made when I first joined that makes me sound like a close-minded Clerith bigot, nevermind I've said so many times my views on the LTD have changed.

So thanks but no thanks, since you're probably just trying to bait me into a flamewar I'm not biting. I don't know exactly what you quoted me on but given your attitude it's probably something I wouldn't care to read.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm not sure what the objection is to Drake's post, unless he's saying both are canon. If we're speaking hypothetically about what each pairing represents, I'd say he hit pretty close to the mark.

In my highly unscientific observations :awesome:, it seems the more logical, pragmatic folks prefer Cloti and the more fanciful romantics prefer Clerith, generally speaking.

Also, arguing for a pairing doesn't necessarily mean you prefer them. I find Cloti a little dull, tbh. I tend to like sentimental, romantic stuff (yes, it's true) so I might prefer Clerith if it were actually developed, but there's really not much there. The shadow of Zack looms over everything.

I concur with your observations. I also prefer the sentimental, highly romantic kind of relationships, but appreciate the presence of a realistic one in a fantasy story perhaps even more -- probably because of it.

We all need balance.

I think the real question here is does she dazzle him?

There's a lot of people in the running for winning the Internet posting in this thread.

Let us take a step back and look upon earlier works by one of our valued members.

If there's a constructive purpose behind this, I'm waiting with baited breath for it.

And confusion.

Really, any of us who have been posting for a good long while have said things we've later withdrawn or changed our minds about.

Hell, I know I have.

Let's not go there for no reason.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
If there's a constructive purpose behind this, I'm waiting with baited breath for it.

And confusion.

Really, any of us who have been posting for a good long while have said things we've later withdrawn or changed our minds about.

Hell, I know I have.

Let's not go there for no reason.

And considering I've explicitly stated "I've changed my mind about the LTD", I imagine it's, as I said, something meant to act as Flamebait. I will answer one question you asked though, Vendel.

Do you remember this from Jun 10 2008?
I can barely remember what I did Nov 10 2009. My memory is shot, I don't remember details that fine if they were more than a month ago.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Let's all be nice here folks. If we're gonna try to make a joke, remember to be sensitive to the feelings of the person as well.

Now for a more serious question. Let's say that Cloud wanted to settle his feelings regarding these two women once and for all, by having Tifa and Aerith fight to the death for his affection. Who would win? Aerith, or Tifa? No materia. Just their equipment and abilities.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Let's all be nice here folks. If we're gonna try to make a joke, remember to be sensitive to the feelings of the person as well.

Now for a more serious question. Let's say that Cloud wanted to settle his feelings regarding these two women once and for all, by having Tifa and Aerith fight to the death for his affection. Who would win? Aerith, or Tifa? No materia. Just their equipment and abilities.

Aerith. Don't get me wrong, Tifa is an awesome physical fighter, but in direct one-on-one combat with Aerith, all Tifa would do is charge Aerith's Limit Break up until Aerith breaks out Great Gospel and heals herself and makes herself invincible. Then she can beat Tifa up with her staff, and when Great Gospel's invincibility wears off she can just use it again. And yeah, sooner or later Tifa's Limit would charge too, but likely at that point Aerith is invincible, and since the Fight command is replaced by Limit, Tifa would have no choice but to user her Limit Breaks on Aerith to no effect.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Aerith. Don't get me wrong, Tifa is an awesome physical fighter, but in direct one-on-one combat with Aerith, all Tifa would do is charge Aerith's Limit Break up until Aerith breaks out Great Gospel and heals herself and makes herself invincible. Then she can beat Tifa up with her staff, and when Great Gospel's invincibility wears off she can just use it again. And yeah, sooner or later Tifa's Limit would charge too, but likely at that point Aerith is invincible, and since the Fight command is replaced by Limit, Tifa would have no choice but to user her Limit Breaks on Aerith to no effect.

...Or Tifa just beats her up since Aerith's physical damage output is crap and it ends before either of them get a limit break. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
...Or Tifa just beats her up since Aerith's physical damage output is crap and it ends before either of them get a limit break. :monster:

This assumes Tifa is strong enough without any Materia or stat boosts to kill Aerith before she Limit Breaks. Remember, higher damage attacks just charge the Limit Meter faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom