So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Username

Banned
No. No it is not.
Let us say Aerith lives. What sets her above the girl Cloud has had a crush on since the age of 8 or younger? What indicates Cloud WOULD HAVE gone after her?

Cloud was loosing/not interested in Tifa during FF7, this was after all the past he had had with her, he went on a one-off date with Aerith, serious or not, it shows he was not really showing interest in tifa.

Cloud showed more interest in Aerith throughout his time with her, regardless if Aerith saw Zack in Cloud, i believe cloud was begginning to bond with her more than just a friend, he hardly knew her yet went on a date and put her ahead of tifa as far as conversations/jokes/etc, If she had lived and this had carried on, it is sure that something COULD of emerged, and i base this on the fact that he showed more interest in Aerith over Tifa.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Cloud was loosing/not interested in Tifa during FF7,

Despite his later admission that 'nothing's changed' from his childhood, eh?

this was after all the past he had had with her, he went on a one-off date with Aerith, serious or not, it shows he was not really showing interest in tifa.

So, because AERITH forced Cloud into a date, he's more interested?

Cloud showed more interest in Aerith throughout his time with her, regardless if Aerith saw Zack in Cloud, i believe cloud was begginning to bond with her more than just a friend, he hardly knew her yet went on a date and put her ahead of tifa as far as conversations/jokes/etc,

Which is why Cloud keeps singling Tifa out, she's everywhere in his subconscious, and Aerith is nary anywhere, right?

If she had lived and this had carried on, it is sure that something COULD of emerged, and i base this on the fact that he showed more interest in Aerith over Tifa.

'More interest' as defined by a date she made him go on, and various other player controlled scenarios, which can also go in Tifa's direction.

Username

Banned
You realize that who he showed more interest in is controlled by the player, right?

I'm not really basing my opinion on the date scenario, that was all a joke, it just seems in the case of defending cloudxtifa, the date thing is usually used.

Despite his later admission that 'nothing's changed' from his childhood, eh?

Well its not to say that he still didn't fancy Tifa, he proberly did still feel for her, but she wasn't showing any sign and Aerith was a new girl thrown into the mix which took his attention away from tifa.

So, because AERITH forced Cloud into a date, he's more interested?

Not at all, like i have said in this post, the whole date thing was a bit of a joke and a laugh, but it does go towards the whole cloud/aeris thing, as small as it is, say if they were together, the date scene would fit as an example of progressive bonding.

Which is why Cloud keeps singling Tifa out, she's everywhere in his subconscious, and Aerith is nary anywhere, right?

She would be, he has known her for so long and still likes her, Aerith on the other hand, is new to Cloud, but is also considered a very good friend, in my view, for the time Cloud knew Aeris, he had bonded with her very quickly, we will never know if it was like this between himself and Tifa back then, but if not, then it goes towards saying there was something emerging.

'More interest' as defined by a date she made him go on, and various other player controlled scenarios, which can also go in Tifa's direction.

The controlled thing which the player decides is 50/50 so really it dosen't matter.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
User Lame lolololol

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm not really basing my opinion on the date scenario, that was all a joke, it just seems in the case of defending cloudxtifa, the date thing is usually used.

Only after a lot of other examples.

Well its not to say that he still didn't fancy Tifa, he proberly did still feel for her, but she wasn't showing any sign and Aerith was a new girl thrown into the mix which took his attention away from tifa.

Did she really? The first thing on Cloud's mind meeting Aerith is getting back to Tifa. He stays at her house only under protest and sneaks out, again, to get back to Tifa. The end of their 'you call it a date' in the park was marked by Cloud noticing Tifa.
Upon learning Aerith is in danger of Sephiroth, Cloud's first reaction is not to rush after, but instead not to want to come along, it taking Tifa's words to get him to come along. He liked Aerith, but not to the exclusion of Tifa.

Not at all, like i have said in this post, the whole date thing was a bit of a joke and a laugh, but it does go towards the whole cloud/aeris thing, as small as it is, say if they were together, the date scene would fit as an example of progressive bonding.

If any progress happened on the date, maybe.

She would be, he has known her for so long and still likes her, Aerith on the other hand, is new to Cloud, but is also considered a very good friend, in my view, for the time Cloud knew Aeris, he had bonded with her very quickly, we will never know if it was like this between himself and Tifa back then, but if not, then it goes towards saying there was something emerging.

But EVERYONE bonded with Aerith quickly! CID bonded with her quickly!

The controlled thing which the player decides is 50/50 so really it dosen't matter.

But pretty much everything that could support the C/A is the optional. Most all the C/T positives are not optional.

Just like Tifa forced him into their childhood promise.:monster:

A promise he has etched into his memory and is obsessive about, and holds as his dear and precious memory. Quite different from 'Her actions show his interest.'

Sunstrider

Lesbian Aerith
AKA
Tess, Leaute
A promise he has etched into his memory and is obsessive about, and holds as his dear and precious memory. Quite different from 'Her actions show his interest.'

Probably. I just think it's wrong when anyone goes on about how Tifa FORCED the promise onto Cloud. Or Aerith FORCED the date on Cloud. He obsessed about the promise, which shows that it wasn't just mean old Tifa bullying him, and he also wasn't repulsed by the idea of going on a date with Aerith. I'm not saying that he was totally into her at that point, but the notion that she forced it on him is as silly to me as the notion that Tifa bullied him into making a promise to her.

There's a kinky pattern forming here.

Cloud's a bottom?

Username

Banned
Only after a lot of other examples.

There are not many examples, only those ones which you would expect since he has known her for so long and has fancied her and all.

Did she really? The first thing on Cloud's mind meeting Aerith is getting back to Tifa. He stays at her house only under protest and sneaks out, again, to get back to Tifa. The end of their 'you call it a date' in the park was marked by Cloud noticing Tifa. Upon learning Aerith is in danger of Sephiroth, Cloud's first reaction is not to rush after, but instead not to want to come along, it taking Tifa's words to get him to come along. He liked Aerith, but not to the exclusion of Tifa.

So are you saying he didn't want to go because of Aerith? because even if he was her friend he would of gone, so there must of been another reason for him not to be so keen as to go. The fact of being killed and not able to be with Tifa being one reason, equally you could argue that he didn't because Tifa might get jealous, its all guess.

If any progress happened on the date, maybe.

And it didn't so there is no evidence, but he woulden't of done it with anyone else, so that a least goes towards something.

But EVERYONE bonded with Aerith quickly! CID bonded with her quickly!.

lol true, but cid didn't have as many convos or one to one's with her, cloud being the main character could be an excuse for this though.

But pretty much everything that could support the C/A is the optional. Most all the C/T positives are not optional.!

I know i keep saying this, but you would expect this since they have known each other for a long time, ofcourse cloud and tifa will be more close.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I just want to know how that logic works in their minds. "Let's see, Tifa's significant roles in AC are that of a mother figure to the children, an ally to her friends, and the object of a no-longer-applicable crush."

He kissed the rain, obviously.

The difference is they don't think it's talking about her roles in the MOVIE because she's not a new character. Also something about... something in one of the clauses meaning "This up to a certain point of time" or something... but it only applies to ally in battle and despite a native Japanese resident telling them that, they still think otherwise.

and I guess if you don't think it refers to the movie... then you would have to look elsewhere to find the meaning.

Isabella

Your Mom
The difference is they don't think it's talking about her roles in the MOVIE because she's not a new character.
Even if it's referring to ongoing roles, why would her status as the object of a crush be important enough to mention alongside the other roles? They make no other mention of these crushes anywhere else in the book.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Even if it's referring to ongoing roles, why would her status as the object of a crush be important enough to mention alongside the other roles? They make no other mention of these crushes anywhere else in the book.

I think the point is it's supposed to be "Tifa is like a mother, she is loved by many and an ally in battle and stuff"

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
yeah they might have a case if... if only koibito could mean "loved by many" :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Tifa being a slut is open to interpretation, just like them being childhood friends and whether or not Cloud was happy with Tifa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom