So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendel

Banned
From my point of view, that means Aerith and Zack mean the same for Cloud. They both their close friends. Cloud does love them equally. Or is this scream Clack?:no:

have this ever been discuss? if not, i want a discuss.:lol:

The final scenes in ACC and the playback (among other things) make it perfectly clear that in Clouds mind Zack and Aerith are together. In the way he feels about them if not literally.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
The final scenes in ACC and the playback (among other things) make it perfectly clear that in Clouds mind Zack and Aerith are together. In the way he feels about them if not literally.
Oh no, don't you know? The buster sword means Angeal and Cloud knows this despite not being in SOLDIER. So really, he's shipping Zack/Angeal/Aerith. :awesome:

Vendel

Banned
Keeping in mind recent discussions. I just had a vision of C/T in bed pulling out the pink Ribbons and Black wigs. That way they can both "be" with the one they truly love.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Someone was trying to tie Cloud and Aerith's name together somehow... saying Aerith was latin for lower atmosphere... or Cloud... and I did my own research and found out her name is a variant Eris or Ares.... you know?... Eris is:
http://www.behindthename.com/php/find.php?name=eris

... oh dear god... what have I done?

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
Someone was trying to tie Cloud and Aerith's name together somehow... saying Aerith was latin for lower atmosphere... or Cloud... and I did my own research and found out her name is a variant Eris or Ares.... you know?... Eris is:
http://www.behindthename.com/php/find.php?name=eris

... oh dear god... what have I done?

No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Abandon ship!!1!11!!

EDIT: After doing my own research it appears Tifa is Aramaic for "the one boned by Cloud".

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
"If we get her name wrong, insist it's her name, and then get her name wrong again, we find two gods responsible for misery and destruction in greek mythos, but the female one is the goddess of strife! Let's ignore the ugly implications that has for materia jesus and rejoice that Aerith/Aeris/Eris is related to strife!"

And that's funny Vendel, since my research gives it as a Japanese name meaning 'The dark haired girl who scores the main character', which fits its use both in FF7 AND Gundam X.

Seriously, however, Tifa is short for Tiffany (and officially so, if I recall my dev trivia correctly), and that has its roots in Theophania, or "Revelation of God"

I'm sure we can work her being Aerith's revelation to Cloud in to this nonsense fest somehow. Quick, find absurd meaning in Yuffie! I must have the snark trifecta!

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
"If we get her name wrong, insist it's her name, and then get her name wrong again, we find two gods responsible for misery and destruction in greek mythos, but the female one is the goddess of strife! Let's ignore the ugly implications that has for materia jesus and rejoice that Aerith/Aeris/Eris is related to strife!"

And that's funny Vendel, since my research gives it as a Japanese name meaning 'The dark haired girl who scores the main character', which fits its use both in FF7 AND Gundam X.

Seriously, however, Tifa is short for Tiffany (and officially so, if I recall my dev trivia correctly), and that has its roots in Theophania, or "Revelation of God"

I'm sure we can work her being Aerith's revelation to Cloud in to this nonsense fest somehow. Quick, find absurd meaning in Yuffie! I must have the snark trifecta!

Yeah, I recall Tifa being short for Tiffany officially, too. I just can't see Tifa as a Tiffany though... It's not right, lol.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
If you guys ask me, the moment tifa won that vote, and I reminded everyone that tifa lives with Cloud and discuss his issues in AC till he moved on, this thread's already the closest thing to a spam thread in any forum.

Vendel

Banned
You know all the (pink) assertions about Tifa only revolving around Cloud? And how that makes her (insert derogatory term here)?

But with every new keyword translation that comes out I have to ask. Did Aerith do anything that wasn't in someway directly related to Zack?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Aerith's name is an anagram of "I, earth." That was the connection mentioned in the developmental materials of the Final Fantasy VII Kaitai Shinsho. I, Earth. Earth. None of this Greek shit. I love how these fans and shit look for connections where none exist.

But then again these are rabid Cleriths. They're only doing what they know.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Dude, do not say Aeris/Aerith is Eris. Eris is the goddess of being a mothafucking bitch. She makes everyone's lives miserable and basically started the Trojan war with her whole little golden apple bullshit. I mean, really.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The fact they would try to pin such a nonsensical and out of character allusion to Aerith, just for the sake of connecting her to Cloud speaks volumes of the rabid Clerith agenda and their mental state. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
The Trojan War was actually an argument between her and Cloud about whether he should use a condom. Rly.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
That is a beautiful, poetic way of expressing her hatred for Tifa. I must see this cool story... bro.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Someone was trying to tie Cloud and Aerith's name together somehow... saying Aerith was latin for lower atmosphere... or Cloud... and I did my own research and found out her name is a variant Eris or Ares.... you know?... Eris is: http://www.behindthename.com/php/find.php?name=eris ... oh dear god... what have I done?

Aerith's name is an anagram of "I, earth." That was the connection mentioned in the developmental materials of the Final Fantasy VII Kaitai Shinsho. I, Earth. Earth. None of this Greek shit.

Mako was close. This is what the Kaitai Shinsho says on pg. 14:
ネ―ミングの由来
EARTH (大地)」の読みかたを変えて命名

"Source of naming
Designated a transliteration of the reading of 'earth' (ground)"

(Translator's note: It literally says "a change to the reading," but I went with "transliteration of" given that this is what it actually is. In the katakana used for her name, Aerith's name is spelled
エアリス (e-a-ri-su/th). Taken letter for letter, that's the word "earth" transliterated to Japanese.)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Ahh, okay. My mistake. Thanks for the clarification :monster:

No problem.

Also:

That's a claim that's been made for years by the owner of the Loveless site, but it's not true. She said that the Kaitai Shinsho says it, but it's nowhere in the damn book.

She also says that the book tells us that Johnny is the guy who wrote that letter to Tifa that Cloud can read during the Kalm flashback. Also not in the book.

I think "Tifaret" (an element of the Kabbalistic Sephiroth) is the most likely origin of Tifa's name. I mean, seriously, Seventh Heaven, Final Heaven, providing balance for Cloud? That can't be unrelated.

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
There was also Johnny being in SOLDIER, which I've never seen :monster:

In the katakana used for her name, Aerith's name is spelled エアリス (e-a-ri-su/th). Taken letter for letter, that's the word "earth" transliterated to Japanese.)
That is a change of reading, isn't it? :monster: Instead of the usual アース for 'earth', it's changed to read more like it looks. Maybe it's an explanation that works better for Japanese than English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom