So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I think Chibica translated it. I don't have the original Japanese or anything though.
I can't seem to find it on the forum but:
http://cloudandaerith.com/ClAeris_proof.html

meh
You can read the proof here. It points to Aerith. ^_^
Please take your time, you might not to be able to understand it all. But it's clear it's about Aeris. ^_^
(Isn't Aerith great? ^_^)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow...so a trivia entry that speaks about the different fortunes Cait Sith has given in the Compilation of FFVII is a statement of how correct they are? Awesome. Okay!

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Wow...so a trivia entry that speaks about the different fortunes Cait Sith has given in the Compilation of FFVII is a statement of how correct they are? Awesome. Okay!

No, this is what we're talking about:
Cait Sith ambushed in Gold Saucer and waited for Cloud's gang. He introduced himself that "I'm a fortuneteller here." But this is never an absolute lie, fortunetelling is Cait Sith's innate specialty. His extraordinary ability is shown as "tickets" in FF7, and is also revealed as surmises of destination in BC.

Which DOES seem to directly contradict what the Ultimania Omega says.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Oh, hey there, "Aerith starts to wear pink just because she likes it" people. :monster:

I should go shove that down a few throats, yes.

I was waiting for someone to actually look at the front page and pay attention to the updates. :awesome:

Hey, I noticed it, y'arsehole, as your MSN should show.

FYI, Aerith's ribbon is on the next page and will be next. Hold on to your butts. :monster:

"Aerith's ribbon, which has absolutely no connection to Zack, is..."

Cait Sith trumpets the Holy Word of Canon. OR, there's a red herring involved. Which could it be?

"I don't care if it's a false lead, it's the truth!"

Apparently his profile in the 10th Anniversary Ultimania says his fortune telling skills are extraordinary.

This is gonna be another our translators vs yours isn't it?

It might be. But I'd be willing to show my work if the profile can be provided- I'm away from my books presently.

Addendum: Taking a look at the actual phrase used, it means 'extraordinary or uncommon', so it's basically saying that Cait Sith's doing a rare thing. Not that's it's super special awesome correct.
It also doesn't say his predictions aren't a lie, it says that 'I'm a fortune teller here' is not an absolute lie, as he was built to be a fortune teller. It again says nothing to contradict the UO's statement on the veracity or lack thereof of his fortunes or his inability at fortune telling.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Thank you so much for that Ryu. I also asked hito to take a closer look at it as well, so we can hear everything about it, but I was already dubious of the claim he was correct in his predictions.

...And just to further drive home how bullshit that claim is, I think its about time Cait Sith's entire profile be done, how about everyone else? :awesmoe:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Dear god, was this translated by Babelfish?
Way back when I first started doing this stuff, someone said that about something I'd done. It never stops hurting D:

But that is pretty bad. There's a number of bits that get lost in translation here. I don't know if 'Dotty' means something in English that has eluded me all my dirty Westerner life, but I don't think that's what they meant when they said 'daté' (as in something that's just for show, like wearing 'daté glasses' for fashion and not medical reasons). Also, 'tekitou' sounds nothing like 'tickets', wtf.

占いマシーンの名はダテじゃない
ケット・シーの占い集
The name of my divination machine is not Dotty!
The collection of Cait Sith's fortunetelling.

The 'daté' thing mentioned above. I don't think the 'name' isn't about the actual name, but more 'the name' (as in that title/reputations/etc.) not just being a pretence.

『FFVII』でケット・シーは、クラウドたちをゴールドソーサーで待ち伏せし、「自分はここの占いマシーンだ」と自己紹介する。
Cait Sith ambushed in Gold Saucer and waited for Cloud's gang. He introduced himself that "I'm a fortuneteller here."

In "FFVII" Cait Sith lies in wait for Cloud and the others in the Gold Saucer, and introduces himself as the fortune-telling machine there.

(yeah, it's literally 'here', but Japanese uses direct quotes a lot and it really doesn't matter.)

これは真っ赤なウソというわけではなく、占いはもともとケット・シーの特技。
But this is never an absolute lie, fortunetelling is Cait Sith's innate specialty.

This isn't an outright lie; fortune-telling being originally a speciality of Cait Sith's.

『FFVII』ではテキトーなことも言うが、『BC』では目的地をピタリと当てるなど、並々ならぬ腕前を見せる。
His extraordinary ability is shown as "tickets" in FF7, and is also revealed as surmises of destination in BC.

Some of what he says in "FFVII" is nonsense, but he does show considerable skill such as in getting the destination exactly right in "BC".

ケット・シーの占い覧
『FFVII』
・セフィロスの居場所
>「求めれば必ず手に入ります。しかしもっとも大事なものを失います」
The location of Sephiroth: "What you pursue will be yours. But you will lose something dear."

・今後の展開(コレルプリズンにて)
>「なんもかんもバッチリですわ」
The development from now on: "Ordinary luck. It will be an active fortune."

Future developments (in Corel Prison). No point leaving out the name.

I don't know if that was what he said in the English game/cba looking for it.

・クラウドとエアリスの相性
>「おふたりの相性、ぴったりですわ! エアリスさんの星とクラウドさんの星! すてきな未来が約束されてます!」
The affinity between Cloud and Aerith: "You are perfect for each other! Aerith's star and Cloud's star! They show a great future!"

『BC』
・サポートマテリアのありか
・魔晄炉内の各所にある扉の方向
The place to find "Support Materia".
The direction to every door in the Reactor.

- Location of the Support Materia
- The direction to the doors in each part of the mako reactor

I'm just nitpicking now :awesome:

I cba typing any more, my hands are too cold :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I love google translator:

Cloud and Aerith, compatibility
"" Compatibility with both of you, I is perfect! Stars and stars of Ms. Cloud's Aerith! I have been promised a wonderful future! "
That's the second time it called Cloud a girl :monster:

But thanks Hito, good job translating there :D

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
But thanks Hito, good job twisting things there, you biased fucking bastard :D
I've got a reputation to consider here.

This 10thAU thing seems to use BC to highlight Cait Sith's skill (the only comment it gave about FFVII wasn't that favourable), but the Ultimania Omega wouldn't use any of that anyway. It's only concerned with the original FFVII, and not was amazing feats of divination he shows in other games. And his predictions in FFVII apparently weren't up to much.

I'm a master at tarot card reading, so I'm totally an expert in this stuff as well and y'all can trust me when I say that :awesome:

Edit;
Also, Cait Sith is the 'divination machine' (hence introducing himself as such). Of course his name isn't 'Dotty'. I'm really, honestly curious where that came from.

Fortune-telling machine is not the name of Date
Fortune-telling of the Sea Collection gasket

『FFVII』 gasket at sea, their Gorudososa ambushes in the cloud, "fortune-telling machine here is my" to introduce yourself to. So this is not fake red, fortune-telling is a specialty of the original gasket Sea. 『FFVII』 say that the text does token, 』and『 put BC on target destination, the grave loud show of skill.

Fortune-telling of the Sea 覧 gasket
『FFVII』
Sephiroth, whereabouts
"" Must have asked to enter the hand. But the most important things you lose "

Expand in the future, (at Korerupurizun)
"" That is also down pat dry and what "

Cloud and Aerith, compatibility
"" Compatibility with both of you, I is perfect! Stars and stars of Ms. Cloud's Aerith! I have been promised a wonderful future! "

『BC』
, Or in the Sapotomateria
Various points in the direction of the door, in the Mako Reactor

I like how the Cloud and Aerith one ends up being all about himself. I is perfect, I have been promised a wonderful future. And how it got 'mako reactor' and 'Aerith' right, there must have been some FFVII nerd there programming that (shame they didn't care about poor Sea Gasket). And 'grave loud show of skill'. That's almost poetic.

But it does show why you should never trust anyone who says "I used [some online translator] to help me" :monster:

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
On 'dotty' I think the idea might be 'My good name has no mark on it' since that's the only sense making phrase that my word filter parses 'my name is not dotty' into.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I think babel Fish has google beat Hito:

"As for name of the fortune-telling machine
fortune-telling collection of the ket sea which is not [date]

'With FFVII' the ket sea ambushes the cloud with the gold sourcer, “by his is the fortune-telling machine here”, that oneself it introduces. This not to be the case, deep-red lie, fortune-telling originally specialty of the ket sea.

'With FFVII' you call the beefsteak toe also thing, but ability is shown extraordinary e.g., 'with BC' destination is applied exactly. If fortune-telling viewing

'FFVII address of' of the ket sea [sehuirosu]
> “it seeks, be sure to enter into the hand. But the most important one is lost” Future

development (at [korerupurizun])
> “what the can being perfect, Good Heavens” Affinity of the cloud and the air lith
> “affinity of the cover [ri], exact Good Heavens! Star of air lith and star of cloud! Cute future being promised, it increases!”

Direction of the door which 'is BC' [sapotomateria]
and is the various parts inside the demon 晄 furnace"

The demon furnace :awesome:

『FFVII』ではテキトーなことも言うが、『BC』では目的地をピタリと当てるなど、並々ならぬ腕前を見せる。
His extraordinary ability is shown as "tickets" in FF7, and is also revealed as surmises of destination in BC.

Some of what he says in "FFVII" is nonsense, but he does show considerable skill such as in getting the destination exactly right in "BC".
This is like way different :shifty:

Is whatever was tickets supposed to be nonsense?

Last edited:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
...ja and do we all remember what Reeve's job is?
Hey there, head of Urban Development, how's it going?
Are we still wondering why he kept getting the locations right?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
...ja and do we all remember what Reeve's job is?
Hey there, head of Urban Development, how's it going?
Are we still wondering why he kept getting the locations right?

Except it wasn't Reeve. In the BC translations I've read, Reeve goes to a meeting and basically sets Cait Sith to auto-pilot and lets the Turk control it. So no, that was the Cait Sith robot itself finding the locations, not Reeve.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
What? OWD, Don't be silly. Cait Sith doesn't know things that reeve, his creator with a psychic link to him, knows. I mean, that wouldn't give us a rational explanation for why he can have knowledge important of locations of ShinRa installations, but not silly unimportant things like His, Aerith's, his, his, and his deaths.

I mean really. Two way transfer of information. Next you'll be telling me robots are ubiquitous across the planet.

Addendum: Even then, Drake, they do have a psychic link. Even when Cait's on auto, they can 'talk'.

Further addendum: HAH! Re: the new Crisis Core translations.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Meh they're just going to argue that it doesn't say she's wearing the same ribbon.

"Cait Sith couldn't have been talking about Cloud losing Aerith when he gave his prediction. He said Cloud would lose someTHING not someone. Aerith is not a thing, she's a person. They're confusing someone with something. So Aerith is not the most important thing to Cloud."

See what I did thar? :awesome: (I wouldn't really ever use that BTW :monster:)

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
The pink ribbon given to Aerith in Scene 04-09 as a ‘one day anniversary gift’. In “FFVII” and “BC” she wears the White Materia, a memento of her mother, with this ribbon. 'This ribbon' refers back to 'the pink ribbon given to Aerith in Scene...', so they'll argue, but they'll be kool-aid drinking morons if they do.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
No this ribbon could clearly be a new ribbon... :awesome:

sorry I totally misread that actually, my bad :monster:

Vendel

Banned
Meh they're just going to argue that it doesn't say she's wearing the same ribbon.

"Cait Sith couldn't have been talking about Cloud losing Aerith when he gave his prediction. He said Cloud would lose someTHING not someone. Aerith is not a thing, she's a person. They're confusing someone with something. So Aerith is not the most important thing to Cloud."

See what I did thar? :awesome: (I wouldn't really ever use that BTW :monster:)

But Cloud did lose something. His sanity.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
People do pick strange things to get worked up over. (I'm looking at you Raq)

Funny, because I was wondering why it is even an issue if they are holding hands. As far as I can tell their hands are touching regardless. Take from that what you will.

But edging more towards the current topic, why is it apparently significant if Aerith has a different ribbon, again? Is it just to insist she is no longer wearing Zack's present to her?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
It was that, yes, but that so as to prove that the ribbon was an obviously Clerith symbol, like they've desperately wanted it to be ever since at least the Destiny Fulfilled Site.

Vendel

Banned
But edging more towards the current topic, why is it apparently significant if Aerith has a different ribbon, again? Is it just to insist she is no longer wearing Zack's present to her?

Probably. Because the two biggest threats to a Clerith utopia are Zack and Tifa. So if they can make up something that shows Aerith distancing herself from him. Like lets say not wearing the ribbon he got her. Then sure they will do it.

And it's funny since the keyword has been translated stating that it is the very same ribbon I have seen a couple clerith types go "so, it was never a big deal". Really now? Then why argue over it so much? Why is the first thing on your Zack and Aerith essay about how the ribbon is different. And even if it is the same it means nothing. Followed by insisting her wearing pink means nothing of course.

In the same light I find it rather funny to see the conversations about Tifa and how she really loves Zack. Because that is what she wants Cloud to be. So for a Clerith. Zack and Aerith were not serious. Tifa really wants Zack. While Cloud and Aerith are forever spirit fucking in flower fields.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
So what other stupid Clerith arguments need to be shot down? It's fun releasing translations that take a kodiak, steel-toed work boot to their theories and points. :awesome:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Are they still on that 'She doesn't love Cloud for Cloud' shit?

Seriously, it's like I said to SoS. It's ALL about protecting the hypothesis so it doesn't shatter their worldview. They insist at all times that what they want MUST be so without evidence, deny evidence they don't like, and act like things that are very important to them aren't for the sake of their own feelings. In that regard, they're much like their heroine, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom