So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The hilarious thing about that song, is that it sounds just like some original opening songs for anime.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Picked up a supermarket tabloid recently? Do you think they got permission to write the stuff they do?

haha point taken :monster:
but again I was thinking of things from my standpoint and that's we were given text... I don't know where it came from. Coulda been anyone really.

The hilarious thing about that song, is that it sounds just like some original opening songs for anime.
I think that was the point.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I think, the point is that since that quote found no base in AC/C [in AC/C even more than in AC, IMHO], seeing that it was made up by someone is the most logical option you have left.

Although that those who were hoping for that to happen in AC must have been disappointed >_>

I found it peculiar that in this article there was 0 pic of Tifa though :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
I think it's funny some people believe Nomura is all-seeing and all-powerful, and he has his hand in everything FF7-related: magazine articles, commercials, marketing. HE IS SUPER NOMURA.

I wonder if these same people believe Spielberg has control over everything that's written in any publication about one of his movies?

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
Do you guys really believe that someone just added that in willy nilly? I'm sure it came from somewhere. I'm fairly certain they're not allowed to do something like that. The quote is there for a reason. I'm not saying it came from Nomura or Nojima, but ... unless you can show me the editor saying that he added that in for shits and giggles, I'm not going to believe that.

It was a quote that was obviously meant to be from AC... get it? :whistle:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I love how when I back down from an argument you guys still argue with me :monster:

paoo

♥
Hm, if some Cleriths think that the AU games, "Cloud and Aerith being next to eachother", etc. are proofs. Then.. what do Cloud and Tifa got? I know they got things, like... hentai Because then it wouldn't work as evidence. :monster:

Last edited:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
C/T has a lot of promo pics together, KH2, that fighting game - starts with 'E'.

Not that it really matters. Although I do think the KH2 stuff mirrors AC.

Although I do think the KH2 stuff mirrors AC.
I actually think this was stated as fact somewhere... that the themes were meant to be similar and whatnot.

Now, if in an AU game Cloud grabbed Aerith, dipped her down and gave her a big smack on the lips, I'd start to think maybe it matters a little. Even then we'd need to go over who actually made the game, were the FFVII people involved, etc. And then, after all that, if they were indeed involved and approve of this gesture, then it would mean something for the LTD.

As it stands all we have are, as Isabella pointed out earlier, two of the most popular characters in FF history, let alone from one of the most popular titles appearing in AU games. Don't forget Aerith is dead and though she comes back a bit for AC, and we got to see her story in CC, she's still very much dead. If you were choosing FF characters to put in the original KH, and you could either put in the super popular dead girl who fans are still outraged died, or the also popular alive girl... it just seems like such an obvious choice. Tifa's great, it's nothing against her character at all... but I think you can see the logic I'm getting at.

Canon is about the story, and what's been said about the story by the creators. Advertising, product, AU games where the characters are both just there... it's all completely irrelevant. The problem is, if you were to finally convince a Clerii of this fact, they'd realize they don't have any "arguments" left.

Last edited:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Yeah iuhm... anyone know where this quote is from?

No idea where it's from but I've seen it mentioned before. Cloud obviously says it.

It's worth taking as seriously as IGN saying Tifa is Cloud's girlfriend. Even if the latter may be true, at the time it was written it was highly speculation and simply the author of the article trying to make sense of the limited footage/images given to him/her and any previous knowledge of the story they may have had, or any brief outline they got to read. He/she probably took a line from the film slightly out of context to be honest. Hence why this "quote" never appeared in the official script or film itself.

Although that is basically reiterating what others have said, call it a summary.

I actually think this was stated as fact somewhere... that the themes were meant to be similar and whatnot.

Nojima said:
Tifa wasn't planned to appear at first. I was talking with Tetsu about what Cloud could be doing in Hallow Bastion, and we eventually moved towards him chasing after Sephiroth, but also being chased by something himself. So Cloud's really running from something but goes around pretending, saying that he's chasing Sephiroth. Then we decided to make it him running from the "something warm" like what Tifa was after in AC.

There's another one I think, but I can't find it right now.

So, I randomly today found some super old magazines from 1997-1998 (guess which game they were reviewing?). They call one of the characters 'a talking dog with the intelligence of a man'.

...I don't think I need to say more.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
So, I randomly today found some super old magazines from 1997-1998 (guess which game they were reviewing?). They call one of the characters 'a talking dog with the intelligence of a man'.
You know what? I'm sorry but that's not a nice thing to say about Cloud. I know I pick on him and all but...

oh

What was the nature of the project? I man what did you all do?

Made a 30 second trailer for it. We were given clips to use, text to use, and a song to use... that's basically it.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I don't think AUs are completely throw aways. I mean, some of them are purely fanservice, nor do they add or prove canon. But a lot of times relationships and characters in AU is symoblic or reflective of actual canon. It's easy to see how Cloud and Tifa's dynamic is similar in KH as in AC. Or how the FF cast is similar to their original. Because they can't be as in depth they often represent the core of their characters. Aerith's light hearted warm nature, Squall's annoying broodiness, and Cloud's overwhelming need to chase Sephiroth.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but yeah.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yep she's Cloud's light :monster:

Yeah I don't think they're throw aways either, but for Tifa and Cloud, I think their AUs act very similar as they do in FFVII so...

Anatoliae

Gas Mask Enthusiast
AKA
Lachlan, Ana, Aniline, Natoli
I think AUs hold some substance.

But then again Yuna, Paine and Rikku are not faeries who steal from little kids.

Splintered

unsavory tart
True.

And I don't imagine that island!Tidus is going to hit on a four inch Yuna either. But as far as closeness to characters are concerned, the Sephiroth-Cloud-Tifa dynamic is pretty interesting. The Aerith-Cloud dynamic is a bit more vague, especially since it's hard to compare canonFFVII to KH, with her being alive and all.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Didn't Nomura say that Kingdom Hearts at least was more like a side story or a bonus to FFVII?

Didn't Nomura say that Kingdom Hearts at least was more like a side story or a bonus to FFVII?
I don't remember anything like this, just the similar concepts that was quoted earlier.

AUs is just something that has to be dealt with properly. It's not apart of the canon, but if the creators had their hand it in to make sure the characters were being presented properly, then you can take certain things they do or say as a part of their character. It's still not canon in the FFVII universe.

However, other than Tifa being Cloud's light, there isn't anything in AUs that is LTD worthy. Showing up in an AU game together != you are in the romantic relationship. Show me an AU game where Cloud calls Aerith his girlfriend and then maybe I'll have interest in discussing it. XP

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Isn't Sephiroth in KH born from Cloud's darkness?

I wonder what THAT means :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom