So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'm fairly certain you can't do that.

I'm completely certain she can't.

Further, child, rest assured, were I intending to insult you, there would be no debate about whether or not I had. I quite make a point of being quite direct about my mudslinging.

@Hito: Egads that page looks more shite each time I look at it.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Ryu: Hm go about your way of thinking, Ryu. Clearly talking to a person who can only use a few words isn't worth the time.
Lol Ryu "can only use a few words"? Are you fucking serious?

What's wrong with you? Noob is an insult!
I'm not flaming, I'm asking for my justice and right now. Noob is an insult.
No one has ever been warned for using the term "noob" on this board. It's pretty mild.

But your way of clearing things up is "if they are one, than its not an insult".
Well, what if Ryu is exactly what I said he is? Than its not an insult.
For this line of reasoning to work you would first have to be capable of proving that the things you said were true, which thus far you have not done. Note that this is not an invitation to attempt to prove these things, as Dacon has already told you to drop the issue on multiple occasions. If you really have further questions about the way the matter has been handled you would be advised to take your concerns elsewhere rather than derailing a perfectly (well, ok, largely) legitimate thread with further drama.

Troll? Look, another insult! Hm...whatever should I do about this?-_-
do you even know what trolling is?

If I don't get my justice for the insult he said to me, than I'll take it to the vBulliten and tell them there is unfair treatment and false reasons to a infraction at hand on this forum.
lol you really think the vBulletin team care how people use their forum software to enforce rules? Even if they had the time, how people run their own forums is entirely outside their jurisdiction.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Oh wow thanks... all though I do have to wonder where the line came from O_o

Fuck people, can we stop feeding the troll and pay attention to me again?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
*fawns over Quex* OMG I LOVE j00000

Also the line came from the brain of some dude who doesn't know what he's talking about apparently. All a ploy to sell magazines? Maybe she ships Clerith hardcore and wanted to give his side more weight? lol

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Also the line came from the brain of some dude who doesn't know what he's talking about apparently. All a ploy to sell magazines? Maybe she ships Clerith hardcore and wanted to give his side more weight? lol
Okay now I'm confused, is it a he or a she?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
:sigh:
*puts on Devil's Advocate hat*

Do you guys really believe that someone just added that in willy nilly? I'm sure it came from somewhere. I'm fairly certain they're not allowed to do something like that. The quote is there for a reason. I'm not saying it came from Nomura or Nojima, but ... unless you can show me the editor saying that he added that in for shits and giggles, I'm not going to believe that.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
...Do you guys really believe that someone just added that in willy nilly? I'm sure it came from somewhere. I'm fairly certain they're not allowed to do something like that. The quote is there for a reason. I'm not saying it came from Nomura or Nojima, but ... unless you can show me the editor saying that he added that in for shits and giggles, I'm not going to believe that.
I did not know anyone significant spoke in Japanese and then switched to English mid-sentence. THE MORE YOU KNOW~

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Japanese anime do it all the time (especially in their theme songs) :monster:

I'm not a troll fucker, I'm an Orc. I didn't get my BA at Mordor University just to be called a fucking troll. Respect please.
Lulz. This reminds me of on another forum when Ryu and I got called Trolls... AND PIRATES, for posting quotes proving Cloti and then informing them we weren't shippers. No wait, I believe this was one of the forums that had a warped sense of what the word 'canon' means as well. A history lesson on the actual word didn't help... so Ryu and I changed our avatars to match our new descriptions.

I choose a picture of the troll from 'A Troll in Central Park'.

Anywho, on topic a bit more. Clerii can whine and pretend things were changed to appeal to the great Cloti population, but at the end of the day, if it comes from the creators/official source, it's canon, even retcons.

Do you guys really believe that someone just added that in willy nilly? I'm sure it came from somewhere. I'm fairly certain they're not allowed to do something like that. The quote is there for a reason. I'm not saying it came from Nomura or Nojima, but ... unless you can show me the editor saying that he added that in for shits and giggles, I'm not going to believe that.
No ones saying it was a joke. It's like the word "Love" appearing on the English commercial over Cloud and Aerith. It's just advertising, and in this case it has even less of SE involved because it's a magazine. Magazines take the info given to them, and fill in the rest with whatever they want. Obviously whoever wrote that thought it's what fans would want to hear, or maybe the direction the movie would be going in from the little info they had. Either way, it's as useful in finding out which couple is canon as coke cans and au games.

I've read English magazines say things about Cloud and Tifa being married, and others saying Cloud will forever be searching for his dead girlfriend. *shrugs*

o lawd I know what forum you're talking about.
Ya, stopped posting after it became apparent the people there had either no reading comprehension skills... or were messing with us pretending to be stupid. I didn't care to find out which it was.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I guess.. .I went to school for Visual Communications and we'd sometimes have an assignment to put together magazine ads and what not... we were always given what text to use and I assumed that's how it always worked...

Same with the love thing. I specifically remember we had to put a trailer together for Dr Strangelove. We were given what clips, music and text to use because that's how it works in the real world. Again not saying it came from Nojima or Nomura specifically, or even anyone important, but it came from somewhere.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
:sigh:
*puts on Devil's Advocate hat*

Your devil's advocate hat is also your rational thought suspension hat.
Magazines add shit to sell all the time, especially wild speculation.
You wish to claim it's in House SE statement, validate this idea. Find an employee who validates the statement.
Then provide proof of this validation.

Lulz. This reminds me of on another forum when Ryu and I got called Trolls... AND PIRATES, for posting quotes proving Cloti and then informing them we weren't shippers. No wait, I believe this was one of the forums that had a warped sense of what the word 'canon' means as well. A history lesson on the actual word didn't help... so Ryu and I changed our avatars to match our new descriptions.

I choose a picture of the troll from 'A Troll in Central Park'.

I was a MIGHTY PIRATE!

Anywho, on topic a bit more. Clerii can whine and pretend things were changed to appeal to the great Cloti population, but at the end of the day, if it comes from the creators/official source, it's canon, even retcons.

Funny how EVERYTHING in the actual canon gets changed to appeal to the great Cloti minority (or are we a majority again?), yet it's secretly pink.

@Quexi: Magazines and such are often given promo packs, things they can say, things they can't say, and nothing else. Everything else is generally up for them to come up with themselves.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
You wish to claim it's in House SE statement, validate this idea.
tailsemoter.gif

I said it might not have come from anyone important... but that's a HUGE statement for an editor to add on a whim.

and fine... can you tell me who wrote the article? I'll try to contact them... :monster:

Funny how EVERYTHING in the actual canon gets changed to appeal to the great Cloti minority (or are we a majority again?), yet it's secretly pink.
I think we're majority.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The quote means nothing because it doesn't gel with ANYTHING in the movie or canon at all. Which makes the fact it was probably added subjectively by the writer, all the more likely. Where does it come from? Who said it? Where's the foundation for such a statement?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
The quote means nothing because it doesn't gel with ANYTHING in the movie or canon at all. Which makes the fact it was probably added subjectively by the writer, all the more likely. Where does it come from? Who said it? Where's the foundation for such a statement?
I dunno, that's what I want to know :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
tailsemoter.gif

I said it might not have come from anyone important... but that's a HUGE statement for an editor to add on a whim.

No one said it was whim. We said it was to drum up interest/sales. But again, JP and EN mags have called Tifa Cloud's wife.
Others said Cloud and Tifa ran an orphanage.

and fine... can you tell me who wrote the article? I'll try to contact them... :monster:

It was someguy anonymito.

I think we're majority.

Just so we're clear.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Do you have his ema-... WAITAMINUTE :rage:

Actually in your guys' defense, yeah we were given the text to use but... I dunno where the text came from. It was probably just a writer. The article gets written, and sent along to the people who lay it out with the pics and stuff... so yeah uhm

Quexinos :kermit:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I did not know anyone significant spoke in Japanese and then switched to English mid-sentence. THE MORE YOU KNOW~
Scarlet :monster: Although that was just the 'use English words but written in Japanese' thing and not actual English words like this.

It might work in songs, but in spoken dialogue I think that'd sound fucking weird.

Japanese anime do it all the time (especially in their theme songs) :monster:
Daijoubu! We do it all the tiiiime!

:awesome:

Ryu said:
That's my Japanese cousin.

Oh yar, I have one of those now too. That's why you can trust me.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I guess.. .I went to school for Visual Communications and we'd sometimes have an assignment to put together magazine ads and what not... we were always given what text to use and I assumed that's how it always worked...

Same with the love thing. I specifically remember we had to put a trailer together for Dr Strangelove. We were given what clips, music and text to use because that's how it works in the real world. Again not saying it came from Nojima or Nomura specifically, or even anyone important, but it came from somewhere.

Yes, but what happens in the classroom isn't always how it works in the real world. The teacher gave you what you needed because it was for an assignment and to make it easier and probably also to keep on schedule. I've had classes where teachers give me gibberish then told me to pretend the ad was for something different. The text was only there to look nice. It was dummy text. A lot of Lorum Ipsum and what else have you. lol

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Actually for the Dr Strangelove one we were told that's how it works :monster:
at least that's how I remember it ...
but read what I wrote here:

Actually in your guys' defense, yeah we were given the text to use but... I dunno where the text came from. It was probably just a writer. The article gets written, and sent along to the people who lay it out with the pics and stuff... so yeah uhm

Isabella

Your Mom
I'm sure it came from somewhere. I'm fairly certain they're not allowed to do something like that.
Picked up a supermarket tabloid recently? Do you think they got permission to write the stuff they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom