So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I don't remember anything like this, just the similar concepts that was quoted earlier.
Here it is:
Nomura: Yes, she died in Final Fantasy VII, but there's no real relation to where she was at or what role she played in FFVII. There's no relationship from FFVII to the Kingdom Hearts stories. I consider them separate stories. But if you play Kingdom Hearts, toward the end, some of the questions about the relationship between Cloud and Aeris in FFVII might be answered. It's sort of like a side story, and this was an extra bonus that I wanted to give to players.
Bolded stuff for importance :monster:

Ah, I have seen that quote before. He basically just saying, "They are completely different stories, but the cameos of FFVII in KH are for the fans." In fact, this part, "There's no relationship from FFVII to the Kingdom Hearts stories." is a good example of why AU stories don't matter in canon debates. XP

paoo

♥
But if you play Kingdom Hearts, toward the end, some of the questions about the relationship between Cloud and Aeris in FFVII might be answered.

What does he mean by that?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
He means PLAY THIS GAME AND I MAY OR MAY NOT BE NICE TO YOU, SHIPPERS.

It's like his 'Namine and Kairi are unrelated' line, which means YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD IT FIGURED OUT, BUT I JUST BLEW YOUR MIND. PLAY THE GAME AND FIND OUT IF I'M FUCKING WITH YOU.

Or words to that effect.

But if you play Kingdom Hearts, toward the end, some of the questions about the relationship between Cloud and Aeris in FFVII might be answered.

Three second stare at the end = Aerith makes Cloud uncomfortable.

Questions answered. :awesome:

Wait....is my mic on? Crap...awkward...*crawls back under rock* Carry on.

Splintered

unsavory tart
What? What answers?

Nomura is king of passive aggressive bullshit.

He means PLAY THIS GAME AND I MAY OR MAY NOT BE NICE TO YOU, SHIPPERS.

It's like his 'Namine and Kairi are unrelated' line, which means YOU THOUGHT YOU HAD IT FIGURED OUT, BUT I JUST BLEW YOUR MIND. PLAY THE GAME AND FIND OUT IF I'M FUCKING WITH YOU.

Or words to that effect.
This too.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
What does he mean by that?

It's as significant as:

Nomura said:
In Nojima-san's scenario for that, it gave a more definite to Cloud and Tifa's relationship, but I had him take it out. I think it's more interesting to get the people who play the game to think about it.

But then again, considering Nojima easily says "love and marriage" right after talking about Cloud and Tifa's relationship in that recent interview and so on, I wouldn't be surprised if Nojima's original scenario in KHII was more suggestive of a romantic relationship.

Aerith also wasn't depicted as any kind of lover or romantic interest to Cloud unless you read into it as so. For instance, to me she seemed like the caring friend/almost motherly emotional support because of how she looks at him both in the KHI credits and their scene KHII. Nothing really in comparison to Tifa giving Cloud light (which isn't necessarily suggestive of romance in itself IMO) and, while of less significance, Tifa being the only one of the two he's seen being protective over.

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
it seems that Tifa is Cloud's light because in ACC, she gives him the strength to fight again and cleriths could say that it was only motherly feelings when she reasoned with him, but after all the evidence and after watching ACC, i think that smile tifa snd cloud shared was smacking people over the head saying "duh" and its clear to me tifa and cloud were and are meant to be together. But thats just me.

Also i saw someone mention that the old interview stated them in a relationship and the new one confirmed it more, can someone post the interview or something?

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
another odd thing, i had a bunch of people (didnt believe that they said this of course) that a possible aerith resurrection was an idea in the heads of SE, but im like no way XD

Splintered

unsavory tart
another odd thing, i had a bunch of people (didnt believe that they said this of course) that a possible aerith resurrection was an idea in the heads of SE, but im like no way XD
I'd like to think I'm pretty open minded about the whole LTD coupling.

But a resurrection is just about the stupidest thing anything could do to the franchise and the character. What's the point of pissing on the scene that remains one of, if not the most, memorable scene in the ff series?

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
did anyone actually like x-2, i didnt find it as interesting =\
and i didnt listen to them, crazy pple in the world eh, theyd ruin the whole series if they did tht, agreed.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I didn't.

My masochism only goes so far.

You and me need to get together sometime :D

did anyone actually like x-2, i didnt find it as interesting =\
I did, wasn't as good as 10 but I think it had some pretty good points. I love the Bevelle Cloisters. That's my favorite part of the game and made the purchase totally worth it. And at least they let YOU decide if you want Tidus resurrected. That's you know... something.

I've not seen any indication that there was even a thought to resurrect Aerith. I do remember in the early days of the announcement of AC that some rabid fans were convinced that the whole plot would revolve around Cloud's search and revival of Aerith...you know...because square read their fanfic and thought it was WIN!

Honestly if you're going to convey your feelings of loss onto your audience, you don't make the dead rise back up later just because some people are angry that their favorite character got killed off (Unless Annie Wilkes has broken both your legs and forces you to write your dead character back to life or she's gonna kill you MR MAN! /end Misery reference). And I know some of them are crazy enough to want to do that. :loopy: Even though they did that with characters in AC who it seemed safe to assume died in the game. I thought the excess of the ghosting of Zack and Aerith was enough to cheapen it a bit. If they reappear in future games after they walked out the door and into the light it will ruin their sacrifices completely.

Do yourself a favor, don't play FFX-2.

No don't. Because that victory dance you had at the end when
Tidus was just a dream...an annoying dream
will all be for naught. Well....maybe that was just my victory dance.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
No don't. Because that victory dance you had at the end when
Tidus was just a dream...an annoying dream
will all be for naught. Well....maybe that was just my victory dance.
I assure you it was not :awesome:

But it's why I also don't particularly care for the idea that Aerith can just manifest any time she wants. It really cheapens her death and if she can do that, ... well what was the point of her sacrifice?

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
especially when she was calling all the kids at once O.O, im sure they wont be suubscribing to the lifestream network, id hate to see aeriths phone bill LOL

I assure you it was not :awesome:

Huzzah!

100.gif

But it's why I also don't particularly care for the idea that Aerith can just manifest any time she wants. It really cheapens her death and if she can do that, ... well what was the point of her sacrifice?

Shits and giggles. Just shits and giggles.

No really I hate it too. If she can just whip around willy nilly and jump into people's heads and magik rain on everybody to make everything okay again then seriously there was no point at all to her sacrifice.

especially when she was calling all the kids at once O.O, im sure they wont be suubscribing to the lifestream network, id hate to see aeriths phone bill LOL

Yeah, that was just square-enix squeezing one more whoring of that damned cell phone into their extended version. I'm surprised she didn't get a close up with it. Oh it wont be on her bill, she's using Cloud's phone that he accidentally splooshed into the lake.

Just one more thing for him to remember her always.....:awesome:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Oh, 10-2 isn't that bad.

Especially if you ignore the plot and enjoy JOB SYSTEM instead, which is what it was.

Besides, what happened to tiddlywinks wasn't actually a death and resurrection.

And there was something similar in 10 anyways, which no one seems to want to recall.

Reith123

DemonSlayer
AKA
Mai
i dont mean to get off topic of the ltd but i played ffXII and i hated the batttle system, had to stop because it just want doin it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom