So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That has nothing to do with her Cetra powers, and everything to do with her common sense. The guy's having seizures and spouting nonsense while laughing creepily. I don't need to be a Cetra to know Cloud's fucked up and not himself. They tout that quote as if its some proof positive she knew the real Cloud, but all it implies and says is that she knew Cloud wasn't the Jenova puppet he was on disc 1.

Context again get thrown out the window in favor of the "tru wuv 4eva" interpretation.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Do you have the exact quote by chance? I don't quite remember it and I'm not sure where it's from. and yes I wasn't saying that she somehow knew the real Cloud off the bat, just that she knew he wasn't really himself... but as you said:

The guy's having seizures and spouting nonsense while laughing creepily. I don't need to be a Cetra to know Cloud's fucked up and not himself.
Well it IS Cloud :awesomonster:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Madness?

THIS IS CLERITH!!!@!!#!!

clerith.png

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Hitoshura translated it for me before and PMed it to me. Maybe it's in my inbox somewhere.

It's seriously nothing that special or ground breaking though.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
And now I've found it. Here's his more accurate and grammatically correct translation. :monster:

While she perceives similarities between Cloud and Zack, Aerith realizes that this isn't the natural Cloud. The lines "I'm searching for you" and "I want to meet you" are deep statements which see through to the existence of the true Cloud, which he himself isn't even aware of.

Check
"So you won't have a breakdown"

Aerith, appearing in Cloud's dream, tells him this to console him. From this line you can gather than Aerith has seen through to Cloud's true nature.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yep nothing about Cetra in there, you're right. ... and nothing about wanting to have sex either :monster:

I guess "she can see through to his true nature" is where they get that from. Doesn't really mean she knows him though, just that he isn't himself.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, she realizes that the true nature of Cloud isn't the Jenova puppet who punched her repeatedly in the face, and laughed creepily while seeing the mural of the Black Materia. She knew the Cloud/Zack/Jenova puppet was a fake.

But that doesn't mean she knows Cloud and has somehow learned everything about him, or anything about his past, childhood, etc. It's just she saw through the truth. Which..is pretty obvious.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
There's a quote from another page of the Ulti Omega, and that's the one they say means that Aerith knows Cloud because of her Cetra abilities.

This one comes from page 29(the 'essence' one was from page 156):

"I'm looking for you."...

"So you won't have a breakdown."

- what Aerith told Cloud reveals many deep meanings. Aerith detected that the present Cloud is not the real him during their encounters. She knows it because of her mysterious, inherent ability.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
It says it's an ability, not cause she's Cetra... all though I'm not sure what else it could mean... Mako?

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
While she perceives similarities between Cloud and Zack, Aerith realizes that this isn't the natural Cloud. The lines "I'm searching for you" and "I want to meet you" are deep statements which see through to the existence of the true Cloud, which he himself isn't even aware of.

Check

Aerith, appearing in Cloud's dream, tells him this to console him. From this line you can gather than Aerith has seen through to Cloud's true nature.
What Mako Daddy said.

Aeris saw that the true Cloud wasn't the Cloud who punched her in the face. Seeing through the the existence of Cloud, which is something he wasn't aware of is nothing more than SE saying: Aeris realized something was wrong with Cloud and she saw that the true Cloud wasn't the one he was pretending to be. That's why she wanted to know that Cloud. if she already did, why the fuck would she want to meet him?

That's cause she didn't. She only knew something was wrong and Cloud wasn't Jenova's bitch. That doesn't mean she knew what or that she knew the real Cloud.

There is nothing there about Cetra powers. I'm tired of people making Aeris to be some crazy mind-reader or performer of magical feats of awesomness. She could occassionally hear the Planet, but even then it wasn't clear and she didn't always understand. She couldn't do shit. She's like Obi-Wan -- more powerful when dead

EDIT:

@ frost: No, it means she knows somethign is wrong and that there's a shell around him. Perhaps she can sense some interference (LOLZ static. Can you hear me now, Cloud?), but she doesn't know Cloud. She knows Cloud isn't Cloud, but she doesn't know who Cloud is.

Last edited:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
@ frost: No, it means she knows somethign is wrong and that there's a shell around him. Perhaps she can sense some interference (LOLZ static. Can you hear me now, Cloud?), but she doesn't know Cloud. She knows Cloud isn't Cloud, but she doesn't know who Cloud is.

I know. I just wanted to point out the quote they claim says Aerith used her magical powers to find the real Cloud before she died.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
There's a quote from another page of the Ulti Omega, and that's the one they say means that Aerith knows Cloud because of her Cetra abilities.

This one comes from page 29(the 'essence' one was from page 156):

I think that's the quote I already posted that in my post here.

It's the same Aerith quote they're discussing in the part hitoshura translated for me when I asked about it, from page 156 in the FFVII Playback of the FFVII Ultimania.

I don't understand where they got that from but...it sounds like they were a bit...liberal in terms of their translation.

Hitoshura should be able to offer a more clearer answer.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
I looked at CxA boards(yes, I went back. :()just now, and they list three different pages:

"I'm looking for you."..."So you won't have a breakdown." - what Aerith told Cloud reveals many deep meanings. Aerith detected that the present Cloud is not the real him during their encounters. She knows it because of her mysterious, inherent ability. ~page 29, FFVII Ultimania Omega

When Aerith thinks of Cloud and Zack's similarities, she sees that the present Cloud is not the real Cloud. Her meaningful lines like, "I'm searching for you" and "I want to meet you" all mean that she has discovered the existence of the real Cloud, although he's not aware of it himself. ~page 31, FFVII Ultimania Omega

"So you won't have a breakdown..." - Aerith appears in Cloud's dream, and she seems to console him with such advice. This line can infer that Aerith has seen through to the essence of Cloud. ~page 156, FFVII Ultimania Omega

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay, so hitoshura provided translations for the last two...but I'm curious as to what that first one says. Gotcha :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
It says she's aware of the real Cloud's existence but not that she knows him and everything about him. There's a difference :monster: She's seen through the fake Cloud and knows that it's not him and that the real one is in there somewhere.

I looked at CxA boards(yes, I went back. :()
Nothing wrong with that, I go there every day :awesome:

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
"I'm looking for you." "So you won't have a breakdown." --- She has many profound lines to Cloud. Despite only knowing him for a short time, she seems to have perceived that the Cloud she sees is not the real him. Perhaps this is also because of her mysterious, innate powers.

Hitoshura's translation of the line on page 29.

So there's a tad bit of ambiguity but yeah. Apparently using common sense and figuring out Cloud's not a demented puppet comes from mysterious, innate powers called common sense. Doesn't mention anything about Cetra powers, or her knowing Cloud. Just...knowing what Tifa knew from jump street. :monster:

So there you go. I don't think that says anything about her knowing Cloud, just knowing the Cloud she interacted with wasn't the real deal and wanted to know the real Cloud. Of course, Sephiroth saw to that. :awesome:

It says she's aware of the real Cloud's existence but not that she knows him and everything about him.
Exactly.

In Maiden she says she like tru wuvs Cloud more.
Clerii threw that quote at me so I decided to actually read Maiden. When I came back and said, "Yes, but that happens before Cloud's even himself and before Aerith realizes that everything she loved about Cloud was what made Zack unique, not Cloud." they suddenly became quiet. :awesome:

Vendel

Banned
Clerii threw that quote at me so I decided to actually read Maiden. When I came back and said, "Yes, but that happens before Cloud's even himself and before Aerith realizes that everything she loved about Cloud was what made Zack unique, not Cloud." they suddenly became quiet. :awesome:

Take your reading comprehension elsewhere. This is the LTD TYVM.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Exactly.

Then ten minutes later, the same Clerii said the same thing as if you had never pointed it out.

Rinse, repeat.

Isabella

Your Mom
Despite only knowing him for a short time, she seems to have perceived that the Cloud she sees is not the real him.
Proof you can't trust hito. This is exactly what we've been saying, that she perceives the outward Cloud isn't the real him.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Quex, it has come to my attention that you are expressing consternation about arguments said here over at CxA. If you have issues with us or our arguments, please bring them up here so that we may discuss them, instead of talking with people who are not us and have a terrible track record of misrepresenting us.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
You know what.. Ryu?... you're right, I'm getting too emotionally involved and stupid shit is pissing me off. I need to take a break me thinks. I don't even know who I'm angry at anymore.. I think myself for getting myself into this situation.

But you're right, I need to stop. It's getting personal now and the last thing I want is to hurt any of my friends. It's gonna be hard but I'm going to try and quit cold turkey... if anyone sees me viewing this topic yell at me. Hell ban me from it if you can... I need to get back to reality and things that REALLY matter.

Thanks, thanks for pointing this out. You're really a true friend to put up with everything I've done. I don't even know WHY you're putting up with it. Well thanks, I'll make it up to you somehow. I'll catch the rest of you later...

Eerie

Fire and Blood
Ryu said:
Oh, so it doesn't mean sex any longer?
I was under the impression they were still fronting the 'In japan, 'wanting to meet' means sex' bull.
So when Cloud says to Tifa that he's glad they meet again, it means sex too? :monster:

Check

Aerith, appearing in Cloud's dream, tells him this to console him.
I've never thought about this, but doesn't this mean that Aerith already failed to help Cloud? That no matter what, only Tifa could reach and help Cloud during his breakdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom