So, what do you think the LTD conclusion is? (Round 2)

Who does Cloud love?

• Aerith

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 121 85.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Pretty sure "interpretational" is being used incorrectly. /nitpick

And yes, apparently ~debunked~ = "we twisted the quote and squinted a bit until we made it look the way we liked, and/or we sat on it and managed to squeeze out a loophole, i.e., Cloud's name not being in the quote."

Didn't they used to agree that it DID refer to Cloud when they thought it meant 'one who loves'? But now that they want to use it for Aerith as 'zomfg tru love with Cloud' they can't have the other side be Cloud when it refers to loving Tifa, so must be Barret/Rude/Johnny/Aerith instead?

I mean, even their 'loopholes' aren't consistant.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Quite a few of them don't actually believe all that "person who loves" stuff. They just think the koibito can't be Cloud cause his name isn't on the page. IMO, the one person who really went back and forth alot on the issue and was responsible for over 9000 koibito arguments is... well you figure it out :monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
I just don't see how any reasonable person can think one of Tifa's defining roles is to be the girlfriend of Johnny/Barret/Rude, when she's shown trying to build a family with Cloud, asking Cloud if he loves her, supporting/motivating Cloud, beaming at his success, etc.

Everything Tifa does in AC revolves around Cloud, and wanting him to heal and come home to her.

EDIT
When the hell is this thread gonna be fixed? I'm tired of it looking like there's another page when their isn't.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Rob and I had a conversation the other night and our future and are we truly meant for each other and so on... guess we should break up :(

Isabella

Your Mom
If you don't see pink hearts shooting out of each other's asses every time your eyes meet, you aren't in love and should just throw in the towel. Seriously. Don't even bother otherwise.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I love philosophical discussions! Here's something you should think about:

If ExDeath falls over in the Void...does he make a sound? :awesome:

Whoa man, that's deep. And totally going into my sig. :wacky:

I think the question one should be asking is whether or not it's even possible to fall over in the Void.

That's a good question. They probably think their devotion.com/clerith.com debunks all those "Cloti" lies, and thus their pairing is solid and canon. Someone should enlighten them as to what "debunked" really means and what it takes to debunk something.

If that's really what they all mean then yes, someone should.

SoS's essay debunks a lot of the logical fallacies and misinterpretations of the official quotes on who Cloud loves. That's..debunking. Not grasping straws and using subjective evidence to prove your pairing.

Ditto that. SoS's essay actually used evidence presented by the staff and does not rely solely on pink lens-flares that may or may not be Aerith's ribbon. :monster:

fainessae

sleepy
If you don't see pink hearts shooting out of each other's asses every time your eyes meet, you aren't in love and should just throw in the towel. Seriously. Don't even bother otherwise.

You know... now that I think about it...

Uhm, do Cloud/Aerith fans tend to like Squall/Rinoa? Because that couple does nothing but argue for like the first....oh...two discs of the game (until Rinoa is unfairly taken out, haha). So, if arguments mean a couple can't be a couple, does that mean Squall and Rinoa, one of SE's most blatantly pushed "romantic" couples, aren't a couple?

Oh wait, I forgot... Couples can argue and still be couples as long as they're not Cloud and Tifa.

Isabella

Your Mom
So apparently Reunion Tracks is out, and Tifa's Theme is called "Hearts Entwining." Who is her heart entwining with? Any guesses? Denzel? Reeve? Because I'm sure it's not the man she's living with. What a ridiculous notion.

Splintered

unsavory tart
So apparently Reunion Tracks is out, and Tifa's Theme is called "Hearts Entwining." Who is her heart entwining with? Any guesses? Denzel? Reeve? Because I'm sure it's not the man she's living with. What a ridiculous notion.
Of course not, that would be twisting words around.

It's common sense that if Cloud's name isn't in it, it must refer to Johnny. After all, remember that one random scene that lasted something or other when they say whatever? Deep shit right there.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
You know... now that I think about it...

Uhm, do Cloud/Aerith fans tend to like Squall/Rinoa? Because that couple does nothing but argue for like the first....oh...two discs of the game (until Rinoa is unfairly taken out, haha). So, if arguments mean a couple can't be a couple, does that mean Squall and Rinoa, one of SE's most blatantly pushed "romantic" couples, aren't a couple?

Oh wait, I forgot... Couples can argue and still be couples as long as they're not Cloud and Tifa.

This Clerith does not like Squall/Rinoa. Or Squall. Or Rinoa. Or Final Fantasy 8 in general. And as to whether or not they are a couple, that's for you to interpret.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Aerith. Definitely entwining with Aerith.

I mean, why not go for broke, eh?

Addendum: Kerbluh? Whether S/R is a couple is up to interpretation, now? Does not compute.

Next you'll be saying IV it up to interpretation.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

ReevexTifa seems kinda hawt... :awesome:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

No, no. It's really a song about how Tifa is upset because Cloud and Aerith's hearts are entwining. A sad song of defeat.

Last edited:

Splintered

unsavory tart
This Clerith does not like Squall/Rinoa. Or Squall. Or Rinoa. Or Final Fantasy 8 in general. And as to whether or not they are a couple, that's for you to interpret.
Is that sarcasm? I have a strong dislike of 8, Squall, Rinoa, and Squall/Rinoa (I just found it poorly done). But there's no denying they are canon. Just incredibly distasteful canon.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Ditto that. I've always thought Squinoa was forced and played out, but it's obvious that they are canon, as much as I think Squall would have been better with Quistis had she not made herself into such the doormat. :monster:

ReevexTifa seems kinda hawt... :awesome:

I would be down with that. :monster: Reeve has a sexy voice...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom