• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Sonic the Hedgehog

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
So a very early design for Sonic in the movie has leaked. People are saying it looks similar to the leaked poster with Chris Pratt back when Sony was doing the film. Original on the left, what we saw in the first trailer on the right

EKQ1XiRX0AEoEYe

People are freaking out and saying "IT COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH WORSE" but idk... the cheeks, the nose, the non creepy smile... I think it looks better than what we got in the first trailer. Obviously I love what we ended up with but... idk I think it's less creepy at least

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Non-Sonic Movie alert(and to be honest, I'm gonna avoid it, sorry) but apparently there's a leak about the upcoming two games of Sonic the Hedgehog, and the report is right here.

New Sonic The Hedgehog Games to Come in 2020 and 2021 ...

Note that the "Leak" is discovered on Reddit, and I'm not sure whether to take it as a grain of salt or not. I suddenly have this feeling that the Reboot part is absolutely true, but at the same time I'm probably wrong and it's fake.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
... So basically we're getting a shittier Sonic Mania, because Sega thinks their best route now is to copy Taxman and do what his team did, except base it off Sonic Advance... Which nobody asked for, ever. :monster:

It's so on brand for Sonic Team, I'm inclined to believe it.

I'm optimistic about what Taxman will do for 3-D Sonic, because god knows someone needs to help Sega get their groove back with this character. I have more faith and hope for the game with him attached to it. That's how little faith I have in Sonic Team at this point.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I suspect she is talking about this.

Yeah, it was. Thanks for the fix.

Edit: Even though they had said that next year is a big year for Sonic, it looks like both this year and next year are already not looking promising at all. Personally, I think the best games so far of the franchise(from recently as I've actually started to like Sonic again) are Sonic Unleashed(PS3 and Xbox versions), Sonic and the Black Knight, and Sonic Colors(Wii version) for storywise, music wise and graphic wise despite the downside of the gameplays. For TV wise, Sonic X Anime is the best(even though the human characters apart from Eggman is kinda...meh, I guess. Not the best, but anyway). The SATM Sonic is okay, even if the very first Sonic TV series I ever saw was Sonic Underground before it got cancelled.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Another "Leak" is discovered, and I'm not sure if anyone else's discovered it yet, but apparently a remake of Sonic Adventure is another project, which could be truthful and the one that DailyUK posted may be false. Hard to say at this point, but thought I'd just share it anyway even if both leaks can very likely be false.

www.reddit.com › SonicTheHedgehog › comments › rumor_sonic_a... RUMOR: SONIC ADVENTURE REMAKE LEAK : SonicTheHedgehog - Reddit r/SonicTheHedgehog: reddit's own hideout for any and all Sonic The ... reports an announcement of this game is expected at SXSW 2020 and the game is set for ...

Just hope the link will work this time...:P

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I read a pretty thorough summary of the Sonic movie..... Sticking by my decision to not waste money or time watching it. Sounds like
quite the stinker

I'm a big Sonic fan (more the 2D than 3D era), and I found myself rolling my eyes as I read through the summary.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I read a pretty thorough summary of the Sonic movie..... Sticking by my decision to not waste money or time watching it. Sounds like
quite the stinker

I'm a big Sonic fan (more the 2D than 3D era), and I found myself rolling my eyes as I read through the summary.

You and me both, Cloud_S. (I like the 3D modern era of the games and looks of Sonic X, but 2D is good too) and when I read the summary, that made me dislike the movie even more.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I really liked it.

I enjoyed it about as much, if not more than Detective Pikachu. IMO this is probably one of the better things to come out of the Sonic franchise in the last 2 decades.

I also had the privilege of seeing this in the main theater in Downtown Vancouver. A huge part of the audience were workers for the now defunct MPC Vabcouver - the studio that was largely responsible for saving this movie from being a train wreck. There was a standing ovation at the end with a lot of chanting for MPC. Everyone stayed through the credits and gave another applause for when the MPC section appeared on screen. I felt really lucky to be in that theater because I really felt like their efforts paid off here.

Lex

Administrator
I need to talk to you all about Sonic 3 A.I.R. (Angel Island Revisited).

It's Sonic 3 and Knuckles, but basically the Christian Whitehead version. It checks to see if you have the game on Steam (it's 99p lol) before running, then runs the actual ROM in Widescreen, 60fps with a ridiculous number of extra features. It looks *incredible*. I did a full playthrough yesterday, it has achievements and everything.

It's basically the S3&K version of Sonic 1 and 2 for iOS, except it runs on PC and has even more features.

Here are some screenshots I'm taking right now:

1581865437579.png

1581865464596.png

1581865501698.png
1581865544974.png

There are another FOUR menus with stuff, like CRT scanlines, visual edits, options to make animations like the original or smoother (like the spin animations), you can turn off Super Sonic music, or make it make the level music go faster, or choose between S&K or S3 music for bosses. There is endless choice.

And it's smooth as butter! Seriously, this is the S3&K port we've all been waiting for, it's just not official.

1581865790396.png

EDIT: It also has achievements which unlock things, and they're quite well thought out. I unlocked the Mania drop dash for example, and you can unlock a Knuckles & Tails mode.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
quite the stinker

Your loss

I've seen it 3 times already and I have thoroughly enjoyed every viewing. It's a really good movie for Sonic that works well and it's pretty obvious they knew the source material. There's a lot of nods to the fans and although I didn't laugh at EVERY joke, I felt the majority of jokes landed quite well. The plot is predictable but honestly, I don't mind that so much as long as the journey through the plot is entertaining, and it was. The action scenes are a lot of fun to watch and the final showdown between Sonic and Robotnik honestly gave me chills. They really knew what they were doing.

I think one thing this movie does better than other movies like this, is Sonic is the main focus. There isn't a bunch of stuff going on with the characters in the background... The story is all about Sonic and his journey and what he's up to and that really helps a lot.

Others seem to agree with me as the movie is dominating in the box office and has already made over $100,000,000 world wide. It also beat out Detective Pikachu's opening and now has the number one opening weekend for a movie based on a video game. I think you guys should go see it, it's quite the fun ride... but DO stay tuned in the credits. There's a mid credits scene that sets up nicely for a sequel .

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
There is no butthole cut, for the most part the only scenes butthole Sonic was animated in were the ones in the trailer. Maybe a couple extras...

also I guess the new scenes come out tomorrow, not today, my bad

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA

Huh... doesn't look QUITE as creepy as the picture would have us believe but still ... a little freaky. Also interesting that Longclaw was originally going to come with Sonic to earth. I wonder why they changed that.

image0.jpg

EUaQucFXYAATSvV.png

image0.jpg

EUaPL5VXgAEhRrW.jpeg

eto_clip_sonic_111219.png

Screenshot_20200330-224028__01.jpg

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Given how the Pandemic has delayed almost everything, I think this year's Sonic game that's supposed to be released is either the 30th Anniversary one or it'll be delayed for the said Anniversary game to be released next year, or both will be delayed and Sonic's 30th Anniversary/Birthday will end up like this year's Olympics.

That aside, not sure if anyone has seen the Sonic 2020 fan games Episode White Jungle and Water of Shadow, but I think Sega should hire the guys who made those fan games since they're incredibly beautiful and look exactly like actual Sonic games.

Top Bottom