TES V: Skyrim

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
What kinda character are you playing as?
Even having minimal skill with a bow and good skill with magic is enough to take him out just make sure your ok with hidind in places where his attacks can't hit you/the AI tries to move him across the same minimal route.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Well your very-cheap strategy worked guys, thanks, lol. Hell I'm a dark elf, what do I care about honor? :monster:
I was lvl 17, actually. But to answer your question I've been playing sort of an assassin-mage. Destruction magic, sneak, archer, one-handed.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
An easy way to make the game more challenging (and imo, more interesting thus :monster:) is to never level up health.

Hit level 30? It doan matter if you're still at 100 HP, tops. :wacky: Still having a blast!

(on the flip side I can outrun most deer which is kinda hilarious)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
So, heading up to the greybeards, and wow, I am stupidly underleveled. Time to go become an Archmagus and maybe get like three or four levels.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I wonder what would be the lowest level someone has beaten the game with.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wonder what would be the lowest level someone has beaten the game with.

0, most likely. Pretty sure there's like a billion exploits in the game - although so far, I do think they're less than Oblivion and even less than in Morrowind.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
You start at 1, but yes, I'm certain that someone's done the psycho thing and run around with starting stats to win. Every forced combat has allies, no? Snag yourself enough gold, get healing items and magicka regen gear, and keep low while your buddies do the work.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Oh, you can totally rock L100 in all skills at L1. And if we're talking cheat, sky's the limit.

So, the 'Get drunk and wake up across town Skyrim quest is fun, at least the current part of it. The 'Computer being a tit and crashing in and around the poacher camp' not so much.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
lol Skyrim had quite a few bugs on release. Maybe not as game-breaking as the ones in New Vegas were, but enough to be a tad annoying.

Also, dragons flying in neat loops around the top of a single tree. I have some fraps of that, it's pretty funny :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Remind me to take the time to play through Skyrim and The Witcher 2 properly one of these days.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
My biggest problem with progress in Skyrim (besides a lack of time) I think is the length of the dungeons. A nice epic long dungeon is fun now and then but they're all just so long that I'm drained afterwards and end up only playing for an hour.

And playing a sneaky charatcer doesn't much help with the time dungeons take.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
lol Skyrim had quite a few bugs on release. Maybe not as game-breaking as the ones in New Vegas were, but enough to be a tad annoying.

Also, dragons flying in neat loops around the top of a single tree. I have some fraps of that, it's pretty funny :monster:

Currently, I'm wondering when they'll fix the 'takes forever to load an interior cell after the second one' issue that's decided to crop up now. Though that might be symptomatic of dying RAM, who knows.

Skyrim is the first Bethesda game I've taken to habitually quicksaving in just before entering doors.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I never had any loading issues whatsoever. Maybe some pop-ins, but I hope they can fixx that once there's next-generation consoles out there that sorta-match PC performance characteristics from two years ago, :monster:.

Also I have 16 GB of memory and no regrets.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I never had any loading issues whatsoever. Maybe some pop-ins, but I hope they can fixx that once there's next-generation consoles out there that sorta-match PC performance characteristics from two years ago, :monster:.

Also I have 16 GB of memory and no regrets.

Rocking 12 myself, but I've had a few rare BSODs so I'm worried a stick or two is going kerfutz on me.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I had the PS3 version and I never really encountered any bugs or glitchs, well nothing serious. Once a giant hit a cat-woman on the head with a club, she shot off into the air like a rocket. :lol:

The PS3 did have a huge lag problem once your save file was over 10MB but the latest patch seemed to fix that entirely. The game didn't feel like a Beta like New Vegas did still is.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
So does anyone know how to get a stray dog to never leave? Like when you tell it to go home is there a way to make it so it'll go to your house rather than just wandering off to lord knows where?

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I picked this game up again after putting it down for a while.

Suddenly three days of my life are missing goddamn it Skyrim.

Finally finished Dark Brotherhood quests and currently working on thieves guild. The side missions for thieves guild are so much fun I think I'm just gonna do them forever and ever.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I've actually restarted it as well (also thanks to ALL THE MODS), going for a ranger/thief kinda fellow and do the dark brotherhood quests :monster:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I'm in love with this game. Right now trying to court this spunky sexy lady blacksmith. Rawr.

But yeah, it's buggy as hell. It's crashed on me already, and some stuff is just weird (like I can't pick up stuff I should). But goddamn is it a fun stash n' grab, hack n' slash, yadda yadda game. Man, I really ought to have gotten into this ages ago.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's becoming rather unstable for me; the problem with skyrim is that when it crashes, it doesn't point out why it crashes or, indeed, which plugin (which is most likely the cause) causes it and should be fixxed.

Please fix this Bethesda.

CK

buried but breathing
AKA
CK, 2D, wanker
the new update on ps3 broke swimming lol. Whenever I try to swim the game freezes and I have to reset my ps3. I know i'm not the only one with this problem as well because it happens to my friend too. >:

Top Bottom