The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Oh wow, Cloud did something that everyone but the most rabid pinkers were sure he was going to to do. I really am shocked and amazed. :awesome:

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
To spoil nothing, but to gloat anyways, I CALLED IT.

NO EAT HAT FOR ME.

LOL... haha.... yes you did.... although some did deny it, of course :monster:

Are you talking about the apology? In one summary it said Cloud apologized to Tifa....

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Hopefully whatever you guys are talking about isn't a prank, because it sounds awesome. :P

*resists urge to click spoiler*

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Jesus christ those pinkers are such nazi's. I made one post which was hastily deleted and I was banned. For slightly promoting Cloti. Which, their forums rules states that if you do, you'll receive three warnings and then a ban. Good to know they can follow their own rules. :monster:

Free speech gaiz, you can't have et.

oh lawd. I've been sitting from the sidelines watching this forum for a few days but now I just have to have my say.

On one of the first pages (This One) there are random shots. I circled the pictures that are about Cloud and Aerith. The thing is, there's only one Cloud / Tifa scene in the scan.
5 to 1 Maybe it's just me, but the white CxA hand scene is the first image that caught my eye. :cleris:

Actually you can clearly see there are at least three Cloti scenes in the page. At the top there's a shot of Tifa where she's speaking to Cloud about the children, and why he shouldn't keep running away. There's also the shot where he's on the phone listening to Tifa's message. Also, I don't see how you can interpret that blurry box as the rainy church scene, but to each their own. ;D

By the way I'm not sure if anyone caught this, but on

This page the scenes they chose to represent FFVII is the ending of the game and Aerith and Cloud's meeting in the church. Isn't the lifestream scene / HW scene / or the well scene supposed to be the Clotis "best" scenes? Wonder why they're not here. :whistle:

Probably because SE sensed that the Cloti population isn't as insecure as the Clerith population. Clerith's need more "proof" that their pairing is canon otherwise they throw a shit fit. ;D Cloti's, simply take what's handed to them. And in FFVII they had ALOT more handed to them.

But it's hard to take what Gengeki says seriously after they spelt "Fantasy" wrong and grammatically fucked up "Four years has passed".

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a jab at Clerith in anyway. I visit thelifestream.net on a daily basis, and I've opened up a new (and now more popular version of the old) Clerith fan club. They're very accepting of it. TLS isn't just for Cloti's. Granted they are more upfront about what they represent, but that's because they have more facts to back their beliefs on.

Aerith is dead. She serves no real purpose in AC/C other than to Great Gospel the shit out of Geostigma. She's in the afterlife with Zack, reunited and it felt so good.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Tbh, a little, yes. :wacky: I thought I'd get warned, or spoken to by an Admin, but not outright banned for it. IT'S MADNESS. :awesome:

Isabella

Your Mom
By their own rules, they should have given you a couple more warnings before they banned you. I think they're feeling especially on edge right now, what with nothing going their way. :(

I almost feel bad for them. And then I remember that I'm a heartless bitch. :awesome:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Exactly. It's like the word Cloti is like saying Voldemort in Hogwarts. You must never ever say it. :scared:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Madness?

THIS. IS. CLERITH! *kicks*

Come on like you didn't see that coming. :wacky:

But anyway I really am slowly starting to grow tired of the whole LTD, and it's mainly because of the rabid pinkers and the way they act, hiding in their forum and acting all high and mighty because they have no one around to call them out on their bullshit.

I mean seriously, the fact that they are so closed off to other opinions is rather pathetic.

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
Tbh, a little, yes. :wacky: I thought I'd get warned, or spoken to by an Admin, but not outright banned for it. IT'S MADNESS. :awesome:

meh... let them think that those kind of things prove Clerith... its the only thing they have anyways...

man I cant wait for the Revised CoT!!!

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I can't wait until ACC now and that spoilered bit that Tennyo refuses to look at. :wacky: Seriously, if they see that they'll shit themselves all "NO IT MEANS NOTHING"

Isabella

Your Mom
I know what you mean, Tenny. They make up a very small percentage of this fandom, and they're given far more attention than they warrant. (Yes, I realize I participate as much as anyone.) And note that I'm not talking about everyone who likes Cloud/Aerith, just the extreme, cultish ones who won't leave their cave and instaban anyone who tries to make them THINK about their position. What percentage of all FF7 fans do you think they make up?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You guys are making it so hard for me to resist. D:

Also I agree, Bella, the vast majority of the fandom doesn't even seem to really care about the LTD because really, it's not the most important aspect of the plot at all.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I didn't think it was all that spoiler worthy tbh.

But yeah, the LTD'ies are maaaybe 30% of the fandom, and that's being generous. With the ti'rith's being split down the middle.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Eh, I see a LOT more Clotis around the interwebs than I see Cleriths.

I would assume that a lot of that is due to the fact that with the various Compilation Pieces - mostly after Crisis Core, Zack/Aerith's & Cloud/Tifa's has been reinforced more strongly. Advent Children does a lot to show that Cloud's grief isn't just that of loving Aerith, it's of loosing someone else really close to him like happened with Zack in a situation that he was powerless to stop.

Also it's a lot easier to make valid points when 2 of them were shown to be in a relationship are now both dead, and Cloud has come to terms with their deaths in ACC, and the other 2 are alive & living together & taking care of 2 kids.
:monster:

X :neo:

Isabella

Your Mom
Exactly. Back when we just had the game, there was a little more room for interpretation. But with each new installment of the compilation, it gets harder and harder to ignore that SE is favoring one interpretation over the other.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'd say the LTD is more 10% rather than 30, which is where it was at its height.

But yes, it's easier to be secure with C/T and Z/A than C/A for a variety of reasons.

Like the good ole short list.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
And want us to believe that Tifa is truly pathetic. The constant praise they lavish on her in her profiles tell a completely different story.

I wonder why the rabid C/A shippers never wonder why SE focuses so much on how awesome Tifa is in everything to do with Cloud? Aerith doesn't get much at all compared to what she does.

Oh wait, the usual rebuttal for that is that SE doesn't know what their story is about anymore. They've only remembered it in their eyes when they show Aerith reflected in Cloud's right eye, or a "ribbon" watching over Cloud as he travels the world. -_-

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Well we could push Zack and Tifa together. Even though they've had practically no involvement with one another, but hey, we've seen crazier things happen. Like that lensflare during Calling that just happens to be a pink ribbon. :wacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom