The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
Reading the pinkers' posts is one of the entertainments for me.
But Channy you are right. They are ruining their pairing. I'm struggling to love Clerith just because of them. Does it really matter that which is canon? You can love a fanon pairing!

And they "stalk" us, we "stalk" them. I believe many of us have accounts on the pink forum including me. I just cannot resist the temptation to be amused.

I once posted to ask one of their Japanese Speakers a question about a Japanese word,then FF_G instantly considered me as Cloti.... luckily, I am not banned or warned.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
And if Cloud went with Tifa, why don't we see any of that in DoC?
Did you even notice that at the ending of DoC Cloud is gone again?
Because... Cloud being in their truck means NOTHING. He lives next door on his own, obviously, despite Nojima telling us he belonged with Tifa, back home in AC. And of course he's gone, he runs a delivery company. What do you expect?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I really used to enjoy Clorith, but now these people... they're like children on the playground who constantly push you down when you try to get up and play with them. For a pink place it's not very friendly.

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
Whoa this is really amusing now... :monster:

"So Cloud will probably live the rest of his life working the delivery service and living in the Seventh Heaven, but Aerith will always be with him. Once Cloud dies, his spirit will enter the Lifestream and be with Aerith for eternity"

I think they watch too many Disney movies...

If we go by the flower = Aerith logic, in the church scene, Cloud stops when he sees the flowers, but when he sees Tifa, they ZOOM IN on his feet trampling the flowers....HA! trampling theeee Lurveeee!!! right?? :monster:

sigh... and I have noticed those Rabid shippers never address Clouds feelings..it all about Aerith...

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
Yeah. And they say something like Aerith does NOT need Cloud in her profile to make her story an interesting one, unlike "someone"

And then Anaster says these profiles were uncanon because it's NOT published by SE.

Why does Aerith's standing in a flower field means that she IS waiting for Cloud? Huh, anyone could explain this ?

Isabella

Your Mom
Virtually all printed work goes through an editor, and as far as I know SE doesn't staff its own editors. So I guess nothing is canon. :)

I don't know where "Aerith is waiting" came from either, DillyDally. It seemed obvious to me she was just observing, unseen. The script even backs this up.

Isabella

Your Mom
That should tell you something right there. If you have to toss out the script to make your pairing work, you'd think an alarm bell would go off. :)

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
Bella,I always regard this scene as a bonus making up for her short appearance in the movie and personally I like it very much cuz she is really beautiful in it.

If she is indeed waiting, then I remember some quote said she was a little sad. Does that mean Cloud did not come to visit her? ^_^

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Bella,I always regard this scene as a bonus making up for her short appearance in the movie and personally I like it very much cuz she is really beautiful in it.

If she is indeed waiting, then I remember some quote said she was a little sad. Does that mean Cloud did not come to visit her? ^_^
It means Tifa didn't come to visit her, because Tifa is obviously the more considerate lover in her vs. Cloud.

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW
I never got the DoC thing with Cloud and Tifa...They often say that Tifa and Barret were together, not Cloud and Tifa (putting aside the fact that they were about to go into battle...and Tifa's attacks are generally short-distance...and she was riding into the battle with a truck so she wouldn't have to run and get trampled by another truck/get exhausted before actually fighting...).

And then they point out Cloud leaves by the end, but I was always under the impression that everyone was looking for Vincent. But businesses still need to be run, people still need to buy food, and it makes sense to have an adult there to watch over Denzel, Marlene, and Shelke, who we may assume is still recovering a bit and is not used to the world. She lived a large majority of her life without real human contact, and it'd make sense for her to freak out in some situations; having someone there to help is logical.

And then, there is the "Why weren't we shown Cloti in DoC, then?" First of all, I never saw Clerith and the game is about Vincent. Not only that, but the overrall game was poorly done and most characters didn't have any focus. Vincent, Lucrecia, Shalua, Shelke, Reeve, and Cait Sith had the most screen time. And when we think about it that way, one's a main character, another is dead/past love interest of said main character, one returns from a minor role in BC, another is new, and another...Well, he was in the original game and since then didn't play much of a role as far as Compilation titles are concerned. And one is controlled by another character and is playable for a little bit.

Sorry, but I just had to rant a bit about that. Clerith can be a really cute fanon pairing, but the people who go overboard with it are really annoying.

Isabella

Your Mom
@DillyDally:
I agree, I do think it was a bonus for the fans, and she does look beautiful. Prettier than in the actual movie, IMO.

That bit about being a little sad comes from the script, and it does not say she's waiting for him. She's just watching him go on about his life. I imagine it would be a little melancholy to have to let go of people you care about and watch them live life without you. That's how I've always interpreted it, anyway. But then she smiles ... because she's happy Cloud has found closure and peace, and is embracing life.

I was always under the impression that everyone was looking for Vincent.
Me too. Doesn't Cloud call Tifa to update her on how the search is going? My memory is a bit fuzzy.

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
And then got deleted and banned. Someone responded with this
As much as I think that they're forum can be quite silly, I don't think they should be trolled/flamed, etc. If they want no Cloti graphics, it's incredibly dumb for them to even 'outlaw' that, as it has no harm into their untainted Clerii pairing, but I don't think it's necessary.

And they "stalk" us, we "stalk" them. I believe many of us have accounts on the pink forum including me. I just cannot resist the temptation to be amused.

I once posted to ask one of their Japanese Speakers a question about a Japanese word,then FF_G instantly considered me as Cloti.... luckily, I am not banned or warned.
How interesting....

Not even Aerith! It's about them. Winning. Trampling teh rabid ebul Clotis. ^^
The Clotiz shall die.

Yeah. And they say something like Aerith does NOT need Cloud in her profile to make her story an interesting one, unlike "someone"

And then Anaster says these profiles were uncanon because it's NOT published by SE.

Why does Aerith's standing in a flower field means that she IS waiting for Cloud? Huh, anyone could explain this ?
Um, what? Who the hell said that? That Aerith doesn't need Cloud to make her story interesting? Lolwat? Everyone's story is circled around Cloud, goddamnit.

And if that's the case, then we're to say that we win all the debates, because they can't use any of their support.

That bit about being a little sad comes from the script, and it does not say she's waiting for him. She's just watching him go on about his life. I imagine it would be a little melancholy to have to let go of people you care about and watch them live life without you. That's how I've always interpreted it, anyway. But then she smiles ... because she's happy Cloud has found closure and peace, and is embracing life.
That's what I assumed too. If they're to say that they 'meet,' for some flower lovin', then where in the world does it even indicate that they have met, when we see Cloud driving away from her?

Blergh. Just let them be.

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW
@DillyDally:
Me too. Doesn't Cloud call Tifa to update her on how the search is going? My memory is a bit fuzzy.

I rewatched the English version. In that, Yuffie rushes in to talk to Tifa and asks if she's heard from Cloud. Tifa has, but Cloud hasn't found anything. So, we don't see it, but we knows he has.

So, obviously they still talk to each other and Cloud isn't avoiding phone calls. We can't expect Cloud and Tifa to both stop working to look for Vincent for however long. They're providing for two kids and possibly Shelke. She doesn't look her real age, and has lots of catching up to do, as well as accepting her sister being gone and getting used to interacting with people. I don't know how/where else she'd be living :monster:

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&
Um, what? Who the hell said that? That Aerith doesn't need Cloud to make her story interesting? Lolwat? Everyone's story is circled around Cloud, goddamnit.

AerisStrife! and she/he also says Aerith loves Cloud too much more than Tifa so she does not need him in her profile.

Man, logic!

A

Great Old One
:demands:

Sad, but if that really floats their boat, let them be lol. I guess they'll need to come up with a whole new explanation if ACC comes out and all they see is... well, Cloti.

But anyways....

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Ahhhh! That is seriously hilarious, Ali. Lookit all dem ponies. :3

(Why do they always look like they are trying to seduce you, though? :()

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
Because in reality, Sephiroth is Ronald McDonald. And the ponies just love McDonalds.

Sepheronald.jpg

Anyways.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
My Little Ponies are awesome. Too bad Sephiroth is only surrounded by G3's, though. Should have been a heard of G1's, with no fugly G2 sticking it's fugly little head out in the back. [/nerd]

How does Aerith have anything to do with Case of Denzel?

In Case of Tifa, Cloud found Denzel right outside of the church and then commented to Tifa later on that he thinks that Aerith might have brought the boy to him, which he sees as a chance for redemption. Tifa then comments that she thinks that Aerith brought Denzel to the both of them. Cloud smiles when Tifa says this. Perhaps this is what they are talking about? I mean...maybe?

I launched into that explanation with the whole thing making sense in my head but now that I've written it out it no longer does. If the OVA is all flashbacks from Denzel's perspective then he won't really know Aerith, will he? Nor will he see Cloud and Tifa's conversation that I described above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom