The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

A

Great Old One
I think she is a mix of girly and tomboyish, but I don't think her tomboyish side of her would get in the way of revealing her feelings for him... I mean, girly girls do that too sometimes. They're giddy over telling the truth about their crushes, lol.

And yes, she's sexy too. :monster:

Cloudtail4ever

The shy n' quiet one :P
Well...that's a load of crap.
Sure, Tifa was a last minute character, but how was she decided on? By the creators choosing to kill off Aerith.
I dunno about you people, but that says something to me. And if the creators hadn't liked her, would they've made her so important in later titles?

Craaaaaaaaaap...late post, I was referring to what Ali said in the spoiler

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I've met plenty of nice Clerith fans as well, it's just a shame that there are such crazy ones over at CxA. =/ Sadly also, they are usually the only ones who come to LTD -on the rare occasions when they're not hiding-, and then they evade your questions with more questions, or ignore your post completely.

Also, nothing logical is ever presented.

It's funny, almost always, the hero and the heroine have to fall in love at some point in the story...

Locke and Celes would like to have a word with you! -shakes fist-

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Tifa wasn't a last minute character, nor was she decided 'by the creators deciding to kill of Aerith'

The creation of Tifa came about at the same stage- EARLY STAGE- of development, but was not the 'Kill Aerith bring in Tifa' establishment people think it was.

Seriously, if Tifa was last minute, then what the hell are Cid and Cait who appear in fewer FMVs than she does, to say nothing of optional characters Vincent and Yuffie.

This 'last minute character' nonsense is tiring.

Addendum: As would Cecil and Rosa. Prestory ain't good enough for ya?

Cloudtail4ever

The shy n' quiet one :P
Tifa wasn't a last minute character, nor was she decided 'by the creators deciding to kill of Aerith'

The creation of Tifa came about at the same stage- EARLY STAGE- of development, but was not the 'Kill Aerith bring in Tifa' establishment people think it was.

Seriously, if Tifa was last minute, then what the hell are Cid and Cait who appear in fewer FMVs than she does, to say nothing of optional characters Vincent and Yuffie.

This 'last minute character' nonsense is tiring.

Addendum: As would Cecil and Rosa. Prestory ain't good enough for ya?

Ah, okay. Sorry. I remember reading somewhere that she was last minute, and it was decided she was created when they decided Aerith would be killed. Just another one of those times which proves I believe too much I read :whistle:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Well, she was sort of last minute during pre-production, right? They did decide to kill Aerith and bring her out. I guess they must have fleshed out a lot of things before making Tifa. XDDD

I DID MY RESEARCH I AM PROUD :awesomonster:

...as such, I can't see Aerith with Tifa's character. D: If she had Tifa's character, I probably wouldn't like her if she retained her healer self too. It would be too typical? I dunno.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Concerning Tifa vs Aerith in importance, I read (albeit a while ago) that neither was a late addition. They had initially planned on having two heroines, but decided it was too messy and thought of killing one off. Unfortunately, mine had to go. ;_;

As for Tifa being a tomboy, I don't think she is. If she were, she'd be wearing mens baggy shirts to hide those massive tits of hers, not showcasing them. :monster: Tomboys traditionally hate their boobs.

And concerning the nice Cleriths out there.. Well.. You all have me. :awesome:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Yeah, nice, and more importantly not insane and hostile. Go you! :)

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
That's weird. XDDD We must have had different sources. I, for one, don't remember where I read this from. :monster: I read that they only had Aerith at first, then during a phone conversation decided to kill her off and bring out Tifa, which gave FF7 two heroines. I was thinking that Aerith was actually split in half and the other was Tifa. Aerith was the healer, Cetra half that died, and Tifa was the initial Aerith personality and Cloud devotion.

IDK I'm a n00b to the franchise. XDDDD But if this were the case, what about Zack? Does this mean the real LT was dead!Zackxinitial!AerithxCloud? Did they make Zack before splitting Aerith? D:

Also, I think both are important. Tifa is heroine to Cloud, while Aerith is heroine to the Planet. :lol:

And isn't Yuffie supposed to be the tomboy? LOL I've always had this impression that Tifa is a classy woman with badass martial arts kickassery. :awesomonster: And Tifa has teh boobs 8D

I think there are many nice Cleriths around in general forums. Because, well, it's not a Clerith focused forum. LOL

NICE TO MEET YOU, NICE CLERITH!!! I'm a nice Cloti! ...I think. :awesome:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I had heard that Tifa as created because after it was decided that Aerith was supposed to die there would only be one girl left in the party, and she was optional. So they decided to have another heroine to share the spotlight, and in the process gave her a really huge role.

Don't know if any of that is true, mind you.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Clearly we've all heard different things. Now we just need an interview or some shiz to prove one of us right.

Also

OMFG HAAAAII CLOTI PERSON, I'MA NICE CLERITH, HOW ARE YOU?1 <3

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Concerning Tifa vs Aerith in importance, I read (albeit a while ago) that neither was a late addition. They had initially planned on having two heroines, but decided it was too messy and thought of killing one off. Unfortunately, mine had to go. ;_;

From what I remember, the original script from Sakaguchi had two heroes, neither of whom was Cloud, and they were on the run from the police in New York.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
From what I remember, the original script from Sakaguchi had two heroes, neither of whom was Cloud, and they were on the run from the police in New York.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHUT :lol:

...wait, are you serious? O__o;; I mean...really?

Clearly we've all heard different things. Now we just need an interview or some shiz to prove one of us right.

Also

OMFG HAAAAII CLOTI PERSON, I'MA NICE CLERITH, HOW ARE YOU?1 <3

XDDDD I wonder where all these came from then. I should start looking for wherever I found my info. XDDD

ZOMG HAAAALLOOOOOOOOO!!!!11 I AM FINE!!3 AND YOU??!!1 LOL U KNOW WHAT I LIKE CLOTI LOL

:awesome: All caps!

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well I heard that the original script involved a detective named Sam chasing after some dude who was setting off bombs all over New York and eventually Sam and the other dude would join forces.

True story. :monster:

And hey at least the bombing part stayed. :P

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I heard similar to that too. It's actually on Wikipedia, but I didn't know it was set to be New York. o_O

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yup. New York eventually became Midgar. :)

And good thing, too. Can you imagine the reaction FFVII would get in the US after 9/11? Compilation would be dead.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I didn't know SE wanted to set games in irl places like that. That's so weird. What would have been....

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Heck if I remember it was a long time ago. lol

There has to be someone here with a link to the interview. Always is...

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Tetsuya Nomura recalled how Sakaguchi "wanted to do something like a detective story". The first part of the story involved a character named "Hot Blooded Detective Joe" who was in pursuit of the main characters. The main characters managed to blow up the city of Midgar, which had already been developed for the story

Nomura recalled the creation of the game's plot, which was originally written by Hironobu Sakaguchi, now of Mistwalker. Nomura, who claims to still have a copy of the plot, noted how "completely different" it is from the final version. "I think he wanted to do something like a detective story? There was a character called Hot Blooded Detective Joe."

The Midgar city was already in place at this point. The early part of the story that was written by Sakaguchi involved Detective Joe chasing after the main characters, who then blow up the city.

TENNYO LIES It was always Midgar.

<_< Hot blodded Detective Joe.. lols

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh yeah, Joe, why the flip was I thinking it was Sam?

And I swear I read an interview that said it was New York...

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
Man.. why do the rabid Cleri think that Tifa was a last minute addition and that Cloud and Aerith were the original couple?

ummm.. wasn't stated that one ORIGINAL idea was Aerith would be in love with Sephiroth.... and something about a past love? The past love thing was always there with Aerith right?

why do people make things up? when there are interviews RIGHT THERE!!

unless there is an interview I missed? >_>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom