The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calenlass

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Cal mostly everyone, Calenlass_Greenleaf for fanfic, calen_greenleaf for LJ
Midgul? o.o The middle of a 1.
a large octagonal design derived from the shape of a rose, a motif on Oriental rugs. 2. a flower, esp. a rose.
:P

*coughs* Haven't read the entire thread, but from what I can gather...

I don't think anyone will come to an agreeing conclusion on whether it's Clerith or Cloti (I personally am a Cloti fan, though), not unless SE has the final say. But it's interesting to see the posted ideas in this thread, nonetheless.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I'd disagree, actually, and say the majority will come to a conclusion, and a very adamant minority will ignore that very obvious conclusion.

Or rather, did.

Yeah, I went there.

What ya gonna do about it, pinkers?

Nothing, that's what.

You don't have the cojones to discuss this in a fair setting. You don't even have the cojones to discuss this in a setting you control.

And yes, this post is intended to provoke you into coming out to play since you're watching.

Anyways, Hello there Calenass, SE has had the final say. There's no need for a press conference for it, just as there wasn't for FFs 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, and sundry side stories.

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Don't poke the bear Ryu. Or they'll come after you where you can't protect yourself... IN YOUR DREAMS.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Don't poke the bear Ryu. Or they'll come after you where you can't protect yourself... IN YOUR DREAMS.
Freddie Klerith? You betta believe. :wacky:

A

Great Old One
Man.. why do the rabid Cleri think that Tifa was a last minute addition and that Cloud and Aerith were the original couple?
Actually, Cloud and Aerith were the original couple, but that was just a concept that the designer Amano created up for the two. And then when he dropped out of the project, out popped Nomura and out came Amano from the Final Fantasy VII project.

Oh wait, Cloud is always called Chocobo head by fans. It's just more SE symborism for Clerith! <3
I hate it so much when people bring up symbolism in debates. The ribbon, the fish, the flowers... it's just all too much. :catfight:

And I just realized the movie comes out very, very soon. Who else is super hyped and excited? :excited:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu

They're welcome to come after me in my dreams. I shall sic Cthulu on them.

Alise, I've never seen anything that suggests Amano designed them as a couple, since HE NEVER DESIGNED THE FF7 CHARACTERS. He only drew illustrations of them.
Further, he's drawn numerous non couples together before and after as well.

Also, Nemo the 'Koi' AKA Clownfish. That is somehow Aerith's spirit, despite appearing before she dies if you go to Forgotten capital at the wrong time.
Desful was certainly 'full' of something.

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm excited. Tomorrow morning at 10 am will be midnight for Japan (yes I know this, shut up). w00t!!!!!!

A

Great Old One
Really? Homg, then at eight o' clock AM tomorrow for me it'll be midnight for Japan. :excited: The moment the spoilers come out, I'm reading 'em. :3

Alise, I've never seen anything that suggests Amano designed them as a couple, since HE NEVER DESIGNED THE FF7 CHARACTERS. He only drew illustrations of them.
The reason I say this is based off the pictures.

s320x240

I doubt that he would draw them in those positions unless he intended them to be a couple. Of course, not that it matters, as he was only an illustrator for the game. He dropped out of the project. So no Amano = no drawings. His drawings don't even count.

Further, he's drawn numerous non couples together before and after as well.
In positions like those...? I'm just looking based off the pictures.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Also, Nemo the 'Koi' AKA Clownfish. That is somehow Aerith's spirit, despite appearing before she dies if you go to Forgotten capital at the wrong time.
Desful was certainly 'full' of something.
Not only that, but it proved that Clerith was canon because Samurai suitors would give their fiancee's koi to show their intentions. A koi fish being at the Forgotten Capital proves Cloud must have given Aerith a fish and asked to marry her while she was alive. Or something.

:awesome:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Giving new meaning to "KOI                                       bito" I guess :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think Ryushikaze is telling epic truth, calling them out.

Why the fuck is The Northern Crater closed anyways? That's pretty lame in and of itself. Isn't that owned or maintained by some pinkers there, anyways? :monster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Alise, have you seen how he drew Squall and Selphie, Yuna and Seymour, Yuna and Brother, Aerith and SEPHIROTH, Cloud and Red, etc. etc. etc?

Besides, at least one of those is Aerith being kerdead. And looks like he's about to stab her anyways.

Besides, as I said, he's only the IMAGE ILLUSTRATOR. Even IF he drew them like that with the intent to cast them as a couple, his works are not part of the design process. If they were, he would be credited as a designer as well as illustrator, as he was for FFIX.

A

Great Old One
Fish makes me think of vagina.
That's pretty scary.

Why the fuck is The Northern Crater closed anyways? That's pretty lame in and of itself. Isn't that owned or maintained by some pinkers there, anyways? :monster:
A friend of mine who posts there (who is epic by the way. Aud, if you can see this, please fucking reply. o_o), says because apparently all the Clotis were ganging about on the Cleriths. Which, of course, last year at the NC, it was a Clerith dominated forum. Then after the Clotis joined and started debating all the Cleriths, they stopped because apparently the Clotis were 'jumping at 'em,' (of course, the real reason is because they had NO answer to the debates, and they can't debate), so only one was left to debate. And some Cleriths even went so far to saying that they had saved it on Word, and would 'debate later,' but they were just too busy doing stuff in their real lives, whilst they talked shit about us in the venting thread there. :awesomonster: Thus, because it was 'unfair,' that there was only one Clerith against all zeh rabid Clotis, they decided to close it and make up some excuse about how it was only till ACC comes out, when you can clearly see (from past posts of theirs) that they closed it because they can't debate with us, because they have no answers for us.

At least, I think that's the answer. Probably is.

I should tell crackit to come here, damn it. She was the one who posted there the most.

Alise, have you seen how he drew Squall and Selphie, Yuna and Seymour, Yuna and Brother, Aerith and SEPHIROTH, Cloud and Red, etc. etc. etc?
No, I didn't see, which is why I said, "in positions like those...?" Clearly in the pictures, it looks as though Cloud is holding Aerith in his arms, and that usually can be associated with something romantic. In the other pictures, then I asked, do they do the same things like the ones shown with Cloud and Aerith? Because I have no idea.

Besides, as I said, he's only the IMAGE ILLUSTRATOR. Even IF he drew them like that with the intent to cast them as a couple, his works are not part of the design process. If they were, he would be credited as a designer as well as illustrator, as he was for FFIX.
I know that, which is why I said that Amano didn't even count for the game anyways. I hope you don't think that I actually believe in those pictures, as they are of no use as of now.

Giving new meaning to "KOI bito" I guess :monster:
Yes, because Koibito actually means Fish-somethin'. :awesomonster:

Last edited:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Until finally, Copernicus figured out the current elliptical orbit theory, and this theory better fit the data, better accounted for the data without need for assumptions, it was, in short, more parsimonious.

Copernicus' model challenged the geocentric view of the universe, but still kept the planetary orbits as spheres. It was Johannes Kepler who hit upon the elliptical orbits about seventy years after Copernicus' Revolutionibus was published.

So, in this case, the C/A canon case is the Ptolemic astronomical model, and all the explanations they offer to explain away the chinks in their arguments are the epicycles.

So which side of the LTD is the equivalent of the Christian church of the dark ages? ;)

No, I didn't see, which is why I said, "in positions like those...?" Clearly in the pictures, it looks as though Cloud is holding Aerith in his arms, and that usually can be associated with something romantic.

She looks dead in that picture. It may have been an illustration of Aerith's burial scene.

A

Great Old One
She looks dead in that picture. It may have been an illustration of Aerith's burial scene.
True, but I don't think at that time they had planned to kill off Aerith, because there was no Nomura at that point... I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong, sorry about it. :huh:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I really wonder if the Northern Crater will open once ACC comes out. Hmmmmm......

I guess we'll see in like two days. :monster:

Part of me wants to join now.

Isabella

Your Mom
It's not just ACC they're waiting for. It's updated ultimania translations. And OTWTAS translations. etc.

In other words, don't hold your breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom