The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calenlass

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Cal mostly everyone, Calenlass_Greenleaf for fanfic, calen_greenleaf for LJ
I'd disagree, actually, and say the majority will come to a conclusion, and a very adamant minority will ignore that very obvious conclusion.

Or rather, did.

Yeah, I went there.

What ya gonna do about it, pinkers?

Nothing, that's what.

You don't have the cojones to discuss this in a fair setting. You don't even have the cojones to discuss this in a setting you control.

And yes, this post is intended to provoke you into coming out to play since you're watching.

Anyways, Hello there Calenass, SE has had the final say. There's no need for a press conference for it, just as there wasn't for FFs 4, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12, and sundry side stories.

I'm not easily provoked, though.

Am I going to do anything? Nah. I'm a lurker by nature.
I can't debate to save my life. My statement was meant to merely serve as an observation after one week of browsing through the thread.
And, hello to you, too. ;)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Calen, you are not who that was intended to provoke. It was intended to provoke the Pinkers.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
If my memory serves me (and if Bent Stuff didn't screw up the editing lol) I think I remember reading that they had originally planned to kill of Barret but then decided that he would be too obvious. Or something. lol

And suddenly I am assaulted by images of Cloud lowering Barret's body in the water at the Forgotten Capital.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I've gotta say that most people that are Clerith stretch symbolism WAY far.

Poser?

I'm like the queen bee of Cloti. Secreting a delicious honey of lies for my worker Cloti minions.

I'm going to leave you with that image.

And as a Clorith, with massive sympolism potential, I can take that sentence 12 steps further than it's meant to be. :wacky:

Symborism only works if you can be sure the staff meant for those things to be symbolic. Just because something happens to be a symbol (or vaguely/strenuously relates to one, like the pink ribbon/red thread of fate), doesn't mean they intended it to mean that.

I don't think Japanese symbolism can't play a part, but sometimes maybe a ribbon is just a ribbon.

Nay, symbolism works whenever the individual finds something vaguely familiar and decides to take it deep into the depths of interpretation. Stripping and attaching words and phrases and other "symbols" until it no longer actually represents what it was supposed to originally.

It is the way of the Cloriths.

I think the pink ribbon/red thread of fate... is just a bit too far. I mean, technically, if we're going to get into symbolism with the ribbon, wouldn't Zack and Aerith have far more of a deeper meaning with the ribbon than Cloud and Aerith? There's not even a mention of Cloud and the ribbon, unless you count him wearing the pink ribbon on his arm, in dedication to Aerith - but the whole team was wearing it too, so that can't necessarily count as romantic. :huh:

The pink ribbin is more of a reference to Zack. So if Zack was giving out pink ribbons to everyone, does that mean that Cloud was riding through the flowerfield to meet Zack?

Clack anyone? :awesome:

Also, when I watched the ending and Calling, I never once thought it to be a pink ribbon. Does that make me a bad Clorith? =/

But that doesn't matter, because she changes it. In a 'you don't see or hear about it, you can't say it doesn't happen' scene.

Of course. Like the same way that you don't see Cloud and Aerith interacting in DoC but she's mentioned in his bio. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
The pink ribbin is more of a reference to Zack. So if Zack was giving out pink ribbons to everyone, does that mean that Cloud was riding through the flowerfield to meet Zack?

Clack anyone? :awesome:

Also, when I watched the ending and Calling, I never once thought it to be a pink ribbon. Does that make me a bad Clorith? =/

THAT'S WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY. CLACK IS CANON EVEN A CLORITH LIKE YOU GIVING PROOFZ!!!! STOP THIS NONSENSE LTD AND JOIN MY SIDE :monster:

...and yes, you're a bad Clorith. :( I'm sorry to break it to you. Wanna be Clack with me now? :)

A

Great Old One
Because Zack was the only one that made Cloud happy. You know, Cloud gets depressed whenever Aerith gets hurt and feels a lot of guilt, then there's all that weight down with Tifa. Zack is the best answer. :awesomonster:

Okay, but anyways - that doesn't make you a bad Clerith. o_o To tell you the truth, I don't think most Cleriths (who have read that site or have found info. on the ribbon) even thought of it as to being related, until they looked at that. There are times when symbolism is just taken too far, to be honest. And then there are times when the obvious facts are there, and yet, nothing is stated about that. o_o The ribbon being regarded as in relation to Zack and Aerith seems to confirm though... that it's for Zack and Aerith.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Clack ftw everyone. :monster:

I like to look for symbolism but usually stuff I like to take to heart I often don't find on my own. I don't look for shit like that. >_> I DID see the Calling Ending as a sort of reunited and it feels so good kind of ending for Clorith. I saw it like "Well he saw her in the church, maybe he'll go look for her." or "Maybe he's taking a drive and happens upon her by chance." I saw it as a good tie up for them. Nothing like "ZOMG she came back from the dead for Cloud, and pink ribbons everywhere in this field of flowers!!!"

And that photofinish after Calling and the credits, with the flowers next to the photographs? Totally missed that too. but they aren't even Aerith's flowers. Her's are yellow tulips and those were daisies. DIFFERENCES PPL, DON'T YOU SEE THEM?

A

Great Old One
Or how this is Aerith's flower:

LogoDetail5-1.jpg

:monster: Erm, okay. If people were logical, I doubt they'd add in a little flower there in the logo of Final Fantasy VII for it to represent a character. It's a LOGO, god damnit.

A

Great Old One
Ooh, update!

I can't see it... I have to squint to see what the person was originally saying when I click on the thumbnail... hmm.

Although they do make fun of Cleriths, the site is pretty amusing to see what people will do to make their pairing official/canon/blah. And I think it's been shown in this thread before. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The thing about the logo, though, is that it might be a flower. It looks like one of those bilogy square things that SE is putting all over the AC artwork but it almost looks to be in the shape of a flower. Before AC came out the staff was saying that there was a hint at the cure for geostigma hidden in the logo, or a hint for the climax what something that would save the day. Aerith's rain? But not a Clerith reference. lol

Also everyone knows about DesFailed. I sometimes feel like I shouldn't read it and that it's kind of immature yet at the same time whenever I do read it I really can't help but find it amusing. :P

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
I wonder what their (rabids) reaction was to that scene in LO.....what did they say about it? You know the one where Cloud caresses Tifas face?

A

Great Old One
But not a Clerith reference. lol
This.

Also everyone knows about DesFailed. I sometimes feel like I shouldn't read it and that it's kind of immature yet at the same time whenever I do read it I really can't help but find it amusing.
I agree, but it is most definitely amusing to see. :3

I wonder what their (rabids) reaction was to that scene in LO.....what did they say about it? You know the one where Cloud caresses Tifas face?
That's easy.

"It's in the past."

:monster:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Also everyone knows about DesFailed. I sometimes feel like I shouldn't read it and that it's kind of immature yet at the same time whenever I do read it I really can't help but find it amusing. :P

I didn't know about it until today; I feel left out :(

A

Great Old One
Well, there's a... hand reaching scene to which he reaches out everyone's hands to everyone... *shrugs*

I can't see it, Kelly20. It say's the file is not found. Can you copy and paste?

I didn't know about it until today; I feel left out :(
You should read all of the articles then, it's amusing. I didn't know till about the beginning of this January, so no worries there. :awesomonster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
So umm.. I'm looking at that logo and the circled bit... htf is that supposed to be a flower? Seriously explain to me, I don't see it.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
You should read all of the articles then, it's amusing. I didn't know till about the beginning of this January, so no worries there. :awesomonster:

That's actually one thing I've been doing over the last couple of hours. :awesome:

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
Well, there's a... hand reaching scene to which he reaches out everyone's hands to everyone... *shrugs*

I can't see it, Kelly20. It say's the file is not found. Can you copy and paste?

he didn't caress her during the hand reach scene silly :monster:

http://flaregamer.com/b2article.php?p=109&more=1
its the 3rd pic on the right

Last edited:

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
Kelly, do you mean the one with Cloud standing on the bed? That was a deleted scene.

LOL ... he is standing on the bed huh?

well he is wearing the original outfit.. I was wondering where it came from.. but its a deleted scene...

thanks for telling meee :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom