The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

A

Great Old One
I really wonder if the Northern Crater will open once ACC comes out. Hmmmmm......
Well, if it's implied as Cloti, then I doubt it'll open again. Of course though, a few of them can be a bit close-minded, even after watching the movie and reading the lines, KOIBITO, so if there's no official confirmation, I'm guessing that it will be open again. Though, I remember seeing the thread about the April's Fool Joke you guys pulled there, and they were using that as proof I think. Until, you know, they realized it was a joke. And like Isabella said, I think they're waiting till the Ultimania translations, etc. comes out. So unless we get that, I don't think it'll be open for awhile.

And actually, I don't think it'll be open until the American release of ACC comes out. It states so in their Board Offline Message, I think.

Part of me wants to join now.
YOU SHOULD.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
True, but I don't think at that time they had planned to kill off Aerith, because there was no Nomura at that point... I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong, sorry about it. :huh:

...Nomura was always on FF7. Nomura was doing partial design work for FF6. He did Shadow and Setzer. Amano was never actively a 'designer' for FF7, like he was for 1-6 and 9.

And thanks for the correction, Shadow. I thought I might be forgetting something, but CnBA to check.

A

Great Old One
...Nomura was always on FF7. Nomura was doing partial design work for FF6. He did Shadow and Setzer. Amano was never actively a 'designer' for FF7, like he was for 1-6 and 9.
Wait... I thought he had replaced Amano. Not the best source, I think, but:

Nomura did not gain recognition until 1995, when Square asked him to be the character designer for Final Fantasy VII to replace Yoshitaka Amano, the series' original character designer.

Rinoa

Stargazer
AKA
Selene, Sheila
True, but I don't think at that time they had planned to kill off Aerith, because there was no Nomura at that point... I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong, sorry about it. :huh:

I don't know how/where you got that assumption but that artwork was completed in 1997, long after the development - which involved Nomura from the start in like 1995.

Not only is Cloud blonde, the scenerio depictions in the rest of the FF7 art by Amano is of things that happened in the final game. Like Cloud and Aerith in the playground.

A

Great Old One
I don't know how/where you got that assumption but that artwork was completed in 1997, long after the development - which involved Nomura from the start in like 1995.

Not only is Cloud blonde, the scenerio depictions in the rest of the FF7 art by Amano is of things that happened in the final game. Like Cloud and Aerith in the playground.
Wait, so Amano was still in the project at 1997? That artwork is by Amano, right...? Then would that mean he hadn't dropped out of the project?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Wait... I thought he had replaced Amano. Not the best source, I think, but:

Nomura did not gain recognition until 1995, when Square asked him to be the character designer for Final Fantasy VII to replace Yoshitaka Amano, the series' original character designer.
I think Ryu's trying to say that he's always been working with Square. :wacky:

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
Next time I go to the NC debate thing.. I am going to ask

find me one quote similar to this in regards to Cloud

"Zack and Aerith meet by chance in a church in the Slums. They become intimate with each other"

Rinoa

Stargazer
AKA
Selene, Sheila
Wait, so Amano was still in the project at 1997? That artwork is by Amano, right...? Then would that mean he hadn't dropped out of the project?

He's not constantly "working on the projects" nor does he "drop out". He has also never dictated anything storywise.

Think of him as a freelancer who does artwork for many things on different mediums.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Nomura was with Square since, IIRC, FF5, and replaced Amano as designer when work on FFVII began.

Amano had previously worked with (but not technically for, IIRC) Square in the role of Character designer for FFs 1-6, with Nomura also designing monsters and two characters for 6 before taking over the reigns entirely.
He has not stopped working with Square, he is simply providing illustrations rather than concept designs now.

Also, Rinoa is right about him never dictating anything storwise. His FF3 designs show a character who never appears in the game, nevermind resembling any of the Onion Knights at all.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Yes, because Koibito actually means Fish-somethin'. :awesomonster:
It's slang to refer to fish-mutant people.

Don't you people know anything?

Oh wait, I forgot you're all filthy bullheaded Clotis :awesome:

I'm excited. Tomorrow morning at 10 am will be midnight for Japan (yes I know this, shut up). w00t!!!!!!
I was about to correct you that it's actually 3pm, but that's just for GMT :monster:

But I know people in Japan, so it helps to know what time it is (and for wondering when shops there will send me stuff :monster:)

On the note of people I know, I once got rolled eyes from someone (FFG?) when I said I'd asked Japanese people stuff. "So everyone has Japanese friends now :rolls:"

Never mind the whole speaking the language deal and my apparent lack of rights to Japanese acquaintances. More the 'why don't you roll eye at every Cleris fan who suddenly comes up with how her Japanese tutor/friend/relative told them exactly what you wanted to hear?'

Then I realised I answered my own question that the end there :awesomonster:

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
It's slang to refer to fish-mutant people.

Don't you people know anything?

Oh wait, I forgot you're all filthy bullheaded Clotis :awesome:
You're the one giving us the fake translations, you Cloti poser you. :awesomonster:

Rinoa, Ryu, thank you, I get it now.

Rinoa

Stargazer
AKA
Selene, Sheila
Then I realised I answered my own question that the end there :awesomonster:

True say. True say.

My older bro is shopping in Nippon rite now, he's planning getting ACC just for FF13. Most of my friends/relatives in Japan are same, they don't care about FF7 but want the demo.

Hell, they never even heard of ACC and still don't know what it is - other than that the FF13 demo is in it. They would have bought McGrands if the burgers had demos inside.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Lulz, ACC being the Zone of the Enders of FF.

You're the one giving us the fake translations, you Cloti poser you. :awesomonster:
Poser?

I'm like the queen bee of Cloti. Secreting a delicious honey of lies for my worker Cloti minions.

I'm going to leave you with that image.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm like the queen bee of Cloti. Secreting a delicious honey of lies for my worker Cloti minions.

...wow... So... Um... Yeah.

I've gotta say that most people that are Clerith stretch symbolism WAY far.

X :neo:

A

Great Old One

Damn honey influencing us all.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Symborism only works if you can be sure the staff meant for those things to be symbolic. Just because something happens to be a symbol (or vaguely/strenuously relates to one, like the pink ribbon/red thread of fate), doesn't mean they intended it to mean that.

I don't think Japanese symbolism can't play a part, but sometimes maybe a ribbon is just a ribbon.

A

Great Old One
I think the pink ribbon/red thread of fate... is just a bit too far. I mean, technically, if we're going to get into symbolism with the ribbon, wouldn't Zack and Aerith have far more of a deeper meaning with the ribbon than Cloud and Aerith? There's not even a mention of Cloud and the ribbon, unless you count him wearing the pink ribbon on his arm, in dedication to Aerith - but the whole team was wearing it too, so that can't necessarily count as romantic. :huh:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster

If my memory serves me (and if Bent Stuff didn't screw up the editing lol) I think I remember reading that they had originally planned to kill of Barret but then decided that he would be too obvious. Or something. lol

I really wonder if the Northern Crater will open once ACC comes out. Hmmmmm......

I guess we'll see in like two days. :monster:

Part of me wants to join now.

They're waiting for the North American release, so that means it probably won't open up again until June. :hohum:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Technically, it should be a thread connecting two people. Cloud, before AC, had no connection with the ribbon. AC gave him one, but also gave everyone else the same one. Then CC links Zack, her first love, with it.

But that doesn't matter, because she changes it. In a 'you don't see or hear about it, you can't say it doesn't happen' scene.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah because the animation and lighting being different had nothing to do with the ribbon's color looking off.

That and the fact that she's had it for five years. :wacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom