Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Aerith
"Right, with Cloud."

Tifa
"Oh....."

I had forgotten about that. Aerith is perfect though so, I must be satan for thinking otherwise. :offended: I still like Aerith a lot, but I felt she could be insensitive/naive at times. This is a perfect example.

Both girls have their strengths and weaknesses. I really hate Tifa vs Aerith wars. =/

Rinoa

Stargazer
AKA
Selene, Sheila
It's only a e-war when clerith symborism and demeaning women becomes involved...

I just realized something though, throughout the compilation Cloud and Tifa are always put in bedrooms or sleeping together...

FF7
-7th heaven hideout (complete with "sleeping next to you"
-the shinra holding cells (i hope nobody had to go bathroom)
-I think they wake up in an inn or two together before a cutscene
-platonic night of highwind rejection

AC/ACC
-the 69 in the church
-then in the kid's bedroom

someone prs add to this list.. i bet there is more

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
It's only a e-war when clerith symborism and demeaning women becomes involved...

I just realized something though, throughout the compilation Cloud and Tifa are always put in bedrooms or sleeping together...

FF7
-7th heaven hideout (complete with "sleeping next to you"
-the shinra holding cells (i hope nobody had to go bathroom)
-I think they wake up in an inn or two together before a cutscene
-platonic night of highwind rejection

AC/ACC
-the 69 in the church
-then in the kid's bedroom

someone prs add to this list.. i bet there is more

Well there's that sleeping scene in Case of Tifa :monster:

EDIT: Lunar beat me to it

A

Great Old One
I had forgotten about that. Aerith is perfect though so, I must be satan for thinking otherwise. I still like Aerith a lot, but I felt she could be insensitive/naive at times. This is a perfect example.

Both girls have their strengths and weaknesses. I really hate Tifa vs Aerith wars. =/
Case in point. BOTH girls can be insensitive at times, let's not forget.

This is true. :monster: Very unromantic of them to do that. :3

Restless

That One Person
AKA
WAW
CoT?

-"Do you love me?" etc.

That reminds me; I was always was annoyed by how they treated the relationship between Cloud and Tifa in CoT. For me, I only saw a couple struggling and Tifa seriously beginning to doubt herself. The relationship was strained and it was taking a toll on both of them. It seemed like one of those times in a relationship where the couple needs to decide how they are going to fix things and if they are both willing to try hard enough to make it work, even if it feels like nothing is going right. That's how I intrepreted it.

But then I hear people saying that they can't really love each other because Tifa is so unsure, that their strained relationship is proof that it's not working. But haven't those people ever heard of relationships where couples had to work hard to pull through? Relationships aren't just rainbows, sugar, and pink. It takes work, and courage, and sometimes people doubt themselves! But when a couple can pull through itg, it just shows how true they are, and they can look back at those times and cherish each other! Obviously by the end of AC/ACC, this is what happened with Cloud and Tifa.

Sorry for that mini-rant, but it always got really annoying to hear people use CoT as proof that Cloud and Tifa didn't love each other over and over...But on another note, Tifa and Cloud are constantly being shown in the same bedroom. I never noticed that.

A

Great Old One
Exactly, Restless. Relationships aren't perfect, and neither is Cloud and Tifa's. The fact that she even asked, "Do you love me," initiates that there's a relationship of some sort at least going on. And it wasn't only Tifa having issues with Cloud, it was with the whole family itself - she was struggling with the meaning of family, and herself. It's not like she was struggling with Cloud only. People seem to forget this. And I would have to say, it'd be hella of a boring relationship if it was perfect all the time.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
What do you consider Tifa acting insensitive, A? I always pegged her issue as the opposite- not able to step on toes even when she probably should, except when she's really pushed.

A

Great Old One
I don't consider anything that Tifa does as insensitive, but there are reasons to which why other people interpret as why she was insensitive towards Cloud. I'm not going to give any examples as I don't believe of them to be cold, but nevertheless, both females hold flaws, not only Tifa.

Isabella

Your Mom
I would consider that more a fault in the interpretation, not a fault of Tifa's. Thought I agree Tifa has her faults, insensitivity certainly isn't one of them.

A

Great Old One
I would consider that more a fault in the interpretation, not a fault of Tifa's. Thought I agree Tifa has her faults, insensitivity certainly isn't one of them.
You're wrong there, she completely 'ignored' him in their childhood.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I agree with Ryu and Isabella. I don't believe Tifa was insensitive at all. I think that Tifa's flaws would be... her own insecurities, and trying to keep her feelings hidden.

Don't forget that Tifa totally bullied Cloud when they were kids. :loopy:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah when you think back to Cloud's big reveal in the Lifestream and how he acted as a kid it's kind of his own fault that Tifa didn't pay much attention to him as a kid. He was too shy. How was she supposed to know how he felt?

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I think the childhood thing is both Tifa and Cloud. Tifa hung out with other guys more, and Cloud did try to impress her, but at the same time, he distanced himself from the group to try and be more aloof and mysterious. amirite? I thought I read thaat/been told somewhere.

A

Great Old One
I hope you guys don't think that I think Tifa is insensitive. :O

Yeah when you think back to Cloud's big reveal in the Lifestream and how he acted as a kid it's kind of his own fault that Tifa didn't pay much attention to him as a kid. He was too shy. How was she supposed to know how he felt?
It's not Tifa's fault at all. She didn't even have a clue that Cloud had a major crush on her. :no:

It does make me lol when people say she 'bullied him.' :monster:

@Channy: No, Cloud never even attempted to try to impress her. When he did try to meet up with her though, that was the day when her mother died - resulting in her climbing at the mountain, getting a coma, and then Cloud being blamed for not helping her. Then her father didn't allow Cloud near Tifa, but Tifa had no clue.

I think sometimes, Tifa just tries so hard to be sensitive that she can sound, insensitive.

Like in that previous conversation. She was so sensitive about Aerith and Cloud's possible feelings toward her that she doesn't notice *someone* could have possibly been hurt.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Hilariously, she DID notice him (thought he was cute, even), she just had no damn clue he was actually interested. If that counts as 'ignoring' him, then Cloud coldly and insensitively ignored her too.

A

Great Old One
Like in that previous conversation. She was so sensitive about Aerith and Cloud's possible feelings toward her that she doesn't notice *someone* could have possibly been hurt.
What do you mean, Namake?

Hilariously, she DID notice him (thought he was cute, even), she just had no damn clue he was actually interested. If that counts as 'ignoring' him, then Cloud coldly and insensitively ignored her too.
Wasn't she also kind of scared of him or something, because he got into fights all the time?

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Yeah, Cloud got into fights a lot. He said so himself, that they were for no reason. If I were Tifa, I'd be a little scared of approaching him, or I wouldn't know how to approach him. I hate how people blame Tifa for their past, when Tifa apologized herself for not realizing things sooner, which means she never knew in the first place.

Sheesh! :no:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
See, I've been gravely misinformed again. D= I need to replay it but I don't have my copy with me atm. :sadpanda:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah I think Cloud said that he got into fights a lot as a kid because he wanted to prove that he was stronger than the other boys. I think he was hoping that Tifa would have noticed his strength but really, how would she know? And yeah I would be wary about a boy who got into fights a lot. Wasn't the whole town wary of him or something? I thought that he was supposed to have had a reputation.

Also remember that Tifa's father hated Cloud and thought that the whole mountain incident was his fault.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I do not recall her saying she was scared, but Cloud was always off on his own, or picking fights with the other village kids for no real reason.

What do you mean, Namake?

Err. Here?

Tifa
"...And you are?"
"Hey you're the one with Cloud in
the park..."

Aerith
"Right, with Cloud."

Tifa
"Oh....."

Aerith
"Don't worry. We just met. It's nothing."

Tifa
"What do you mean, 'Don't worry'... about what?"
"No, don't misunderstand."
"Cloud and I grew up together. Nothing more."

Aerith
"Poor Cloud, having to stand here and listen to both of us call
him nothing."

(She turns to Cloud.)

Aerith
"Right, Cloud?"

I think Tifa was trying to be sensitive for Aerith and Cloud, she didn't want to give anyone any ideas because she was afraid she'd mess up something between the two of them. Well atlease that's how I see it. XD

Damn words. I can't transcribe my thoughts. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I do not recall her saying she was scared, but Cloud was always off on his own, or picking fights with the other village kids for no real reason.

I guess I said that wrong. I meant that I would be wary, not that she actually was. If anything Cloud was doing all the wrong things and Tifa was completely oblivious to his feelings. But it's no fault of her own. Cloud even admits that he was the one who was being childish and an idiot the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom