The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Because them being just friends would be a change from the previous state of affairs how exactly? :wackymonster:

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
People were hating on Nojima? :wacky: I don't remember that o_o I remember some Nomura nitpicking but that's about it ... I remember praise for the music guy and Kitase though :monster:

I probably just don't pay enough attention however :P

Why have people stopped posting in the Cleris club :shifty:

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Why have people stopped posting in the Cleris club :shifty:

Well, for some it's because there really isn't anything "new" in that department (the few Ceriths that I know that acknowledge it as a fanon pairing anyway) and the others... well, I think we know why they're not posting. :whistle:

paoo

♥
Which is exactly what SE says: Tifa isn't clingy and she doesn't push Cloud. She lets him make his own decisions (of course, the Clerii ignore everything when it suits them, so she's a clingy bitch ho).

But as his lover, she has no qualms about telling him he's being an ass. She is the only one who confronts him that openly exactly because she's his koibito - it is her place and no one else's. Their friends all have their say, but it isn't their place to interfere in matters of their family. Exactly why the Tifa speech takes place in the dark in a bedroom -- to further solidify the idea of two lovers having an argument.

Also, she knows him best. He needs his ass kicked, which is what Marlene does :P

I totally agree with you.
And Tifa DO wear the pants. :monster:

Reference

Likes The Bartender
Tifa: Everyone's gone...

Cloud: Yeah, we don't have anywhere or anyone to go home to.

Tifa: You're right... But... I'm sure someday... they'll come back, don't you
think?

Cloud: Hmm... I wonder...? Everyone has an irreplaceable something they're
holding on to... But this time, our opponent...

Tifa: Hmm... But that's all right, even if no one comes back. As long as I'm
with you... As long as you're by my side... I won't give up even if I'm scared.

Cloud: ............ Tifa......

Tifa: No matter how close we are... We were for apart... before this. But when
we were in the Lifestream surrounded by all those screams of anguish, I thought
I heard your voice... ...sniff... you probably won't remember this... But deep
in my heart I heard you calling my name... Or at least I thought I did...

Cloud: Yeah... At the time I heard you calling me. You were calling me back
from the stream of consciousness in the Lifestream. After all, I promised. That
if anything were to ever happen to you, I would come to help.

Tifa: Cloud...? Do you think the stars can hear us? Do you think they see how
hard we're fighting for them?

Cloud: I dunno... But... Whether they are or not, we still have to do what we
can. And believe in ourselves... Someday we'll find the answer. Right, Tifa?
That's what I learned from you when I was in the Lifestream.

Tifa: Yeah...... that's right...

Cloud: Hey Tifa...... I...... There are a lot of things I wanted to talk to you
about. But now that we're together like this, I don't know what I really wanted
to say... I guess nothing's changed at all... Kind of makes you want to laugh...

Tifa: Cloud... Words aren't the only thing that tell people what you're
thinking...

Cloud: ............

Later, during the middle of the night...

Cloud: ............It's almost dawn...

Tifa: H, huh...?

Cloud: Sorry. Did I wake you...? It's almost dawn, Tifa.

Tifa: Umm... G, good morning... Cloud. Give me a little longer... Just a little
bit longer... This day will never come again... So let me have this moment...

Cloud: Yeah... okay. This is probably the last time we'll have together......

The next morning...

Tifa: .........

Cloud: We'd better go.

Tifa: But, I still...!?

Cloud: It's all right, Tifa. You said so yourself yesterday. At least we don't
have to go on alone.

Tifa: Yes... That's right!

Cloud: Okay! Let's go!

Cloud and Tifa embarks the Highwind.

Tifa: The airship is too big for just the two of us. Yeah, it's a little lonely
without everyone.

Cloud: Don't worry. It'll be okay. I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
Besides, I'm the pilot. No more flying around casually like before. We won't
have time to feel lonely.

Tifa: Huh!?

Cloud: It's moving...... Barret! Cid!

Barret: O, oh......is that okay with you?

Cloud: Red XIII!

Tifa: Why didn't you tell me!?

Red XIII: But, you know, Cid.

Cid: Hey, Red XIII. If you butt in now, you never know what they'll say
later......

Tifa: ......Were you watching?

No. There's rejection all over that script. Those elongated ellipses are marks of rejection.

:lol:

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That reminds me... some people were upset that the creators were portraying Tifa as someone she's not in ACC. (Being a main reason for Cloud's recovery, for example. I recall a quote something along the lines of "So Tifa bitching at Cloud helped him? WTF".

Oh so Tifa is supposed to just let him go on being a mopey little emo douche bag feeling sorry for himself and bawwing in a corner?

It's okay for people to call the ones they love out on their bullshit. My friends do it to me and I do it to them. ZOMG that must make them not good friends!

It's called tough love, people. The way Cloud was acting wasn't okay by any means, so he NEEDED someone to tell him that. And that's just what Tifa did. She said what he NEEDED to hear.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
No. There's rejection all over that script. Those elongated ellipses are marks of rejection.

:lol:

Ah, the ellipses of rejection! They forever doom all relationships where people take a moment to respond.

I think the ellipses of rejection are one of the silliest anti-C/T arguments out there.

I guess a couple automatically doesn't have chemistry when they have an argument. :monster:

Seen that one too. Because they had an argument, their relationship is doomed.

It's really just an example of how juvenile a lot of the people fronting these arguments truly are.

That and their amazing ability to flip flop over everything, including the definition of a single word.

A

Great Old One
DOOMSDAY FOR CLOTI CLOUD.

One of the many signs showing how Cloti will never work from the normal aspects of a relationship. Cloud is obviously doing the suffering, as he doesn't even want to live with Tifa in the first place.

paoo

♥
A relationship can't be perfect, people.
And why are anti-Cloti's blaming Tifa all the time?
First off, Cloud was the one that wanted to start a new life with Tifa.
Cloud got geostiqma and left his family.. How is that possibly Tifa's fault?
Did Cloud hate her that much? LMAO, no. He loves her, deal with it. :monster:
Why else would he say this to her?

“Because this time it will be together with you, Tifa.”
“Haven’t I always been together with you?”
“What I mean is kind of different.”
Cloud replied, smiling again.

Cloud wants Tifa, a new life, and I think he tried to confess something there. :3
It says it all.. Cloud still have feelings for Teef.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I do have a hypothesis as to why anti-C/T blame Tifa.

She's the 'other woman', who tears their druther shipping apart. That or they ship as Aerith and want Cloud.

But yes, it must be her fault and she must be thrusting herself at an unwilling Cloud because to even admit Cloud has interest in Tifa truly kills whatever tiny chance C/A ever had.

A

Great Old One
What you just said isn't a hypothesis Ryu, it's the truth. They have to blame Tifa. I think anti-Cleriths go the same way, they just blame the 'other woman,' in order for their pairing to work.

paoo

♥
Yeah, but they just hate her.
The only reasons are that they are sluts, or yes.. Stealing the man. :monster:
But everything Tifa have ever done is trying to help Cloud, not hurting him..

A

Great Old One
Actually, Tifa was nice enough to back away and let their 'relationship' happen in her own eyes even though we all know she loves him dearly.

If people say that she 'steals the man,' they should take a look at Aerith.

paoo

♥
Actually, Tifa was nice enough to back away and let their 'relationship' happen in her own eyes even though we all know she loves him dearly.

If people say that she 'steals the man,' they should take a look at Aerith.

Exactly, Aerith was always the one that was flirting with Cloud.
And Tifa got jealous, of course! She loves him. :3
But then.. When Aerith died and Cloud became himself with the help of Tifa, they probably was blaming Tifa for stealing Cloud away from Aerith. But I actually think that Cloud was one of the reasons why Tifa opened her heart to Cloud. Because she got to see that he had secret feelings for her, and such. And Cloud wasn't really pushing her away. XDD

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
What you just said isn't a hypothesis Ryu, it's the truth. They have to blame Tifa. I think anti-Cleriths go the same way, they just blame the 'other woman,' in order for their pairing to work.

I've not enough evidence to elevate it to a theory just yet, A, which is why it is as of yet merely a quite tenable hypothesis.
Of course, it's not intended to be a universal claim, either.

As for anti-clerith, I've found quite a few who despise the pairing, not because they hate Aerith or even that it makes Aerith a poor person, but because it makes Cloud the biggest twat on the planet.

That and because it rapes every narrative theme of the story, including the meaning of Aerith's death.

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
As for anti-clerith, I've found quite a few who despise the pairing, not because it makes necessarily Aerith a poor person, but because it makes Cloud the biggest twat on the planet.
Aaah. :awesome:

But then.. When Aerith died and Cloud became himself with the help of Tifa, they probably was blaming Tifa for stealing Cloud away from Aerith. But I actually think that Cloud was one of the reasons why Tifa opened her heart to Cloud. Because she got to see that he had secret feelings for her, and such. And Cloud wasn't really pushing her away. XDD
Cloud pushing her away in that scene is ridiculous. He basically asked her not to tell anyone, as it was a secret - a secret that concerned Tifa.

Isabella

Your Mom
No, not because of necrophilia (I honestly hate it when people bring that up), but because it means he treats the living people in his life like shit in the name of love.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
because it makes Cloud the biggest twat on the planet.

I agree with this, but only with Clerith Canon. Clerith Fanon is a whole different story imo, because you can CHANGE the story. :lol: I don't see how Clerith as a canon pairing, is seen at all. Really, it boggles my mind. I could understand it a bit more before Crisis Core came out, and before I read the Ultimania's, but afterwards there's just nothing left. Aerith has been stated to see the Zack in Cloud. Aerith and Zack were acknowledged as an intimate, sincerely in love couple. No-where does it say, that their love faded.

Roar!

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Roar roar roar! :monster:

Agreed. There was never much room for C/A lovelove back before the Comp, but now it's just... geez.

A

Great Old One
I don't necessarily think it's a bad or mind boggling thing if a person prefers Clerith over Cloti and views it as canon, but some statements make Tifa look like nothing more than a piece of garbage. :neo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom