The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Nope, the timeline of FFVII's main plot events is ridiculously compressed.

Damn, that'd be a very stressful two weeks. X_X How can they travel around the world that fast? >_> Unless the cities and places really ARE only five steps away. :monster:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Two weeks? I thought it was at least a month. O_O

I wish more Cleriths would give this place a chance. The Clerith Club isn't 'fake' at all... not sure why that they think that.

Well the one thing I noticed is that right on the Clerith club main post it says "Cloti is more canon, Clerith is fanon", or words to that effect. It can be a bit off-putting to those who believe the pairing is canon.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well the one thing I noticed is that right on the Clerith club main post it says "Cloti is more canon, Clerith is fanon", or words to that effect. It can be a bit off-putting to those who believe the pairing is canon.

Talk to Channy about that. Maybe she'll change it. :)

There's also another Clerith club here started by another member that doesn't specify it as fanon or canon (or maybe it does say canon I don't remember). Maybe that would work? Or...? I dunno. lol

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis

Aww, so that was never edited? I believe it says "This club is purely fanon, as CloudxTifa seems to be the canon pair". I actually do wish that were changed, so that those who find the pairing canon could feel welcomed too. I assure you though, it wasn't meant to turn anyone away. X_X

Edit: Ten, that Club was the joke Clerith Club. =P

A

Great Old One
No, Angelalex242 is the true AA. Accept no substitutes.
I'm not talking about him.

EDIT:

Actually, I to have to agree with DrakeClawfang on this one. The Clerith club we have makes it seem as if Clerith is just all fanon, and I don't think it'd be very encouraging to those who believe that it's canon. Although, we have had a few Clerith posters, so don't mind that - a request from Channy, and I'm sure she'd change it so the club could be more focused on Clerith canon and fanon, not just fanon itself and Aerith's point of view.. :)

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I'm actually really happy we've got an actual mature and logical debate going on now. :monster:

It makes the LT Debate topic...I dunno...more debatey.

I'm glad Drake's stuck around and is discussing and debating here.

Isabella

Your Mom
Everything Cloud shows toward Aerith, he shows to Tifa x 1000. The only thing Aerith gets more of is grief. Not really a fair comparison.
This. About that scene in Cosmo Canyon, where Cloud says he'll be there for Aerith -- he says the same thing to Tifa in CoT, and blushes. To add fuel to the fire, one is said while he's still confused, and one is said while he's all Cloud. So why is one romantic and not the other? I'll allow that the Aerith instance can be taken as a romantic moment, but why are the two scenes not held to the same standard?

Furthermore, Cloud tells Tifa they will be together, in a way that's different from the way they were together before (which was as friends). When does Cloud say the equivalent to Aerith?

Isabella

Your Mom
Angelalex is a nice enough guy. But he is going to have to revisit his soul-melding theories in light of ACC, that's for sure.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I'm not talking about him.

EDIT:

Actually, I to have to agree with DrakeClawfang on this one. The Clerith club we have makes it seem as if Clerith is just all fanon, and I don't think it'd be very encouraging to those who believe that it's canon. Although, we have had a few Clerith posters, so don't mind that - a request from Channy, and I'm sure she'd change it so the club could be more focused on Clerith canon and fanon, not just fanon itself and Aerith's point of view.. :)

It would be nice to have it changed. I posted on CxA forums that despite how it went when I first joined (ie - a bit rocky), this actually isn't a bad place. Yeah, the membership is currently Cloti-centric, but that's a result of not many Cleriths joining

BTW, just for kicks, on the Final Fantasy Wiki we actually have several users who hate the LT outright, and our current top Admin has actually banned LT debates or discussion. This eventually lead to this, have a larf:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Final_Fantasy_VII_Romantic_Arguments

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Eh, I don't think that's really fair to do. Since well, whether you agree with either side or not, there IS an answer and its a very important point regarding FFVII and its fans. Banning it seems rather unfair and draconian.

I don't think banning any side or sides is fair at all.

And yeah, let Channy know about that. It should probably say that you can join regardless of if you think its fanon or canon.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Eh, I don't think that's really fair to do. Since well, whether you agree with either side or not, there IS an answer and its a very important point regarding FFVII and its fans. Banning it seems rather unfair and draconian.

I don't think banning any side or sides is fair at all.

I would agree, except it doesn't really happen. I honestly can't really recall any times there was an LT debate. I think there was one when I just finished the game and was a bit zealous in my shipping, but for the most part the membership on the Wiki just doesn't have any interest discussing it.

A

Great Old One
It would be nice to have it changed. I posted on CxA forums that despite how it went when I first joined (ie - a bit rocky), this actually isn't a bad place. Yeah, the membership is currently Cloti-centric, but that's a result of not many Cleriths joining
We should probably let Channy know about it, so it doesn't seem like it's only for people who support Clerith fanon. We can't have two separate Clerith canon and fanon clubs. :wacky:

BTW, just for kicks, on the Final Fantasy Wiki we actually have several users who hate the LT outright, and our current top Admin has actually banned LT debates or discussion. This eventually lead to this, have a larf:

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/F...ntic_Arguments
Balthier supports Cloti? Lawl.

A

Great Old One
I thought we brought it up to Channy before... though I forgot what she said. D=
Yeah, I did, but then she told me to gtfo. :awesome:

But now that there's more than one person for this, I hope it can be changed.

Tifa is a big tittied slut!!!
No u.

That should convert everyone to Cloti automatically. :monster:
Clack is canon. It's true.

And if Balthier WAS Cloti, that'd only be because of Tifa's breasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom