The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Just wondering Drake, but what did you really expect? As I said, this is all just hypothetical. You can come up with tons of interpretations if Aerith had actually lived, and depending on who the person is, they'll have a different view from yours. Unfortunately, the only fact here is Aerith's death.

I had expected some detailed and varied opinions on how things would have gone, not for multiple posters to reply with basically the same thing.

A

Great Old One
Okay... let's say that Tifa had died instead of Aerith. If I asked you that question, if I asked that question to multiple Cleriths, wouldn't you guys answer with a view similar to yours? Hypothetical questions aren't always different when it comes to a certain subject.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Actually, we had a topic like that on CxA forums.

If Tifa had died, Cloud would certainly still be devastated. And then once the Lifestream incident occurs, what then? There'd be no one to help him. *Maybe* Aerith could help him with her Cetra powers somehow, but I don't really know about that. Assuming she could, Cloud would be restored and the game progresses until the end of the game when Meteor comes, and again, not sure exactly how that would go. Maybe it would be Tifa commanding the Lifestream to push Meteor back. :p

A

Great Old One
In terms of Cloud and Aerith's relationship, what do you think if Tifa died and Aerith lived? (Sorry for asking you these questions. :awesomonster: Just curious of your views, I do appreciate you posting here.)

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Oh, in terms of their relationship? As I said, Cloud would be devastated by Tifa's death, but I think eventually he would have fallen for Aerith. I think most likely we would have seen a reversal of CoT/AC - Cloud and Aerith are together but the relationship is going through a rocky patch due to Cloud's guilt over Zack and Tifa's deaths.

A

Great Old One
Wouldn't most Cleriths reply like that too though? I mean, it's not like a Clerith would say that Cloud and Aerith would immediately get together, because Cloud would need some time to 'heal,' so to speak. I guess my point is that generally most people would stick to one idea if we're discussing interpretations of the LTD here. What else were you expecting?

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Wouldn't most Cleriths reply like that too though? I mean, it's not like a Clerith would say that Cloud and Aerith would immediately get together, because Cloud would need some time to 'heal,' so to speak. I guess my point is that generally most people would stick to one idea if we're discussing interpretations of the LTD here. What else were you expecting?

....good point. :p

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
I don't think it'd be that simple. Sure, Cloud would remember his feelings for Tifa, but any feelings he would have developed for Aerith until that point wouldn't just vanish.
What are you talking about? What responses? I haven't seen a single person claim that Cloud somehow forgets what he felt for Aeris after Jenova's influence is gone.
We're asking you not to start with the assumption that Cloud loved Aeris to begin with. People have yet to show that.

And I fail to see what you mean by "nothing to do with Aeris".
She's a friend and comrade who died because of him. Why is it you think just because he may not have any romantic feelings for her, he simply doesn't care about her? We certainly don't think that.

Cloud sees protecting Aerith as his responsibility because he "dragged her into a mess she wasn't involved in".
THIS. Thank you, faine.
The rest of AVALANCHE, particularly Barret and Tifa, were always concerned about Aeris exactly because she was someone who got dragged into a battle that wasn't hers. She helped Marlene, so I imagine Barret also feels indebted. They are the first to suggest going after Aeris when she leaves before she gets killed.
It hardly says anything of romance.

Maybe* Aerith could help him with her Cetra powers somehow
In Maiden she couldn't. She tried and tried, but her voice could not reach Cloud.
So you have your answer right there.

Last edited:

Goodbye Charlie

Rising Chest-Bank Protestor
Oh, in terms of their relationship? As I said, Cloud would be devastated by Tifa's death, but I think eventually he would have fallen for Aerith. I think most likely we would have seen a reversal of CoT/AC - Cloud and Aerith are together but the relationship is going through a rocky patch due to Cloud's guilt over Zack and Tifa's deaths.

I've always found this idea very hard to swallow. It makes Aeris seem so predatory I find it out-of-character. As Cloud is grieving Aeris is there comforting him through his pain until he falls for her. Sure, I'm saying such a notion is manipulative, but it just feels icky knowing she has feelings and wants for him that she's burying while he's in pain and then at some point feels comfortable enough to let them out. It just doesn't seem like Aeris to me.

Furthermore, given "real" Cloud seems to have fixated his entire life on impressing this one girl, I can't imagine him very well settling down with a woman connected with the loss of his love.

I mean, if he goes freako over two dear friends, how is he going to react if the girl he's lived his life for, seeking to fulfil a promise he made dies? Is he just going to feel down for a bit before going with the other girl from their merry band? I don't see that.

The whole notion seems nice and cute on the surface, but when you actually consider it, it's really built from a fan desire than an honest evaluation of either character.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
than all the other smiles he gives Tifa.

Cloud never smiles at Tifa, because she depresses him. :awesome: I remember getting into debates on whether or not Tifa made Cloud happy, and that Aerith "made Cloud happier, and had more smiles than Tifa". I wouldn't count his fake laugh with Aerith as a smile at all, and if we're talking about individual smiles, then the one at the end of AC for Zack and Aerith doesn't count. And let's see... I can think of four times Cloud smiles at Tifa, and only Tifa.

I had expected some detailed and varied opinions on how things would have gone, not for multiple posters to reply with basically the same thing.

Most of us here are more interested in facts, not "what-ifs". Tbh, I could care less about "What if Tifa died instead" and "What if Aerith lived" or "What if Zack lived" when it comes to an actual LTD... Because it's pointless to discuss. Instead of dicussing this, I'd much rather see a Clerith provide in-game in-movie in-Ultimania proof that Cloud loves Aerith... and that the two are a couple.

Pretty Please?

Oh, in terms of their relationship? As I said, Cloud would be devastated by Tifa's death, but I think eventually he would have fallen for Aerith.

Considering Tifa is the only woman Cloud opened his heart to in FFVII, and is the only one who can help him in the Lifestream, I don't think he'd have much time to be 'falling' for Aerith. He'd be mind-fucked for the rest of his life, and grieving the most important woman in his life at the same time. Actually, losing Tifa would most likely cause another mental break down like when Zack died.

Vendel

Banned
Let us not forget in all these hypotheticals that if Aerith doesn't die then the planet is borked.

So it would be a very short relationship. :muhaha:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
What if Tifa had died and Aerith had lived and activated Holy, but it started killing off humanity and to save yourselves you had to fight it back into the planet and in the end fight a giant monster Aerith after the White Materia fused with her, with the spiritual help of Tifa (who, what-if, was also a Cetra)?

How would that affect their relationships?

Vendel

Banned
What if Tifa had died and Aerith had lived and activated Holy, but it started killing off humanity and to save yourselves you had to fight it back into the planet and in the end fight a giant monster Aerith after the White Materia fused with her, with the spiritual help of Tifa (who, what-if, was also a Cetra)?

n3akaujpg.gif

Please....stop....

Stop.... I can't think about that. :no:

Even though, that would be interesting.

paoo

♥
"The only time he laughs in FFVII is during a conversation with Aerith at the start of the story, when Jenova is still in control of his consciousness."

So.. Do we have to discuss this Clerith-laughing-love thingy any moar?
But I just remembered, Cloud and Tifa DO laugh together in CoT. When they are drunk, with Barret. :wacky:
ZOMG, TRUE LUUUURV!!1 Right, rabid-Clerith's?

I'm sorry.. But that dosen't even make any sense to me. xDDD
It wouldn't work.

So.. Do we have to discuss this Clerith-laughing-love thingy any moar?
But I just remembered, Cloud and Tifa DO laugh together in CoT. When they are drunk, with Barret.
ZOMG, TRUE LUUUURV!!1 Right, rabid-Clerith's?

But doesn't that change the whole situation since he's drunk?

A

Great Old One
It's a wonder why more Cleriths don't join here.....
I don't understand.

If you guys are talking about this forum having more Cloti members, then why don't you invite more Clerith people? Why not just simply join instead of staying at the CxA forum and complaining? If you guys want to confront us about it, then simply do so. We do go far sometimes. And it's not like we'll be immature towards you and try to be rabid.

This situation reminds me of the Northern Crater as well. I recall it being more of a Clerith dominated forum then anything else, but after... well, a lot of Clotis 'jumped in' the debate, then some were accused of being rabid and jumping into debates and... attacking and stalking people.

The more Clerith members that can come here, that's great. But if you guys don't step up then unfortunately the forum will remain the same.

I admit that I/we go far sometimes. But we're not generalizing, I think you know that.

Last edited:

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
It's a wonder why more Cleriths don't join here.....
You mean the debate threads?
Mostly cause they've gotten pwned beyond recognition before.

As to why they don't join the forums....they're convinced it's a grand Cloti conspiracy and that the forums are actually run by Cloti fuckers, and that all TLS cares for is proving the love between them Cloud and Tifa polygons.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
^ Are dems fightin' wordz? :monster: OWD's callin' YOU out!

But seriously, if they want to join, we definitely encourage them to. Cloud/Aerith fans are welcome and we definitely want them to join and debate with us, because having a debate with just one side gets kinda boring and it just descends into lulz and stuff. It's been awhile since we've actually had a discussion here where both sides stuck around and actually debated. So it'd actually be good to have more than just one view point here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom