The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
OoT: Malon/Link Majora's Mask: Romani/Link Twilight Princess: Midna/Link... why do I seem to ship him with redheads when it he isn't with Zelda? :awesome:

However, I think the difference between the Zelda games and FF7 is that you do have to answer questions at some point that isn't a yes/no thing. Cloud has way more personality than Link tends to, so you can take cues from his in-game actions as to which girl he seems to prefer.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Tess you make me hot. Meet me in the flower field.

Also Zelda is a gangsta ass bitch who keeps her men on a short leash.

Also, Tifa says she's been with him before, implying there has been no change there. Why is it different now? Because now they are BEST BUDDIES as opposed to what? Somewhat buddies whose hearts just happen to call to each other? I'm just genuinely curius here.
idremember if I replied to this but. There is not just implied change, Cloud says there IS a difference between the way Tifa has been for him before and how they will be in the future, indicating the start of a romantic relationship. Feeling are one thing. Actually establishing a relationship is another.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay folks, let's stay on topic here and debate the LT of FFVII, NOT of Legend of Zelda.

:monster:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Actually it says The Lifestream Forums> Compilation of Final Fantasy VII> Final Fantasy VII> Love Triangle Debate. I'd say that's pretty dang specific.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's in the FFVII section, hence, its topic can be extracted from that :monster:.

Also, there's a 'non-FFVII' LTD thread Somewhere Else.

Lonewolf

Rookie Adventurer
Just because some people have an opinion or are convinced of something, doesn't mean it is so. And just because FFVII played with the idea of both girls, it doesn't mean both are loved by Cloud. The story shows a clear Cloud/Tifa focus.

Clear focus? Last I checked, Cloud's been confirmed as Aerith's lover from CotL. From what the people in this thread have been making Crisis Core out to be and suggesting that SE is now pushing Zerith, it's rather surprising that the latest material confirms they had a relationship while Aerith was still alive.

You'd think that if it was clearly Cloud and Tifa, SE wouldn't suggest that Cloud and Aerith were lovers torn apart.

A

Great Old One
Case of Lifestream clearly states a one-sided view from Aerith. By calling him her beloved, simply means that she loves Cloud. On the other hand, we have a creator stating bluntly that Tifa is a koibito to someone - Cloud. She is beloved by someone. Of course, I've heard many statements that there are other possible 'lovers' to whom Tifa is to, but it's a bit too obvious in my taste that there's actually any other lover besides Cloud. And last I checked, CoL is not in Cloud's point of view. It proves nothing - Maiden basically had the same thing where Aerith was told to love Cloud, but she later finds out that he isn't even the real Cloud. What does that come to show? Third person point of view ftw.

Honestly, I find it very ironic that Cleriths were stating that it wasn't possible for Tifa to be a koibito to someone (beloved by someone), because there were many possibilities (which there aren't, because let's face it, no one else has a chance with Tifa 'cept Cloud). And then CoL shows up with Aerith calling herself a koibito to Cloud (Aerith loving Cloud). How does that come to show that Cloud and Aerith belong together? It's just ironic, the whole thing. Cleriths have said that koibito doesn't count. From KOI -insert space- BITO, to koibito meaning a completely different definition, it's a bit strange overall. And laughable, to be honest.

It's quite blunt for SE to state that Cloud was influenced by the Jenova mimicking cells during his whole time with Aerith. This just comes to prove that Aerith never knew the real Cloud during their time. And then the fact she said, "I want to meet you," comes to show she suspects that he isn't the real Cloud, but can't figure out who that real Cloud is because he's under the influence of Jenova that time. And even the time they laughed together - I don't necessarily think it's romantic when it states that Cloud was under the influence WHILST laughing together.

Cloud and Tifa have revealed their mutual feelings for each other. Of friendship? No way, they're already friends during the game. Cloud has stated he wants to spend his life with Tifa. The creators state that Cloud and Tifa balance each other out - and that they're a family. What more is there really?

AERITH > CREATOR

EDIT: By the way, nice icon. I think I've seen it before.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Clear focus? Last I checked, Cloud's been confirmed as Aerith's lover from CotL. From what the people in this thread have been making Crisis Core out to be and suggesting that SE is now pushing Zerith, it's rather surprising that the latest material confirms they had a relationship while Aerith was still alive.

You'd think that if it was clearly Cloud and Tifa, SE wouldn't suggest that Cloud and Aerith were lovers torn apart.

You think if they were lovers, they wouldn't make him move in and have a romantic relationship with the other woman.
Or give the two of them a kid to take care of, or repeatedly emphasize that they are this kid's replacement parents.

As for CoL, Third Person Limited Narration. Beloved.

With that hornet's nest stirred, Hello, Loneywoney.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch

They don't. Where is this suggestion? Because I get that Aerith is a dear friend who was slain in a battle Cloud felt responsible for dragging her into and becomes wracked with guilt over her and Zack's deaths... Unless, Zack is also a lover?

Lonewolf

Rookie Adventurer
It's quite blunt for SE to state that Cloud was influenced by the Jenova mimicking cells during his whole time with Aerith. This just comes to prove that Aerith never knew the real Cloud during their time. And then the fact she said, "I want to meet you," comes to show she suspects that he isn't the real Cloud, but can't figure out who that real Cloud is because he's under the influence of Jenova that time

Aerith recognizes and acknowledges that Cloud isn't Zack right there - and learns the truth. She watches the lifestream sequence in Maiden, doesn't she? Given how late in the game the lifestream event happens, I think we're all going to have to accept that Cloud was always Cloud. He remembers and mourns her in AC. I don't hear any of you Clotis' denying that.

But they were only 'koibito', which just means it was just puppy love that they'll grow out of~~~

I thought you folk were convinced the word meant everything was mutual and it was rather serious - my mistake, I'm sure. Now that the word is used to describe Cloud and Aerith's relationship, I'm sure it means something else completely.

They don't. Where is this suggestion? Because I get that Aerith is a dear friend who was slain in a battle Cloud felt responsible for dragging her into and becomes wracked with guilt over her and Zack's deaths... Unless, Zack is also a lover?

Aerith has been linked romantically to Cloud in several games and novellas. Comparing her to Zack is rather silly.

You think if they were lovers, they wouldn't make him move in and have a romantic relationship with the other woman.
Sorry, when in the compilation did Cloud say he loved Tifa? That he held her like a lover? Wasn't Tifa asking herself if he loved her? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Or give the two of them a kid to take care of, or repeatedly emphasize that they are this kid's replacement parents.
Marlene still refers to Barrett as 'Daddy', not Cloud. Try again.

As for CoL, Third Person Limited Narration.

I haven't read CotL as a whole yet, but it seems strange that if SE was pushing to two distinct cannonical couples of Cloti and Zerith, they'd put the words "Cloud" "Aerith" and "lover" in the same sentence.

It's a little early in the debate to be giving each other pet names.

With that hornet's nest stirred, Hello, Loneywoney.
Sometimes the truth needs to be said, even if people don't want to hear it.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I thought you folk were convinced the word meant everything was mutual and it was rather serious - my mistake, I'm sure. Now that the word is used to describe Cloud and Aerith's relationship, I'm sure it means something else completely.
Your mistake was taking my comment seriously :monster:

Why does the word mean something completely different, now it's applied to Cloud and Aerith? It's gone from meaning 'anything but lover' to 'no wait, it is lover'.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Aerith recognizes and acknowledges that Cloud isn't Zack right there - and learns the truth. She watches the lifestream sequence in Maiden, doesn't she? Given how late in the game the lifestream event happens, I think we're all going to have to accept that Cloud was always Cloud. He remembers and mourns her in AC. I don't hear any of you Clotis' denying that.
OMG HE MOURNS AERITH TROO LOVE. And this is why I ship Clack, too, since he mourns him as well. Furthermore, Cloud himself seems to be okay with connecting Cloud and Aerith, putting his sword in Aerith's church. Seems sort of odd if they're lovers.

Nah, it's just hilarious that when associated with Tifa, it means everything BUT lover, but with Aerith, it means a mutual, everlasting love. How weird.

Aerith has been linked romantically to Cloud in several games and novellas. Comparing her to Zack is rather silly.
You mean...Aerith was in several games with Aerith, while Zack isn't? Clearly, this means he didn't mourn Zack, because he's not in FFT. Not to mention most of the places with Aerith appearing aren't that romantic...

Sorry, when in the compilation did Cloud say he loved Tifa? That he held her like a lover? Wasn't Tifa asking herself if he loved her? Correct me if I'm wrong.
When did it say he treated Aerith like a lover? When did he say he loved her? Didn't Aerith entrust her feelings to Tifa? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Denzel, that's the kid you're looking for.

I haven't read CotL as a whole yet, but it seems strange that if SE was pushing to two distinct cannonical couples of Cloti and Zerith, they'd put the words "Cloud" "Aerith" and "lover" in the same sentence.
They did the same thing with Maiden, where she said she loved Cloud much more than her first love and said she'd only call up Zack when she got really lonely. Did she get really lonely in AC then?

It's sort of like Tracey Morgan's truth bombs, in a way. :awesome:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami

If you read it, you'll find that they didn't. :monster: It's just Cloud and koibito. No Aerith in it :awesome:

Uh-huh. So which side are you addressing here? The one with delusions, or the one supported by facts?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Lonewolf is talking about the context of koibito regarding Cloud and Tifa in the Reunion Files, vs now in Lifestream White. And the reason its not the same thing in both situations is context.

Tetsuya Nomura calls Tifa a "lover" or "girlfriend." Meaning, from the creator's description, she's someone's lover or girlfriend. You can't be a relationship partner to someone in a vacuum. You can't be nobody's girlfriend or lover. If she's being called a lover/girlfriend by Nomura, it's in regards to someone in the story. And the logical conclusion would be Cloud, given her romantic love for him.

In Lifestream White, Aerith calls Cloud her koibito. But that's not indicative of Cloud's feelings at all. Cloud is not in Lifestream White. The entire story is in restricted third person, meaning while its in the third person, it's all from Aerith's perspective. Meaning, to her, Cloud is her beloved/lover/sweetheart.

That is not the same thing as the creator, Nomura indicating that Tifa's role in the story is someone's girlfriend/lover. One is from Aerith's perspective, the other is from the creator's own mouth.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
He remembers and mourns her in AC. I don't hear any of you Clotis' denying that.

He mourns Zack too. No one is denying Cloud grieves the loss of his friends.

uh, yeah. Switching up the word was on our end... right. No, the word means beloved, sweetheart, lover, etc... no one is disputing that. At all. So, where do you get that? The fact that koibito is said by Aerith in limited 3rd person is relevant, and should be addressed because it implies nothing mutual from Cloud. It's how Aerith sees Cloud in relation to her, it implies and means nothing in regards to how Cloud sees Aerith, which if you've read any of the posts before this, is the real question.

Examples.

Sorry, when in the compilation did Cloud say he loved Tifa? That he held her like a lover? Wasn't Tifa asking herself if he loved her?

He tells her in the lifestream and under the highwind. And no she wasn't asking herself, she was asking Cloud, and in asking him that question it implies that there is a mutual exchange of affection, especially considering how he responds to that. His "WTF" is often misconstrued. His dubious reaction to the query is more in line with a "Why the hell are you asking that, it's obvious." Which then is translated over in his response regarding Marlene.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

No worries, Ryu will.

Marlene still refers to Barrett as 'Daddy', not Cloud.
why in the hell would Marlene call Cloud Daddy? She doesn't call Tifa mommy...

Why not? This is limited 3rd person. SE isn't calling Aerith Cloud's lover. Aerith is calling Cloud her beloved. Big difference. There's only one woman SE and Co. have ever referred to as Cloud's beloved...it ain't Aerith.

That's unfortunate, muffin.

exactly.

Goodbye Charlie

Rising Chest-Bank Protestor

I don't hear Cloti's denying that when drunk you aren't the same person. You have feelings for people you wouldn't have when you were sober, you get into fights, fall over and make very stupid decisions. Doesn't mean you don't regret those mistakes. Doesn't mean you don't remember them.

Cloud isn't Cloud. Period. That's the whole point of the Lifestream sequence, as the real Cloud awakens and finds his true history not the mimic'd history and personality that he was suffering under Jenova's control. He remembers it, he remembers doing it. He grieves for the loss of his dear friend. Point?

I never thought the LTD could change but it has. From denying koibito is romantic, certainly it is full blown mutual love in every context. Amazing.

Look for the context, not simply the word. If you didn't do that in English, you might be disturbed by people who say they truly love ice-cream. Get your context right then you learn the meaning behind the word.

Several novellas? You are, of course, referring to Maiden where Aeris blesses Cloud to go and move on with his life with Tifa, feeling slightly jealous but loving to both? That one? The non-canon one? The one that isn't even pro Cleris even though it isn't canon?

And we're not bringing up that silly game which has Cloud standing next to Aeris? Does that mean that the AC cover having Cloud next to Sephiroth means? No, don't want to think about it.

And as for KH, beside the fact it's not official FF7, it's AU, its very pro Tifa. Go play it again.

You're wrong. Happy?

When in the compilation does Cloud even allude to loving Aeris? With Tifa he actually asks her to live with him straight after FF7 (and we get the little blush from him, remember?) We also have the fact that Tifa is DESCRIBED as a lover (rather than your Aeris koibito where she herself is describing her feelings FOR Cloud).

So perhaps you should focus on Aeris first, Tifa second. Tifa has a whole FF7 legacy that connects her to Cloud. Aeris' FF7 legacy connects her to Zack.

I'm sure all those kids with extended families will thank you for correcting them that paternal roles have to be solely blood related.

lmao. That's beyond random. Breaking down the actual sentence to such reduced components they might fit your wish. Aeris is referring to her feelings for Cloud. That's it. Sorry its not quite what you wanted. And even if it was more ambiguous, you don't have to be particularly smart to see the entire compilation goes against the notion that Aeris and Cloud are in love - Cloud hasn't exactly acted like a man who has lost his love since the end of FF7 (you know, sex under the Highwind, asking Tifa to live with him, creating a life, family, home with Tifa... not seeing much immediate grieving for his long lost love there to warrant this notion that they are mutual lovers..).

And for that, you've come to the right place.

Sorry, it's late and I'm a little irritable. :) It's just the same old arguments wrapped in more sarcasm with no coherent logic, no sources (in fact he admits to not having read one of the major new ones and yet decides to comment on it two or three times) and lots of snark. It's just not a good combination.

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
"She was happy. SHE FINALLY KNEW THE REAL CLOUD."

Says everything.

Saying Cloud was always the real Cloud is sillier.

Tell me where it says that Cloud loves Aerith and we'll discuss on it further.

FYI, I've posted once regarding your post. There's nothing about trying again about that. Poor Denzel.

Hell, it seems strange enough that Tifa is referred to as a koibito, whilst in CoL it's one sided.

But I love calling you pet names, sweetie.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
And as for KH, beside the fact it's not official FF7, it's AU, its very pro Tifa. Go play it again.

I'm just gonna step in for a moment about the KH thing.

KH 1 was very pro Clorith. Considering Cloud is looking for someone, swallowed by darkness, and in the end of it all after confronting his greatest enemy... he finds the person he's looking for in the end. Aerith.

In KH 2 it's still Clorith to me.

Here we have Aerith and Cloud coming across each other, and having a semi meaningful conversation. Cloud wants to go face something on his own, but he promises to her that he'll come back.

He doesn't even see Tifa until she finally catches up to him in the SoF part deux. The whole game she's looking for him, but doesn't find him until later on. Cloud's lacking light to battle, he needs strength. Tifa gives him her light. While this may seem Cloti at first, I had a rewatch of it, and Tifa emits a white light, while Cloud is surrounded by yellow light.

imo, it seemed like Cloud was finding his own inner light. Couple that with
Tifa: Cloud, you can have my light! ~whooooosh
Cloud: I just... don't know.

I never understood what he "didn't know", he seemed unsure about accepting her light.

Besides, I think Tifa was there when Cloud confronted Sephiroth for one reason... What happened the last time when Aerith was with Sephiroth and he was slashing his blade about? :wacky:

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Damn, I got to the party too late.

Does anyone think we'll ever see Lonewolf again? :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom