The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edley

Pray for Sound
AKA
Issac Dian, Dudley, Chev Chelios
That's what irritates me about Maiden. If Aerith knew what Zack went through just to try and get back to her and she thinks he's a player?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
No, A. You don't need to tell Vendel that. That's not your place.

On that point, calm down Vendel. :monster:

We can't control whether they join or not. So if you want to discuss their opinions or logic (or lack thereof, whatever your opinion may be) do so. But keep it civil and not just a blatant bashing of fandom.

A

Great Old One
I don't really see the problem telling someone to calm down.

That's what irritates me about Maiden. If Aerith knew what Zack went through just to try and get back to her and she thinks he's a player?
And even more so, does Aerith find out what Zack went through just to try to reach to her?

crack

Donator
The guy with the weird avatar of some Yu Gi Oh character is right Alise.

DON'T EVER TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, IT'S NOT YOUR PLACE.

And even more so, does Aerith find out what Zack went through just to try to reach to her?
Probably not. I think...

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Because its not your place. It's not like you have any control or way of enforcing his conformity to behavior conducive or unconducive to the forum. A lot of problems here is people telling other people what to do and how to post here, when that's a mod's duty. If there's a problem with someone and you think it needs correcting and you're not 100% friends and cool with the person, don't tell them what to do. Let a mod handle it.

So again, just post on topic and leave it at that. :monster:

Now you're just being snarky Alise :awesome:

crack

Donator
Well, we know for sure that he knew that Aerith dated a SOLDIER. She just never bothered to mention his name. But Cloud in the end knew that he was acting like a Zackified version of himself, so if he's smart enough to piece the puzzle together, I guess he knows.

EDIT:

Okay, I have to ask, what's wrong with someone telling another to calm down?

Vendel

Banned
Everything that needs to be stated has been stated. They won't EVER come here. Not because we are mean or anti-clerith or anything like that.

They won't come (at least the ones we want) because they know their points are bullshit. That is why they huddle together on a forum that is run like a fucking cult.

So please stop the crying game.

As it is everyone go read my fanfic in Faith!!!!!

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
Because its not your place. It's not like you have any control or way of enforcing his conformity to behavior conducive or unconducive to the forum. A lot of problems here is people telling other people what to do and how to post here, when that's a mod's duty. If there's a problem with someone and you think it needs correcting and you're not 100% friends and cool with the person, don't tell them what to do. Let a mod handle it.
Fair enough, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to try to act as a mod though.

Well, we know for sure that he knew that Aerith dated a SOLDIER. She just never bothered to mention his name. But Cloud in the end knew that he was acting like a Zackified version of himself, so if he's smart enough to piece the puzzle together, I guess he knows.
Oh right... but you know, Cloud's kind of a dense character. :monster: I don't remember a scene in the CC where Zack talks about dating Aerith specifically, I think.

As it is everyone go read my fanfic in Faith!!!!!
Okay.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
crackitalackin said:
Okay, I have to ask, what's wrong with someone telling another to calm down?

You do realize that some people don't like being told by someone they don't know or what not, what to do, let alone calm down. That's likely to antagonize them, since most people don't like being told what to do. It's just a bit risky, and if they respond that way, don't be surprised :monster:

@Vendel

You may have a point, hence why I don't mind having said arguments here discussed. :monster:

crack

Donator
You do realize that some people don't like being told by someone they don't know or what not, what to do, let alone calm down. That's likely to antagonize them, since most people don't like being told what to do. It's just a bit risky, and if they respond that way, don't be surprised
She tells me to calm down all the time. Can I report her the next time she tells me that?

A

Great Old One
I only do that because you act like Santa Claus on Prozac all the time. :monster:

Okay, but seriously: Did Cloud and Tifa know that Zack and Aerith were dating?

crack

Donator
Touche, :monster:

Um, so Cloud probably knows - not sure if Tifa does, but unless Cloud told her. I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
Vendel, you forget there are Cleriths in this thread debating. :x

And another question: Is Cloud aware that Zack and Aerith dated...?
I'm sure he figured it out eventually, even if it wasn't stated.

Anyway, I'd like to address a point I find brought up in this thread a lot; why don't cleriths present evidence of their love, where are teh proofz etc etc.

While I personally see a lot of Clerith evidence throughout disk one, I do keep in mind that it's only proof he cares for her and love is subjective to who's playing. Since the Clerith relationship is something that was blossoming, as opposed to Cloti which had time to be solidified, any proof of affections can be oversimplified. Basically, since their relationship is something that was growing rather than something that was, my "evidence" is mostly subjective and doesn't quite work in a debate of proofz.

One thing I should say I do disagree with - that Cleris was merely a red herring for Cloti, simply because it puts a biiiiit too much stock in romances that hardly had anything to do with the theme of the game. Her death was to give Avalanche and the player a personal reason to pursue the enemy, plain and simple.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Crisis Core, comes after Maiden, which makes Maiden's completely inconsistent and out of step with the Compilation. It doesn't make sense.

A

Great Old One
One thing I should say I do disagree with - that Cleris was merely a red herring for Cloti, simply because it puts a biiiiit too much stock in romances that hardly had anything to do with the theme of the game. Her death was to give Avalanche and the player a personal reason to pursue the enemy, plain and simple.
So just wondering, from your view, did you find the scene with her death romantic? If you do, how so? If no... don't answer, :monster:

While I personally see a lot of Clerith evidence throughout disk one, I do keep in mind that it's only proof he cares for her and love is subjective to who's playing. Since the Clerith relationship is something that was blossoming, as opposed to Cloti which had time to be solidified, any proof of affections can be oversimplified. Basically, since their relationship is something that was growing rather than something that was, my "evidence" is mostly subjective and doesn't quite work in a debate of proofz.
I would have viewed that it was Clerith as well, but the thing is, he's not actually Cloud throughout disk one. He's basically a fake.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
If Aerith knew what Zack went through just to try and get back to her and she thinks he's a player?

Exactly this. If you want Maiden to be canon, by all means. But it makes Aerith seem out of character, like she's cold-hearted. I doubt Aerith's reaction to Zack being dead would be along the lines of "Oh, you're here too". And that she would say,
"A person of many lovers can never be a lover".

Who are Zack's many lovers? I recall him loving Aerith and Aerith only.

Did Cloud and Tifa know that Zack and Aerith were dating?

No- Aerith told Cloud "Just like him" and then she says, "Didn't I tell you? My first love" I don't believe she ever used Zack's name. I'm sure Tifa doesn't know.

Wait... maybe she did say Zack's name. I remember Cloud saying "That's strange, I've never heard of him. Not many people make first class".

Bah, i'm just confusing myself now.

Last edited:

Death Sin

Memento mori
AKA
Just DS is fine

On that point, calm down Vendel. :monster:

We can't control whether they join or not. So if you want to discuss their opinions or logic (or lack thereof, whatever your opinion may be) do so. But keep it civil and not just a blatant bashing of fandom.
If you all don't mind me saying...

...I kinda think its inevitable that some snark and "lulz" appear at one point or another. Let's be honest here; we're all human and we aren't perfect, still, I do believe that we can at least try not to make the lulz/mocking the center point of this debate/discussion. Instead, let's center on the arguments presented and call on the fallacies as we see them, backing up our views with proper evidence (which pretty much everyone here has proven that they can do). I have no problems (and I don't believe anyone should have, since people would debate directly with the CxA members if they came here or allowed debating on ther forums) in dissecting post and pointing out the errors/silliness/BS on THEIR arguments but without generalizing the comments to the people who posted those agumes either AS Cleriths or AS a particular fanbase. We know how their forums work and while we might not agree with the way they act or do things, I don't think we should do the same things they do and generalize about how they are as people, what they do with their time, etc, etc. It's not needed and, IMHO, it does create some avoidable bad blood and only weakens our arguments. Sure, they might do that, but do we need to do the same? After all, isn't that one of the major flaws of the arguments of the CxA forum peeps, just for starters (the whole CloTi generalization thing?)

Sure, the lulz are good and can ease up the seriousness a bit but, again, it shouldn't be the main focus here. If we resort to directly point fingers at specific individuals and name calling, then we'll simply giving them (and anyone else who thinks like them) a reason to disregard what we say and "hide" behind the "bully/victim/Clotis are mean" act. Frankly, if you were to ask me, Call me optimist but I believe an argument has a lot more impact if is straight to the point (because if that's the case, the person (s) involved in it will only have 2 possible choices: 1- Respond accordingly and back up their claims, with the same seriousness we have displayed or 2- Ignore the post, post opinion as evidence, etc, etc and only end up losing credibility/face. Either way, the point gets accross, IMHO.

Anyway, yeah, all of that to say that discussing the arguments themselves should be allowed and that people should come here to defend their points if they choose to. After all, they are free to do it at anytime time, right? :)

And now on to the real, important stuff... zeh discussion!

Did Cloud and Tifa know that Zack and Aerith were dating?
I kinda share Vendel's opinion on this one. I do believe Cloud and Tifa were (at most) aware that Aerith dated a member of SOLDIER but that's it. Otherwise I do believe the game would have make it more apparent/clear (remember the scene in Gongaga, if you have both Tifa and Aerith in the party and Zack's parents mention their missing son?)

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
Exactly this. If you want Maiden to be canon, by all means. But it makes Aerith seem out of character, like she's cold-hearted. I doubt Aerith's reaction to Zack being dead would be along the lines of "Oh, you're here too". And that she would say,
"A person of many lovers can never be a lover".
Not only that, but it would be acknowledging that Aerith never knew the real Cloud.

Although, that is a fact....

No- Aerith told Cloud "Just like him" and then she says, "Didn't I tell you? My first love" I don't believe she ever used Zack's name. I'm sure Tifa doesn't know.
While true, didn't he know at the time in Crisis Core that Zack was dating a girl from the slums - hence, Aerith. And Aerith said that she was dating a SOLDIER awhile back, and Cloud acted like him; Cloud later finds out he's acting like Zack the whole time, hence if he connects the pieces he can find out... but maybe not, considering this is Cloud. =/

EDIT:

I want to give you a big glomp Death Sin.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
(remember the scene in Gongaga, if you have both Tifa and Aerith in the party and Zack's parents mention their missing son?)

Those scenes are optional, though. If you don't have Aerith or Tifa in your party, you'd never know. Cloud asks Tifa is she knows Zack in her scene though, and she says "No, why would I?" Or something like that. To me, obviously to hide that she knows the truth about Cloud. If you have Aerith and Tifa in your party, they split up in Gongaga, but I'd assume that perhaps... Aerith may have spoken to Tifa about it. They never really make it clear.

didn't he know at the time in Crisis Core that Zack was dating a girl from the slums

Nope- Unless Cloud could hear Zack speaking when he was Mako poisoned when he said things like:
"I have to go back to Midgar"
and
"Aerith, wait for me."

Cloud never really makes it clear- since he never mentions it, lol.

A

Great Old One
Nope- Unless Cloud could hear Zack speaking when he was Mako poisoned when he said things like:
"I have to go back to Midgar"
and
"Aerith, wait for me."

Cloud never really makes it clear- since he never mentions it, lol.
Well, yeah - there's that, but then again, Aerith mentions several times that Cloud reminds her of someone (which is Zack). And then Cloud comes to the realization at the end of the game he's been acting like Zack the whole time - if Aerith was reminded of a SOLDIER, Cloud can figure from that Aerith dated Zack, because she said she dated a SOLDIER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom