The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's not the implied sex that was too risque. Indeed, it's still risque. What was rejected was the walking out of the stable afterwards.

Hell, if you get down to it, there might be some implied nookie as far back as FF4.

As for XG, that's to say nothing of
The female of the villain also being the main character's mother, and also being the main female as well. But the how is even more spoileriffic than everything else.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah Rosa says "I'm coming up to your room tonight" near the beginning of the game, which makes it pretty obvious that they'd been sleeping together for quite some time.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I dunno where all this "opening your heart" shit to someone comes from. What did he open up exactly? What deep harbouring secrets did Cloud have that he could only confide in Tifa?

Really, I don't think you need to confide in your soul mate to "open your heart". I've spilled a couple deep dark secrets myself to a few random people who seemed close at the time.

I think Cloud's just an attentionwhore rly. :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Tifa being the only one Cloud opens his heart to is a quote from either one of the Ultimanias or an interview with Nojima, iirc.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I guess it all depends on the audience each game was intended for. Aren't FF's meant for a more wider range to include older kids and teens as well? What was the intended target audience for Xenogrears? Who was even the staff? Made by Square doesn't mean the same staff, even though I thought it was all Sakaguchi back then anyway, but I could be wrong.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Tifa being the only one Cloud opens his heart to is a quote from either one of the Ultimanias or an interview with Nojima, iirc.

I still think he's an attentionwhoar.

Why else would he put himself in a wheelchair in a vegetative state which could only lead to sponge bathes from Tifa. :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Yeah it's not like he just witnessed two of his best friends killed right before his eyes when he was supposed to protect them or anything, what an attention whore for suffering a nervous breakdown :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Dude, that's all about the attentionwhore code.

1. Someone close to you dies. Pity Party.
2. Emotional Break Down
3. 'Open your heart' to someone

:monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
If you think about it, they really are.

And Jessie's the whore of the group for wanting to get with Cloud after just meeting him :awesome:

Then again, I'd whore for Cloud.

A

Great Old One
Unfortunately, Cloud only wants to whore Zack.

Sorry gaiz.

//Anyways, yeah. None of them are attention whores.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yeah Rosa says "I'm coming up to your room tonight" near the beginning of the game, which makes it pretty obvious that they'd been sleeping together for quite some time.

I meant during the game itself, but hell yeah.
I thought they were doing something way back when I first played the game because of that. Yes, THAT LONG AGO.

I dunno where all this "opening your heart" shit to someone comes from. What did he open up exactly? What deep harbouring secrets did Cloud have that he could only confide in Tifa?

Really, I don't think you need to confide in your soul mate to "open your heart". I've spilled a couple deep dark secrets myself to a few random people who seemed close at the time.

Well, he does literally 'open his heart' to her in the lifestream, but I really think it also refers to her being the only person he can ever truly confide in and trust, no matter how much he'd like to let others in.

Advent Children Prologue book. Hitobito can tell you more specifically.

I still think he's an attentionwhoar.

Why else would he put himself in a wheelchair in a vegetative state which could only lead to sponge bathes from Tifa. :monster:

BECAUSE THAT WOULD BE HAWT. There's no attentionwhoaring there. Just good thinking.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I guess it all depends on the audience each game was intended for. Aren't FF's meant for a more wider range to include older kids and teens as well? What was the intended target audience for Xenogrears? Who was even the staff? Made by Square doesn't mean the same staff, even though I thought it was all Sakaguchi back then anyway, but I could be wrong.

Someone answerrrrrr my questioooooon

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
They were made by two separate teams, and judging on the content of Xenogears I'd say it probably was meant for a moar mature audience, yes.

Also, just remembered. Is it really flaming to call CxA forum members Pink Nazis considering they've regularly used that term to describe themselves for years? I think it's useful in distinguishing normal CxA supporters from the batshit insane ones :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@ Alise: In response to the adult themes in Xenogears since risque content wasn't allowed in FFVII.

@ Aaron: Ah cool thanks that explains a lot. :)

A

Great Old One
Also, just remembered. Is it really flaming to call CxA forum members Pink Nazis considering they've regularly used that term to describe themselves for years? I think it's useful in distinguishing normal CxA supporters from the batshit insane ones :monster:
I don't think necessarily all the CxA forum members there are 'Pink Nazis.' And although I agree, I think Mako told us to tone down with the lulz in general.

And I thought we dropped this long ago. :(

In response to the adult themes in Xenogears since risque content wasn't allowed in FFVII.
I don't... know what Xenogears is. D :

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@ Alise: Someone brought up earlier in the thread that FFVII having risque dialogue and such and also a scene cute fpr being too risque didn't make sense since Xenogears, another Square game, was even more risque. But different story, different team, and different target audience explain that away.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Shame on both of you. Alise, go buy a copy and play Xenogears. DO IT NAO. You will thank us for it.

Frosty, shame on you. Be a sushi ta- I mean try sushi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom