The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Unfortunately, Cloud only wants to whore Zack.

clack.jpg

:monster:

Isabella

Your Mom
Did they actually say they toned down the HW scene because it was too risque? I don't remember that. I thought they just wanted to go for a different feel with the scene.

... or maybe that was just me thinking how I would've written it. :monster: I think the chocobo stable thing would've been a bit tacky and almost comical. Seems like bad timing for a comical scene, what with them admitting long-standing feelings and preparing to die the next day.

A

Great Old One
Did they actually say they toned down the HW scene because it was too risque? I don't remember that. I thought they just wanted to go for a different feel with the scene.

... or maybe that was just me thinking how I would've written it. :monster: I think the chocobo stable thing would've been a bit tacky and almost comical. Seems like bad timing for a comical scene, what with them admitting long-standing feelings and preparing to die the next day.
I think they said something along the lines of, "We had to tone it down a bit..." so yeah, toning it down.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
No they did say it was too risqué:
Kitase: [Masato] Katou also did the cut-scene on the airship, the night before the final battle.

Nojima: Oh, the scene with the risqué line of dialogue? It was Katou who wrote that as well, not me.

- The line "Words aren't the only way to talk someone how you feel," right? That was quite a mature conversation for a FF game.

Kitase: But I remember having to tone down another version that was too intense.

Nojima: The original idea was more extreme. The plan was to have Cloud walk out of the Chocobo stable onboard the Highwind, followed by Tifa leaving while checking around her, but Kitase turned it down. But even given the line in question, maybe none of us thought it would be something so major (laughs).
Can't remember what interview that's sourced from, but yeah.

Isabella

Your Mom
But why? I don't think seeing two people walk out of a stable is that risque, considering some of the stuff in Wall Market.

A

Great Old One
... Because... having sex in a stable where Chocobos can potentially watch is weird?

I guess having AVALANCHE watch Cloud and Tifa shack it up makes more sense.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
But why? I don't think seeing two people walk out of a stable is that risque, considering some of the stuff in Wall Market.
All of that was just played for laughs though, I guess, whereas the intimacy between CxT is quite serious. To be fair the exact phrase he used was "too intense."

paoo

♥

The thing is that they wanted to have them say this afterwards:

"Geez Cloud. Thanks 4 da smex!!1 :monster:"
".....No prob. Me liek big boobs sothatsTTLYok!!!!!! :awesome:"

Yup.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu

Honestly, I agree too, but it does show that they're thinking of their relationship on sexual lines.

I've thought the Wall Market stuff got through because it was implied and euphemistic, but the Stable exit might be too much for the T and below audience.

No they did say it was too risqué:Can't remember what interview that's sourced from, but yeah.

U10 creator interview, in the foreword.
P12.

Death Sin

Memento mori
AKA
Just DS is fine
But then again, we have Barret...

Back to square one.

...Barret's a bit of a special case, tho. I mean, he dresses in a marshmallow sailor like suit and gets a kick on spying on Rufus and Heideggar. Yeah, clearly a peeping tom there, I say so he shouldn't enter the equation! :whistle:

<j/k>

Last edited:

paoo

&#9829;
Tifa: "Cloud.... Your hair looks like a chocobo."

^ This... Says it all. :monster:

So how did Cloud reject her without words?

Probably because he didn't want her to rest her head on his shoulder. He didn't answer her, and just looked down. :awesome:

NO U. Why would they sleep together like that if they were just friends, or didn't want to?

Death Sin

Memento mori
AKA
Just DS is fine
In all seriousness, I never really understood how the end of the Highwind scene could be perceived as Cloud rejecting Tifa. Not only that goes completely against the whole Lifestream event but it also makes us, the players, go on an imagination stretch there, not to mention it would seem completely out of context (and character) for Cloud to do such a thing there.

It makes more sense (to me, at least) that he felt shy/awkard/whatever and simply didn't know what to say and stood there with Tifa as his side through the night (and as they appear in the next morning).

Death Sin

Memento mori
AKA
Just DS is fine
The whole, "Cloud rejecting Tifa," portrays Cloud as a bastard.

No offense.

That's pretty much it, IMO. Plus, I hardly doubt it was ever how the creators intended Cloud to be/behave, which only adds to the misconception/absurdity behind such an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom