The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
That argument always brings me a chuckle.

What's it going to take to "resolve" the LTD?

Cloud giving the thumbs-up sign and flexing his muscles while he bones Tifa in the bedroom in front of a mirror while blaring 80's music, ala, Patrick Bateman?

What's this resolution that they keep dangling in front of us, yet never giving in terms of who the most likely person Cloud is in love with, and having a relationship with? What exactly are we missing here? Where's this...ambiguity in regards to the source material regarding who Cloud's spending his life with, and raising a family with?

Vendel

Banned
Where's this...ambiguity in regards to the source material regarding who Cloud's spending his life with, and raising a family with?

Well... some would say that since you don't see him return to his family in the AC credits or in DoC. Then he must not really want to spend time with his family. They are more like collage roommates.

I shit you not.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
But he did return to his family, and if anything, ACC shows that even more. Not only that, but everything else says so. To say that he didn't is like ignoring reality.

Isabella

Your Mom
College roommates? Sorry, but anyone who says that really doesn't have a firm grasp of what CoT/ACC is even about. Fear of losing/failing his family the way he failed/lost others in the past is what drives Cloud, and his journey is to overcome that fear. If his family is simply "roommates" that he can take or leave, his paralyzing fear of failing them doesn't add up.

Add me to the list of people who say the LTD is most decidedly resolved. Previous statements about "up to interpretation" weren't specifically about the LTD. SE has never held a press conference to announce any other pairing (the very thought is absurd), so why do they have to for this one?

Edit: And about the AC credits ... do some people actually not realize that he's out making deliveries? You know, his job? He's not a) avoiding Tifa, or b) out looking for Aerith. He's making deliveries. It's what he does. Why is this so hard to grasp?

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Oh, Izzybel, but they did. Didn't you hear the press conference where they officially said that Terra was together with Sabin? It was like, everywhere, I swear. :awesome:

Vendel

Banned
But he did return to his family, and if anything, ACC shows that even more. Not only that, but everything else says so. To say that he didn't is like ignoring reality.

I told you a little Birdie gave me some juicy tidbits. (I have proof)

Isabella said:
Sorry, but anyone who says that really doesn't have a firm grasp of what CoT/ACC is even about.

Well from people who don't know what FF7 or CC or DoC are about either. Is this a surprise?

Isabella

Your Mom
you don't see him return to his family in the AC credits or in DoC
About this DoC thing, I wanted to ask ... as far as I'm aware, DoC doesn't show a lot of Cloud. The ending does have him out on the road, but he calls Tifa to tell her how the search for the missing Vincent is going, doesn't he? I've seen several debaters say that DoC shows Cloud once again on the road, away from Tifa, but is this honestly what they're referring to? Him out searching? Or is there another mention of Cloud being away from Tifa in the game?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
No there isn't.

Yes...they actually are referring to the fact, Cloud is out looking for Vincent, as some proof...Cloud isn't with Tifa anymore.

Isabella

Your Mom
No there isn't.

Yes...they actually are referring to the fact, Cloud is out looking for Vincent, as some proof...Cloud isn't with Tifa anymore.
So, Cloud being concerned for a friend means he can't love Tifa. Because love means forsaking everyone else in your life. I see. That makes perfect sense. Don't know why I hadn't seen it before. :salute:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Duh. Because you're stoopid. You Rapid Cloti. :wackymonster:

Anyways, the fact remains, that DC isn't even a story about Cloud and Tifa, so expecting any revelations regarding them is rather silly.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
No there isn't.

And Tifa being the one with the updates on Cloud's progress means nothing? Clearly she's the one that Yuffie runs to for info, so it must be clear to everyone that she'd be the first to know since I'm sure Cloud kept in touch while out on his search.

You know, if Cloud and Tifa not being shown as all lovey dovey in DoC is proof of Clerith, then what is the fact that there is no mention or hint of Aerith at all, not even arm ribbons, proof of?

A

Great Old One
So, Cloud being concerned for a friend means he can't love Tifa. Because love means forsaking everyone else in your life. I see. That makes perfect sense. Don't know why I hadn't seen it before.

Well, if they assume that if Cloud did go to some flowerfield to meet up with Aerith, I guess they also consider Cloud looking for Vincent as romantic.

Isabella

Your Mom
But Tenny, the DoC manual says Aerith is someone Cloud will never forget. As is Sephiroth, I'd imagine, but let's not get into that.

To be serious, I think some people set bars arbitrarily high so they can comfort themselves with the fact Cloud and Tifa didn't reach them. "We didn't see Cloud and Tifa married in a game that's not about them, so my OTP is still safe." etc. Problem with that is, C&T have reached more realistic bars many times over. So people keep raising the bar higher and higher, so they can keep reassuring themselves they won't be reached.

... not sure if that ramble made any sense

Vendel

Banned
Well, if they assume that if Cloud did go to some flowerfield to meet up with Aerith, I guess they also consider Cloud looking for Vincent as romantic.

CloVin is canon?

Also..thank you for changing you sig and avatar.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
@ Vendel: CloVin? That's hawt. :wacky:

@ Bella: I had to think about it for a sec but it makes perfect sense. And is kind of unfair, really. If the tables where switched I wouldn't expect Cloud/Aerith cuteness from a game that wasn't about them unless it actually fit into the plot.

STORY CONTEXT PEOPLE WHAT ABOUT STORY CONTEXT YOU CAN'T JUST THROW IN WHATEVER LOOKS/IS COOL JUST BECAUSE YOU WANT IT!

Trim the fat trim the fat! A former teacher told me that (lol rhyme :awesome:). You have to cut out what the story doesn't need, even if it's something that means a lot to you.

So Cloti/Clerith/whatever lovemaking and all that jazz, in a game about VINCENT AND HIS PAST AND HIS WOEBEGONE LOVE FOR LUCRECIA no less, just makes nooooo sense whatsoever!

That's right I'm talking to you, lurkers. :shifty:

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
CloVin is ttly canon. Did you see the way he grabbed Cloud's arm in the ancient forest? It was totally erotic.

Not to mention that he saved his butt out there in the first place. Obviously that = tru luv.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
As friends, yes. As something more, not quite.
Perhaps not, but there is an abundance of evidence pointing to a Cloud/Tifa relationship in comparison to Cloud/Aerith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom