The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

megas_sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
Megas, what are you talking about? This is what you said.

So you were talking about DC. How is it we don't have anything to base a judgment, when DC takes place directly after AC? Do you think the past somehow disappears with the present?

It takes place one year after, maybe they realised they just didn't have what it takes to have an intimate relationship.

@Celes

I'm wasn't talking about you.

@The Man

And, in my opinion, you can't state that as a fact either because, as Mako said somewhere, DoC simply is not about them. Still, you don't see me telling you your opinion is bullshit...

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay, and what proof of that do you have, megas_sephiroth? Where does it say, that they felt that way, and decided to call their relationship quits? Please share this evidence to such a conclusion.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
And, in my opinion, you can't state that as a fact either because, as Mako said somewhere, DoC simply is not about them. Still, you don't see me telling you your opinion is bullshit...
I can state that there is no evidence that reasonably suggests Cloud and Tifa have ended their relationship, and that the rules of literary convention state that if they had ended their relationship, it would be a noteworthy enough event that it would be mentioned in the narrative. You, by contrast, have failed to present us with any evidence to support your thesis that Cloud and Tifa are not in a relationship in DC.

A

Great Old One
It takes place one year after, maybe they realised they just didn't have what it takes to have an intimate relationship.
Maybe, is your opinion. It's not a fact - unless you have proof that they couldn't have an intimate relationship, opinions should be excluded in the LTD.

What evidence do you have that it didn't happen?

Tifa and Cloud reveal their mutual feelings for each other.

Unless, you see the Highwind scene as them 'realizing that they couldn't have an intimate relationship,' I would call that bullshit too.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
The fact that it isn't mentioned or shown anywhere in the story. Generally when writers intend for a conclusion to be drawn from their narrative, they supply evidence for it, and this conclusion has none.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal

ZING! I don't have to have any evidence because the facts of the previous portrayal and the creators aren't contradicted or changed by anything in DC.

If you're going to assert that their relationship ended when its been shown to have been started in the first place, you need to pony up the proof that shows that it did suffer hardship and end. Again, you don't expect someone to prove a negative. That's a logical fallacy.

If you're going to say it ended, bring up the proof that says it does. Don't expect me to do your work for you, and support your position which has no evidence going for it in the first place.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
For God's sake! What evidence do YOU have? Why keep asking for evidence when you're not giving a single one yourself? I really don't get it.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Exactly. In a debate, the person making an assertion is expected to provide evidence supporting that assertion. Thus far, the assertion that CxT have broken up by the events depicted in DC has been backed up with exactly zero evidence.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
So, because in a game where they're not the focus and worry about a friend so Cloud tries to look out for him, they're not together anymore?

My, I'm so disturbed by the CloTi relationship; first they hit off under the Highwind, then they separate because Cloud is looking off for a dead girl, then they get back together, but they realized it didn't work so they separated again - but wait, aren't they together in Case of Denzel again? :wacky:

Such a rocky relationship, IMHO :monster:

I find your lack of logic disturbing

Last edited:

megas_sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
What happens under the HW isn't shown.

In AC they are not together.

In DoC there's no proof to either side.

There are your facts.

@The Man:

You can't prove they're together either.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Those facts you gave us are wrong.

We see them sleep together and cuddle under the highwind. And there's the possibility they did something more. But we do see them sleep together, cuddling.

In AC, they do live together. Cloud was gone for about a week trying to find a cure for Geostigma, and then became depressed over the fact he got it too. He then returned home and lived together as well.

In DC, Cloud still lives together with Tifa.

Your facts are dead wrong.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
What happens under the HW is clearly referred to by the creators as "risqué" who also assert that CxT "confirm their mutual feelings under the Highwind." As for AC, Cloud and Tifa are clearly depicted by canonical materials such as OtWtaS as having lived together for almost all of the time between FFVII and FFAC, and that the reason Cloud departed was to find a cure for Denzel. The ending of AC clearly depicts CxT's reconciliation and Case of Denzel makes it plainly apparent that they have gone back to living together after the events depicted in AC. Claiming "there is no proof to either side" in DC is ludicrous since DC provides absolutely zero evidence to contradict the events depicted in CoD.

Not all opinions are created equal. Some are just stupid.

You can't prove they're together either.
Yes, except that them still being together in DC doesn't contradict the narrative flow of the entire compilation, as summarised above. The evidence leading to the conclusion that CxT are together in DC, which I have just summarised, vastly outweighs the evidence for conclusion that CxT are not together in DC, which adds up to exactly none.

Last edited:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Because there is plenty of proof for one side, it's just that some people like to pretend there isn't so they can maintain a pretence of neutrality.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
There are plenty of people who don't like either pairing of LTs. Kenshin/Kaoru, for example.

megas_sephiroth

Pro Adventurer
So if no one can prove it, then why are we even discussing this?

Lack of anything better to do? :awesome:

I've never watched case of denzel, it's not subbed and I don't understand japanese, so I never bothered.

While I understand what you're all saying and that what they have runs deeper than a simple friendship, I simply don't see enough evidence for the they are together-together thing.

@Alex Strife again:

I like the CloTi pairing, I find it far more credible than Clerith.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Lack of anything better to do? :awesome:

I've never watched case of denzel, it's not subbed and I don't understand japanese, so I never bothered.

While I understand what you're all saying and that what they have runs deeper than a simple friendship, I simply don't see enough evidence for the they are together thing.
lies. I easily found a torrent of it subbed. :awesome:

A

Great Old One
So you're saying that you you find the Cloti pairing runs deeper than a simple friendship, but yet there's no evidence for them to be together? Then what do you mean by Cloud and Tifa having a relationship that runs deeper?

That's just contradictory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom