The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Quexinos, seriously, stop trolling on Vendel here. He didn't even post who the posters were in regards to those statements, and he did not insult them. He's talking about the argument itself. There is nothing wrong with that and it generates discussion in regards to what's on the other side of the argument. If you don't like it, don't post. But stop telling him what to do, and insulting him.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
http://strife.midgar-rock.org/man.php?wolf

Marlene, the youngest of the children, takes a different perspective ... she doesn't hide anything; she says exactly what she's thinking. This action is in direct contrast with what the Cloudy Wolf represents: the forceful concealment of emotions. The fact that she makes an effort to break the terrible circle of sadness and regret sets her apart from the rest of her family and, consequently, the Cloudy Wolf ring.

I like this, and I think the article as a whole, one that everyone should read, really hits the nail on the head as to what the wolf really represents. It's not a connection to the people Cloud loves, it's a representation of guilt/pain. Everyone who has an issue to resolve gets a wolf. :monster:

I say this because I know that it has been used in the LTD before. As Cloti proof, no less. But really canon truth is what matters the most, right? No matter what side it supports that's all I care about in this debate.

Bah, but there as so many who don't care about the truth and only want to appease their own twisted versions so that they can self insert/write fanfiction without having to claim AU. :sigh:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Bah, but there as so many who don't care about the truth and only want to appease their own twisted versions so that they can self insert/write fanfiction without having to claim AU. :sigh:

I really wonder about this. It's not so hard to claim your fanfiction as AU. :monster:

As for self-inserting... I don't get it either. I'll probably insert myself in a humor fic to induce slapstick humor or torture the characters in unspeakable ways for the lulz... but to insert myself as another character is way beyond me. :huh:

People are weird.

I say this because I know that it has been used in the LTD before.

You mean the ring? :huh: Or the wolf?

paoo

♥
I like this, and I think the article as a whole, one that everyone should read, really hits the nail on the head as to what the wolf really represents. It's not a connection to the people Cloud loves, it's a representation of guilt/pain. Everyone who has an issue to resolve gets a wolf. :monster:

Yeah, the wolf represents guilt.
Then... why did some get the idea that the wolf that showed up everytime Cloud felt guilt was Zack? Is that even true? :awesome:

That's so.. *cough* Clack *cough*.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The ring, I mean. The worlf ring has been used as Cloti proof in the past, and as much as I've seen people argue it I've still never become convinced that it really has any strong baring on it. Maybe if it was just Tifa and Denzel it would make sense, but Barret has it, too, add in Cloud and what do they all have in common? Guilt/pain stemming from their pasts that affect the conflicts in their current lives.

Yeah, the wolf represents guilt.
Then... why did some get the idea that the wolf that showed up everytime Cloud felt guilt was Zack? Is that even true? :awesome:

That's so.. *cough* Clack *cough*.

I see people argue this adamantly as well, but no, the wolf is not Zack. It is a manifestation of Cloud's guilt.

I've even seen some people argue that the wolf is Aerith, but it isn't either of them. The wolf is no one in particular, just a symbol of emoness. :monster:

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
The ring, I mean. The worlf ring has been used as Cloti proof in the past, and as much as I've seen people argue it I've still never become convinced that it really has any strong baring on it. Maybe if it was just Tifa and Denzel it would make sense, but Barret has it, too, add in Cloud and what do they all have in common? Guilt/pain stemming from their pasts that affect the conflicts in their current lives.
The wolf on everyone kind of reminds me of the pink ribbons on everyone. :monster:

Obviously, if this wolf is Cloti proofz, then so is the pink ribbons s Clerith. Barret, Denzel, Tifa, and Cloud are lovahs. As for the pink ribbons... Everyone in AVALANCHE are lovahs.

Ah... the beauty of Japanese symborism. :wacky:

I see people argue this adamantly as well, but no, the wolf is not Zack. It is a manifestation of Cloud's guilt.
I kind of found it strange at first when I heard of the wolf being Zack, because that would mean there were two of them (one who sniffed at Cloud goodbye, and one who waved at him at the church). I never thought the wolf was a manisfestation of guilt either.

I thought it was Cloud's pain, akshully. :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I dunno if it would represent pain/guilt for Denzel, since the only thing he could really regret would be Ricks getting mad at him. Though I could see him feeling sadness due to Cloud's guilt not letting him come back home, and his fear of that. I dunno :loopy:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Well, he's pretty much in pain about his lost family, right? And the fact that he thinks it's his fault Cloud left home. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Then there's Barret's, which really weirds me out. His pain, unlike Tifa's, Denzel's and Cloud's, is more related to the whole Corel incident. It seems so unrelated to the family's pain that it confuses me.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
But does it really have to be connected to the family's pain? If it has to be, then Marlene should have a wolf-thing too.

He's also guilty and pained at what happened to Sector 7. :monster: It's connected to Denzel's pain. It's connected to Tifa's and Cloud's as well.

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
But does it really have to be connected to the family's pain? If it has to be, then Marlene should have a wolf-thing too.

He's also guilty and pained at what happened to Sector 7. :monster: It's connected to Denzel's pain. It's connected to Tifa's and Cloud's as well.
Really? Marlene seemed decently confident that Cloud will come back, compared to Tifa and Denzel. Imo, of course. :awesome:

This is true. :salute:

Eerie

Fire and Blood
In the end, we don't know how they got the rings, so everyone can make up things - there are three rings, one for Tifa, one for Denzel and one for Barret, and it's Cloud's motif. I'm not sure what it should represent - isn't the ring sold as Tifa's ring?

To me, if the wolf that appears represents Cloud's guilt, the rings are a different matter - is there any word on this by one of the creators? Because, first and foremost, it reminded me of a pack of hounds, but then again, maybe I'm totally off _o/

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
I never said they weren't. I requested a quote that states or implies that they are still living together because afterall that's what this thread tries to value so much, the supporting of statements with facts and quotes.

If something changes with fictional characters we would have been told. Since it's made clear Cloud comes back home in AC there is no need for any extra evidence for DoC or further.

It's whoever claims that things have changed that needs to provide evidence.

paoo

♥
Blah.

"She and Cloud came to realize their feelings for each other in the end of the story, and live together in AC and DC."

No, there's no need to bring it up.
Anyway... The wolf shows up when he feels guilt, and then it dissapear when Cloud moves on from that. So Cloud take small steps in the whole movie.

Uh.... what else can we debate/talk about? :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
But seriously dude, instead of "LOL LOK AT THE MORONS!"
Why not post why what they said is wrong? Post proof to counter it.

iawtp

Then there's Barret's, which really weirds me out. His pain, unlike Tifa's, Denzel's and Cloud's, is more related to the whole Corel incident. It seems so unrelated to the family's pain that it confuses me.

Umm, he lost his wife, Myrna. How does that not equate to family?

But I guess losing a wife is nothing compared to losing a friend. :awesome:

What I don't get is why Tifa wears one. She has nothing to be guilty for. She doesn't wear one because she failed to protect Aerith or Zack. She didn't recently lose her family in a bombing. I think she's band wagonning to feel special and get close to Cloud. :awesomonster:

paoo

♥
What I don't get is why Tifa wears one. She has nothing to be guilty for. She doesn't wear one because she failed to protect Aerith or Zack. She didn't recently lose her family in a bombing. I think she's band wagonning to feel special and get close to Cloud. :awesomonster:

CoT cleary states that Tifa feels guilty. :lol:

Alessa Gillespie

AKA
Umm, he lost his wife, Myrna. How does that not equate to family?

But I guess losing a wife is nothing compared to losing a friend. :awesome:
No, moron, I said "THE family". lrn2read. :catfight:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Did it occur to anyone that the Cloudy Wolf is nothing more than a design motif Cloud happened to like, and its not connected to any imaginary wolf that lingers on screen in AC?

Stop over analyzing this. Cloud has the damn wolf thing as a cell phone wallpaper and a cell phone strap. It's not an embodiment or representation of angst. It's just his design motiff he has a hard on for, like Squall has for his Griever merchandise.

I'm sure if you went into his drawers he'd have matching Cloudy Wolf boxer shorts.

paoo

♥
Did it occur to anyone that the Cloudy Wolf is nothing more than a design motif Cloud happened to like, and its not connected to any imaginary wolf that lingers on screen in AC?

Stop over analyzing this. Cloud has the damn wolf thing as a cell phone wallpaper and a cell phone strap. It's not an embodiment or representation of angst. It's just his design motiff he has a hard on for, like Squall has for his Griever merchandise.

I'm sure if you went into his drawers he'd have matching Cloudy Wolf boxer shorts.

:facepalm:

What about the stalker-wolf? That one represents Cloud's guilt.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch

She couldn't possibly feel guilty over the destruction of Sector Seven, or her inability to grieve over Aerith's death...

Besides, I don't think the "rings" represent guilt so much as "pack/family"...

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I dunno if it would represent pain/guilt for Denzel, since the only thing he could really regret would be Ricks getting mad at him. Though I could see him feeling sadness due to Cloud's guilt not letting him come back home, and his fear of that. I dunno :loopy:

I didn't say it was guilt for everyone. I mean, just read/watch Denzel's story? How is that boy not going to have issues that need resolving? XD

It makes no difference to me so long as people aren't using the wolf as LTD proof.

Read Case of Tifa. She has her own fair share of angst. :awesome:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom