The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

A

Great Old One
Youtube debates are really the most facepalm worthy. You can only type about 160 characters in each comment, so you have bad grammar and unexplained theories.

Cloud and Aerith belong together because it's Final FANTASY. Tifa is nothing special and worthless.

^ Note that this is coming from a person who claims to like Tifa.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
YouTube should either vastly increase the character limit in comments or get rid of them altogether, tbh. As it is the stupidity is just too mind-numbing for me to even bother wading into.

Vendel

Banned
YouTube should either vastly increase the character limit in comments or get rid of them altogether, tbh. As it is the stupidity is just too mind-numbing for me to even bother wading into.

And that is the only place you will find an active LTD.

Funny how that works.

A

Great Old One
Youtube debates can get really dumb and threatening. People take this shit way too seriously.

And that is the only place you will find an active LTD.
That's because they're not ganged up by evil Clotis like us.

Last edited:

paoo

♥
:sigh: There have been LTD's on my YT videos.
It's fucking stupid >_>

Oh... I just thought Tifa was horny proud when she gave Cloud "da look".

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Anywho...
Case of Tifa said:
After making certain that Cloud was asleep, she spoke to him. “We’ll be all right, won’t we?”
Of course, there was no answer. I only heard the sound of him sleeping. I wondered if the fact that he was sleeping here meant that he was part of the family.
“Do you love me?”
Cloud woke up, a perplexed look on his face.
“Hey, Cloud. Do you love Marlene?”
“Yeah. But sometimes I don’t know how to approach her.”
“Even though we’ve been together for some time?”
“Maybe that just isn’t enough.”
“Even we aren’t enough for you?”
Cloud didn’t answer.
“Sorry for asking some strange things.”
“Don’t apologize. It’s my problem.”
Cloud closed his eyes.
“Let’s work hard together.”

What does everyone think about this conversation?

Some people say that Cloud's perplexed or dubious facial expression is indicating he doesn't love her (although I personally never knew how to picture a dubious face, anyone?) and him not answering "we're not enough for you" indicates they are in fact not enough and they don't make him happy. Also, Tifa being so insecure as to ask if he loves her suggests that they aren't in a relationship, she doesn't feel loved by him and this equates to him probably not loving her.

But then here's my take on it. Tifa changes her question to ask if he loves Marlene yet Cloud says “Yeah. But sometimes I don’t know how to approach her." The "her" is much more likely to be Tifa than Marlene because I doubt Cloud would approach Marlene before Tifa about anything. In other words the context points at Tifa being the one he's admitting to loving but is unable to approach (and indeed he can't approach her, hence the communication problems and this echos Cloud's awkwardness in the original game both as a child and under the Highwind). Her use of "we've" instead of "you've" in the next line also makes me think that she's caught on to what he's just said - he loves her but can't approach her.

He didn't answer "not enough" because it's just not the case (afterall we've been told he was happy with them), but he can't explain what's wrong either. He can't approach her.

Tifa is insecure anyway, she always has been and it's common for females to randomly ask if the guy they're with loves them when things are getting rocky. It also makes me think that she's deffinitely aware that they're more than just friends otherwise she wouldn't be enquiring about such strong romantic feelings. In summary, she seems to of picked up the hints that he might/does love her like that but his behaviour is making her doubt it.

I'd like to add I'm not trying to be rabid. I just picked this up when I read CoT after having played the game and got to know the characters better.

Now everyone else, what did you think when you read this scene?

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
I'd like to add I'm not trying to be rabid. I just picked this up when I read CoT after having played the game and got to know the characters better.

I think you summed it up. Although I will add.

They are sharing a bed. :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Youtube debates are really the most facepalm worthy. You can only type about 160 characters in each comment, so you have bad grammar and unexplained theories.
All YouTube comments are easily explained with "I've been drinking paint thinner all afternoon."

Re: what a 'dubious face' looks like:
In the script (for what the useless waste of paper is worth), the face Cloud makes after first seeing Kadaj (when he makes all the monsters disappear in the wasteland scene) was called 'dubious' in Japanese.

him not answering "we're not enough for you" indicates they are in fact not enough and they don't make him happy.
Him not answering is rejecting her statement with silence, thus telling her that it's not true at all.

:monster:

But then here's my take on it. Tifa changes her question to ask if he loves Marlene yet Cloud says “Yeah. But sometimes I don’t know how to approach her." The "her" is much more likely to be Tifa than Marlene because I doubt Cloud would approach Marlene before Tifa about anything. In other words the context points at Tifa being the one he's admitting to loving but is unable to approach (and indeed he can't approach her, hence the communication problems and this echos Cloud's awkwardness in the original game both as a child and under the Highwind). Her use of "we've" instead of "you've" in the next line also makes me think that she's caught on to what he's just said - he loves her but can't approach her.
That was how I always read it as well.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
hitobito said:
All YouTube comments are easily explained with "I've been drinking paint thinner all afternoon."
QFT.

Could probably also be explained by most people who actually comment on the videos not being huge fans of FF7, and therefore not giving a shit about its finer points. Those who do fall into the "huge FF7 fan" category would likely make the points they care to make in a more appropriate forum. I've seen more than a few comments on videos containing Lucrecia that say "isn't that Aries?? I thought she died?"

Not to mention the countless ones that say, "No you idiots, JENOVA was Sephiroth's mother!"

:facepalm:

Raquelborn's whole post
old topic is old, unfortunately. The very same points you've just made were made and discussed about a week ago, maybe two. Except maybe the dubious thing.

paoo

♥

He didn't answer "not enough" because it's just not the case (afterall we've been told he was happy with them), but he can't explain what's wrong either. He can't approach her.

Tifa is insecure anyway, she always has been and it's common for females to randomly ask if the guy they're with loves them when things are getting rocky. It also makes me think that she's deffinitely aware that they're more than just friends otherwise she wouldn't be enquiring about such strong romantic feelings. In summary, she seems to of picked up the hints that he might/does love her like that but his behaviour is making her doubt it.

I've been thinking about it...
And Cloud doesn't really having a problem to approach Marlene, does he?
But he have it with Tifa, and she have it with Cloud as well.
They are starting a new life together, raising two children, it's all new to them. And they are both shy about their feelings, but they are trying in some way to admit it.

So, I really agree with you. :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well didn't it say somewhere she 'welcomed him back gently'. So I guess that is now canon!

And I agree with you about lesser men and women. I think the reason we never see their bed is because it has cast iron reinforcements and sound proofing on the walls.

And SE didn't want to scar any young minds.

Nah, it's just harder to render than Red and Cait is all.

Cloud apparently. He is not interested in filthy disgusting sex. Only pure and beautiful soul fusion.

I am always amused by such a suggestion, since no such thing exists in the compilation or other FFs really.

Edit: and look at what I am still dealing with on youtube.

That was posted an hour ago as of this edit.

Three versions fail! Also, was that danzaii/ohfuckchaos?

I recall repeatedly asking someone to take our discussion somewhere justice to it could be done.

^ Note that this is coming from a person who claims to like Tifa.

Remember, they don't hate Tifa, they just hate Cloti Tifa.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I know I'm joining this thread about 500 pages in, but I already agree totally with Raquelborn. Probably been mentioned somewhere in the last hundred pages or so, but Cloud's not exactly Romeo v.2. It always bugs me when people see him 'pulling a Cloud' and being awkward as "OMG he hates Tifa!"...when he doesn't. At all.
Just my two cents.

Before you ask, I did use the phrase 'pulling a Cloud'. I'm just that cool :eyeroll:

Vendel

Banned
Three versions fail! Also, was that danzaii/ohfuckchaos?

Nah
aznprince1001
And they are going crazy today...yeesh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF-FQ7y0Hgw

I recall repeatedly asking someone to take our discussion somewhere justice to it could be done.

Oh I know the response I will get if i ask them to come here.

Remember, they don't hate Tifa, they just hate Cloti Tifa.

Sadly for them that is the only one.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Nah
aznprince1001
And they are going crazy today...yeesh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GF-FQ7y0Hgw

I think I recall that'n too, yes.

Oh I know the response I will get if i ask them to come here.

Hell, anywhere other than Youtube, not just here gets dismissed. But ask 'em here anyways.

Sadly for them that is the only one.

My point exactly. Not that there's much difference between C/T Tifa and non C/T Tifa. She does all the same things, thinks the same things, the only difference is being with Cloud. One person said, in effect, it was inexcusable for Tifa to act as she did in AC if she was in a relationship with Cloud, but not if she wasn't. I never could get the logic backing that one up.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Holy shit, Danzaii is acting like she's foaming at the mouth. I think I got the jibblies just looking at her comments.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Holy shit, Danzaii is acting like she's foaming at the mouth. I think I got the jibblies just looking at her comments.

Danzaii is foaming at the mouth. If there was ever a true example of a rabid, it's her.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Holy crap, that's one big tosser. Jesus. They spun those facts up faster than a DJ at a New York Hip Hop nightclub.

I...I don't think there's any point to arguing with such a tool.

Vendel

Banned
One or two post at a time is one thing. But writing a fucking essay on youtube comments is a sign of ....well something not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom