The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
What gets me is the various different assumptions employed.

They assume that it's the same field Aerith appeared in.
They assume that where Cloud stopped is anywhere near where the apparition appeared.
They assume that the reason Cloud wanted her to close the store down tomorrow was because he was doing something at the time, and not because he wants an entire day off with the family.
They assume that the 'no, it wasn't that hard' was said to someone other than Tifa, even though he hadn't hung up yet.
They assume Cloud stayed stopped whereever he was, despite there being no change in the level or quality of light from the reminiscence shot and the credits shot.
Etc. etc. etc.

But then again, and I can't stress this enough, they assume their conclusion, making most of their arguments quite moot.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You know all someone has to do is read the fucking script of AC and read that Cloud does not even see Aerith. Aerith is watching Cloud before she disappears back into the Lifestream. The script outlines the purpose of her appearance clearly.

My question still stands.

That was a flower field?

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Those peeps who worked on that site/writers of those essays are... a little krayzee, at least when it comes to their ship. It's kind of sad, really.

@ Aeris in the fields/end credits: like Channy said, eyecandy/bone for the Aeris fans who wanted to see more of her. She barely got any screentime in the movie (while Tifa either got the most screentime / most dialogue, or the second most amount of screentime/dialogue). Some are like "why isn't Tifa in the credits?" Well, um... what would Tifa be doing there? Why would Tifa be randomly standing around on the side of highways or in fields? She's got kids & a business in the city to take care of.

+ not going to visit their site. They'll just get more hits (which is what they want... their site will be the first one to pop up on google).

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
+ not going to visit their site. They'll just get more hits (which is what they want... their site will be the first one to pop up on google).
view archive.org's cache of it, that way they don't get the hits :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Only according to the pink cult that script isn't canon because it has a few minor differences with the final film.

Wow...so a script of the entire film that was meant to be included and read with the film isn't canon?

....I'm at a loss for words.

Isabella

Your Mom
Mind-boggling, isn't it?

And you know what else? A guy smiling at a girl he's had a crush on from childhood -- and who he knows is in love with him -- and telling her he wants her by his side from this day forward, that he can now succeed where he's always failed because he has her ... well, that's just what you say to your friend. There's nothing remotely romantic about it. Nor is saying you'll be there for her and blushing. Not even slightly indicative of romance.

But a guy staring wide-eyed at woman who is dead? THAT'S ROMANCE, BABY.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Those peeps who worked on that site/writers of those essays are... a little krayzee, at least when it comes to their ship. It's kind of sad, really.

SO. MANY. ESSAYS. MY EYES, THEY BURN.

THAT IS ALL.

A

Great Old One

The picture of Tifa is beautiful.

And it's not that I don't approve of the essays, I just don't approve of the shit written on their 'essays.'

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I don't approve of the fact that unrelated shit is being labeled as proof.

Lens flare = ribbon? Does not compute.

A

Great Old One
Right. Or Cloud getting a gift with BOW tied on it equaling that Aerith sent it to him and they are holeh lovers.

DillyDally

盈盈一水间 脉&

The picture of Tifa is beautiful.

It reminds me of that Anti-Cloti forum. Their banner is great. I guess someone will get confused the first time buz it looks so much like a pro-Cloti one. At lease I did.

Tennyo, I think it can be called a flower field even it does look like weeds. You should take a closer look at them.

I also find it kinda ironic that all those flowerfields don't exist in FFVII. Geez, they were shot in Howaii! Even if they do, why do ALL flowers become a symbol of Aerith when she is NOT the one taking care of them? So anyone who pick those flowers are in love with her.....
It makes those growing in Aerith's church worthless since it's now EVERYWHERE. >_>

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
It reminds me of that Anti-Cloti forum. Their banner is great. I guess someone will get confused the first time buz it looks so much like a pro-Cloti one. At lease I did.

Tennyo, I think it can be called a flower field even it does look like weeds. You should take a closer look at them.

I also find it kinda ironic that all those flowerfields don't exist in FFVII. Geez, they were shot in Howaii! Even if they do, why do ALL flowers become a symbol of Aerith when she is NOT the one taking care of them? So anyone who pick those flowers are in love with her.....
It makes those growing in Aerith's church worthless since it's now EVERYWHERE. >_>

Don't worry, Dilly. (Hi, btw. :D) Cloud picked 'Aerith' and set 'her' on Zack's grave, therefore flowers/Aerith on Zack's grave= Zerith.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Actually, no. I think there some of the staff members are pro-Clerith, just like the staff members are pro-Cloti. Nomura once mentioned about having trouble because there were people who preferred one pairing from another.
Old, but I was just re-reading the last few pages (since I missed so much), and... when did Nomura once mention this?

A

Great Old One
Old, but I was just re-reading the last few pages (since I missed so much), and... when did Nomura once mention this?
Mm, I was debating and someone randomly brought up the quote. I don't think this is the exact word-for-word quote, but here goes:

"We've held some disagreement with the staff on who Cloud pairs up with in the end. But we've made a decision."

Something like that. I'll try looking for it.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
"We've held some disagreement with the staff on who Cloud pairs up with in the end. But we've made a decision."

Huh. Never seen this before. So if this quote is real then all the "it's up to interpretation" crap goes out the window 'officially'.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Mm, I was debating and someone randomly brought up the quote. I don't think this is the exact word-for-word quote, but here goes:

Something like that. I'll try looking for it.
Interesting. But, did this person give an actual, credible source? People always bring in quotes, and sometimes... it's a quote from a non-existent interview. In other words, they made it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom