The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If the nail is ever truely put in the coffin I'll quit debating, though. There has to be a line drawn and I'll eventually get to the point where I just don't care what the other side has to say anymore since I know my side is right. :)

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Well in Minnesota someone who is sixteen or seventeen is only legal for people who are up to twenty four months older than them. :P I haven't heard anything on this for a while but I don't think it's ever been changed.

I broke that rule, oops. :monster:

...Cloud makes a pretty convincing lady too.

Yeah, seriously. Even little girls at Junon top him. =/

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
If the nail is ever truely put in the coffin I'll quit debating, though. There has to be a line drawn and I'll eventually get to the point where I just don't care what the other side has to say anymore since I know my side is right. :)

Yes, I suppose you guys are right...sigh.. when will this madness end!??

I mean why do people ignore facts...

I didn't like Tifa at first, I was thinking she was the typical "hide your feelings because your too shy" type girl, but man later I was proven soo wrong, and I fell in love with her..

Come on, Cloud's heart was calling for her!!! Imagine Cloud telling Barret that, for those who think that was not romantic ( you lurkers hehe)

also, I cant wait for the re-release of CoT!!! wonder what they will add ;)

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Seriously, there could be a Cloud/Tifa sex scene in ACC and it wouldn't put it to rest.

"He's just pretending its Aeris."

Y'know, there's a doujinshi kinda like that. The thrust of the reasoning is entirely different. His holding her around is getting in the way of his life with Tifa, and he sort of snaps when it comes to a head, and he keeps seeing her in place of Tifa while they have sex, until he 'lets go' and the burden is released. Then with the weight gone, he feels better, and proceeds to schtup Tifa again. It's incredibly awkward, and honestly, reminded me of the Spirit Lover conclusion, IE- Yes, all his problems will be solved by getting laid.

Yes, I suppose you guys are right...sigh.. when will this madness end!??

MADNESS? THIS! IS!
a seriously minor plot twist that's been blown entirely out of proportion. Madness is kind of an understatement.

I mean why do people ignore facts...

You want the long or the short answer?

I didn't like Tifa at first, I was thinking she was the typical "hide your feelings because your too shy" type girl, but man later I was proven soo wrong, and I fell in love with her..

'you're' too shy. The Possessive/ Contraction error is one of the ones that really just bugs me.

Come on, Cloud's heart was calling for her!!! Imagine Cloud telling Barret that, for those who think that was not romantic ( you lurkers hehe)

It has been said to my e-face that hearts calling out to each other and Cloud only opening his heart to Tifa had no romantic implications in the slightest.

also, I cant wait for the re-release of CoT!!! wonder what they will add ;)

Nothing but outright rejection.
But I won't say of who, by who.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Oh god I think I'm going to lose my lunch at the reminder of Spirit Lover.

It has been said to my e-face that hearts calling out to each other and Cloud only opening his heart to Tifa had no romantic implications in the slightest.
That's because she's not Aerith, and Cloud isn't feeling her/Sephiroth in his soul like in the Forgotten City. Nothing counts if it isn't about Aerith.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
...but dead Aeris' spirit living on in the hearts of Cloud, AVALANCHE and a bunch of random children, that--that is true love, my friends.

HE TOUCHES HER LIFESTREAM TENDRILS HAND, MMMKAY?

Nothing counts if it isn't about Aerith.
The past has no effect on the future, unless we're talking about Aeris and totally excludign Zack. Because nobody likes Zack. Certainly not Aeris. She even threw away his ribbon and got her own pink ribbon. It just happens to look exactly the same, ok? So piss off!

Isabella

Your Mom
Someone should make a list of all the things that AREN'T ROMANTIC in FF7.

* Hearts calling out to one another? NOT ROMANTIC
* Cloud blushing in front of Tifa and talking mushy? NOT ROMANTIC
* "Words aren't the only way to tell what you're thinking ..." NOT ROMANTIC
* "They come to realize their feelings for one another at the end of the story, and live together in AC and DOC." NOT ROMANTIC
* Koibito? NOT ROMANTIC

etc.

What is romantic?
* Staring wide-eyed at two dead people standing before you
* Feeling guilt for said deaths
* Riding past a flowerfield while heading out to Barret's place

etc.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
* Dressing in drag to save Tifa = not.

* Dressing in drag because Aerith suggests it = yes.

But Barret's 'place', eh. I remember 'places'.

I decree that this topic now focus on what great spiritual love affair Barret might be having in his random field 'place'. Is Aerith an ectoplasmic hussy? Cloud a cuckolded spirit lover? Or do Aerith's Mary-Sue many powers include summoning Lifestream bodies for Barret's dead wife?

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
It might be for the canonical Aerith, but not for the Cleriths' "interpretation" of her :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
It's also pretty damn close to the truth if you ask me.

Isabella

Your Mom
The Clerith interpretation of Aerith is the most Mary Sueish Mary Sue this side of Twilight.

And yes, why is not more noise made of Barret moving out to the fields, using an ambiguous "oil" alibi? Cloud can barely be assed to go out and visit once in a while.

:monster:

A

Great Old One
I agree, the Clerith interpretation makes Aerith seem like a Mary-Sue, perfect, I-can't-do-anything-wrong type, while Tifa is a 'hot mess.'

And no offense, but Clerith's way of a happy ending ends up having two characters heartbroken. Tragic Tifa.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Because Tifa is the 'tragic heroine'.

No wait, that's what they always call Aerith. I guess getting your man despite the obvious handicap of being dead is pretty tragic.

And yes, why is not more noise made of Barret moving out to the fields, using an ambiguous "oil" alibi? Cloud can barely be assed to go out and visit once in a while.

"Oil" is FFVII slang for a kind of sex that can only be described in the purple prose of fanfiction. You don't see it happen, you can't prove it doesn't happen. You've gotta believe in the unseen.

:comedian:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
The Clerith interpretation of Aerith is the most Mary Sueish Mary Sue this side of Twilight.

Because clearly Barret is some savage beast with no regard for anything but himself.

A

Great Old One
Because Tifa is the 'tragic heroine'.
I don't think Tifa is considered a 'heroine' to some people. More like just total FAIL.

No wait, that's what they always call Aerith. I guess getting your man despite the obvious handicap of being dead is pretty tragic.
The beautiful romance between a Romeo and Juliet, blah blah blah....

Because clearly Barret is some savage beast with no regard for anything but himself.
Lol, actually, I don't see how some support Barret/Tifa. I mean, clearly Barret thinks of her as a daughter, and yet they some say that Cloud and Tifa is like a mother-son relationship. What? Does that even make sense?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It makes the 'Tifa with anyone but Cloud' sense that tends to be the logic behind a lot of 'But Tifa can have' pairings.

Don't forget, Hito, that 'you don't have to prove/ can't disprove' standard only applies to 'Oil'. 'Regular' sex must be held to triple ultra secret probation standard of evidence.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Lol, actually, I don't see how some support Barret/Tifa. I mean, clearly Barret thinks of her as a daughter, and yet they some say that Cloud and Tifa is like a mother-son relationship. What? Does that even make sense?

Uh, a daughter? I thought they were more like brother/sister.

Barret really has no father-daughter moments with Tifa at all.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
That explains the phone call from Barret in AC. 'Struck oil'. He's just calling to brag about how he's gotten laid. With Cloud's dead woman.

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
PLATONIC

-promises under the stars
-keeping said promise in~heart~ well into adulthood
-joining fuckin eco-terrorists for girl
-dressing in drag to save girl
-having secret wishes and tender memories regarding said girl
-intimate physical contact
-constantly singling out said girl, saying only her opinion/attitude matters
-sleep with said girl under the stars in all given versions
-telling girl that you were 'devastated' and wanted to be noticed by her
-hearts calling to each other
-after you get your head straight, telling her that you are happy to know of her feelings for you
-after revealing your huge crush on her, follow it with a "nothing's changed at all"
-totally not saving your own true pink love until girl comes to tell you she believes in you and you should get off your ass before said love gets impaled by your enemy
-livin together
-raising children together
-having pretty family pictures of only you and girl + kids on ur desk
-telling girl that only by her side can you be happy
-leaving the comfort she offers to protect her/your family and living in a run-down church

...etc.

ROMANTIC

-saving defensless girl from assassins
-being told you're just like old boyfriend
-leave her house in the middle of the night, prepared never to see her again until she stalks you
-telling girl not only are you there for her, but EVERYONE else is too
-being sad for girl's death
-feeling guilty for standing there like an idiot while girl was impaled
-hand-reaching
-looking googly-eyed when two ghosts appear
-girl iving in the hearts of EVERYONE LIVING who knew her, including boy

...what else am I missing?

oh right, theme composed for the smile Cloud gives to Tifa = NOT romantic
vaguely Aeris sounding theme in main theme or some other such bullshit = total tru love

EDIT:

Doesn't Barret also say some shit about Tifa being Cloud's "little baby" or something? Or was that soemone else? Yo, Sheilz!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom