The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
people are stoopid. Especially considering that this is the Japanese, who generally prefer not to spell things out for people (see also
Shadow being Relm's father
)

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I've actually seen people argue that Tifa was embarrassed because she broke down crying when Cloud rejects her and she was embarrassed the others saw her cry. :lol:

Too bad Cloud was noticeably embarrassed too huh? :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I wouldn'ta put it past people tp come up with THAT conclusion. :wacky:

However if they left it as is, it would have made the LTD alot easier, not to mention a slap in the face for all Cleriths out there.

onowait, he had his zipper stuck when he went for a piss and he was helping her. TOTALLY. :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
They'll cling to any perceived loophole, no matter how remote, won't they?

"It says Cloud and Tifa revealed their feelings to each other in a scene that contains risque dialogue, but it doesn't say what those feelings were!! You see? Cloud loves Aerith after all!"
Where's all that deductive reasoning now? The kind that concluded 'undying feelings' means Cloud loves Aerith 4eva (even if the reasoning was based on lies).

They're confirming mutual feelings for each other. Tifa loves Cloud. If they're confirming feelings they both (mutual) have, and Tifa loves Cloud, ergo Cloud must love Tifa too.

Isabella

Your Mom
Tifa's cuddled up next to Cloud the next morning, saying cheesy crap like "just a little longer" and "this day may not come again," etc. CLASSIC morning-after dialogue. And totally not consistent with a woman who's just been rejected by the man she loves. How freakin' sorry-ass would Tifa have to be to behave that way after he rejected her?

They're confirming mutual feelings for each other. Tifa loves Cloud. If they're confirming feelings they both (mutual) have, and Tifa loves Cloud, ergo Cloud must love Tifa too.
Hey hito, is the word "mutual" actually in there?

A

Great Old One
Inorite?

Tifa doesn't even look like she was rejected, imo. I don't see how people think that she was rejected, when the very next day she acts cheesy-lovey-dovey.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Tifa's cuddled up next to Cloud the next morning, saying cheesy crap like "just a little longer" and "this day may not come again," etc.
Doesn't another FF couple say the whole 'just a little bit longer' thing? I'm sure someone did, but I don't remember who.

Hey hito, is the word "mutual" actually in there?
I'm about to go to bed, so checking will have to wait, but it was IIRC (互い).

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey

Obviously, the only mutual feelings Cloud and Tifa confirmed is friendship. :monster:

kelly20

Pro Adventurer
I am going to wait and see how they "interpret" the new information from the CREATORS of the game from this interview....you know the stuff like how

Zack WAS Aerith's first love, something that was never said for Cloud (except for the story by Benny, which is not canon)

Originally Sephiroth was going to be her love interest, not Cloud (many think they are the original couple before Tifa came in)

Aerith saw Zack in Cloud ( most/all? deny this)

Tifa is a Heroine too, and the girl that always watches over the hero

hmm what else?

or maybe they will have their "special" translators translate some lines..

p.s
these are only the Rabid ones :)

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
THE END TO ALL OF IT

theywishtifacloudsephby.jpg

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Did it just get cold in here or is it just me?

Anyways, amusing macros aside, is there really anything left to seriously discuss? I know it seems like we're now just preaching to the choir and stuff now but we gotta have some sort of point and stuff here now. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
tbh I think we're done. LTD is over. D=

Also, screw you guys and the pics oldness. I didn't know. :monster:

A

Great Old One
Anyways, amusing macros aside, is there really anything left to seriously discuss? I know it seems like we're now just preaching to the choir and stuff now but we gotta have some sort of point and stuff here now. :monster:
I'm pretty sure that after the release of ACC, we'll be debating once moar. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You get an A for effort with the pic posting, Channy. It's an oldie but goodie and needed to be posted in this thread at some point.

Also this thread can't end until it has OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAND pages. :monster:

Username

Banned
Ofcourse i agree, because i still have my case to debate here :monster:

Aeris loves cloud, but we are unsure about if cloud loves aeris....hmm, so first of all in the FF7 game, he focuses alot on both aeris and tifa, considering aeris dies in the game, he still focuses alot around his short time with her, the mear debate and LTD idea is evidence that the short time aeris spent with cloud ensures he might like her a little.

He was devastated by her death....but he was her friend right?? any friend would feel bad like that?? well no not exactly, yes you would be sad, but no not THAT sad for someone you hardly know, he must of "liked her right?" he still remembers her deeply although he only knew her briefly :monster:

thats nuff for now.

Isabella

Your Mom
How do we know Aeris loves Cloud? We know she was drawn to him, but we also know why -- because of Zack. Are we ever shown she loves him truly, for himself?

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
any friend would feel bad like that?? well no not exactly, yes you would be sad, but no not THAT sad for someone you hardly know,
I'm pretty sure you'd be devastated by the death through impalement of someone you'd sworn to protect regardless of whether you'd known them an hour or your whole life.

Username

Banned
We are not shown if she loves him for who he is, but she still likes the real cloud a lot.

And also, you would be very sad at the death of someone you swore to protect but at the end of the day, why is he still remembering her years later? you would remember but not as dramatic as clouds head.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Um yeah, I'm pretty sure it would haunt me for years. A failure like that is not exactly something you get over immediately.

And we pretty explicitly are shown that the main reason for her initial attraction to Cloud is his similarity to Zack; she even admits as much when she says he reminds her of him.

A

Great Old One
We are not shown if she loves him for who he is, but she still likes the real cloud a lot.

And also, you would be very sad at the death of someone you swore to protect but at the end of the day, why is he still remembering her years later? you would remember but not as dramatic as clouds head.
First, how do you know she still likes the real Cloud? I see no signs of her usual flirting nature in AC, and don't forget that her main reason for even liking Cloud in the first place is because she saw Cloud.

And I don't see how him remembering Aerith is 'romantic.' Unless, the whole gang have feelings for her. :awesomonster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ofcourse i agree, because i still have my case to debate here :monster:

Aeris loves cloud, but we are unsure about if cloud loves aeris....hmm, so first of all in the FF7 game, he focuses alot on both aeris and tifa, considering aeris dies in the game, he still focuses alot around his short time with her, the mear debate and LTD idea is evidence that the short time aeris spent with cloud ensures he might like her a little.

No. Not at all. People believed Rinoa was Ultimecia. That doesn't mean it's at all a valid belief.

If I had promised to protect someone and saw them skewered in front of my eyes, I'd probably be freaked out about it years down the line, ESPECIALLY if I felt a measure of culpability in said death.

Plus, he also feels much the same about Zack and his death.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom