The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

A

Great Old One
Wasn't there only a preview of the twenty minute movie, while the whole script itself already planned out?

And I guess we just have to wait and see for the movie. ._.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I knew I shouldn't have hired Bruce the CloTi ninja to carry on when Murasaki took his vacation time.

Fuck, I dropped the ball.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I like the idea of both Tifa and Aerith being in said film, actually. But yeah, I wish they would let us read that original story, if for no other reason than just to see how things progressed and changed.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I like the idea of both Tifa and Aerith being in said film, actually. But yeah, I wish they would let us read that original story, if for no other reason than just to see how things progressed and changed.
You would like it, you fence-sitter, you.

Reunion Files Complete, complete with original prototype script fgj :awesomonster:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Wow, contradicting statements. NOMURA, I AM NOT SURPRISED. I hope the translation of the RF I read, wasn't a mistake saying that the movie originally contained Cloud, Tifa, and the kids. (I've used that in the LTD. I think I'd have to go apologize for being so adamant about it during certain discussions, if it were false.)

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Hey I'm not a fence sitter anymore! >:(

I was thinking more along the lines of Aerith bring them together or something...

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
You can't take the fence-sitting out of the girl :monster:

Wow, contradicting statements. NOMURA, I AM NOT SURPRISED. I hope the translation of the RF I read, wasn't a mistake saying that the movie originally contained Cloud, Tifa, and the kids. (I've used that in the LTD. I think I'd have to go apologize for being so adamant about it during certain discussions, if it were false.)
It's not a mistake, although RF was Nomura and this Aerith one was Nojima.

But then again, that quote Lily Ella posted was Nojima was well, so he's the one contradicting himself this time.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
And while it's entirely possible he is contradicting himself here, I shall err on the side of not intending to contradict himself and continue assuming error on the part of the magazine until further explanation arrives.

Isabella

Your Mom
Aerith being the one to deliver a message to Cloud via children always made more sense to me anyway.

*hides from evil Clotis* :awesomonster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Well I've never used the original scrapped idea in debates anyway, since I don't think scrapped ideas are viable. I would only maybe use the fact that Aerith was originally intended to be in love with Sephiroth to counter people using the fact that Aerith and Cloud were the first two characters Nomura designed. Of course that would only be to further lay out the concept that you can't use scrapped ideas as evidence. If the ideas were really great enough to have merit, don't you think they would have been implemented into the story line?

Aerith being the one to deliver a message to Cloud via children always made more sense to me anyway.

Yeah it kind of does make more sense. Why would Tifa be so coy? Unless he wants to lead him into some lavishly decorated room full of candles and wine without realizing what or who would be there when he finally got there. XD

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
It seems to be that Nomura wanted one thing and Nomura the other. They must be going against each other. But now that the movie is getting an update, we'll just have to wait and see about the twenty minute movie.

"Fans will be surprised."
"From a secret person."

BLAH BLAH TELL US ALREADY.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I demand people argue that Vincent is actually a detective/investigator, as per his early drafts. Or that there's a femme Sephiroth.

And that Cloud wanted to go home to Tifa while being experimented on :monster:

They've said all along that the original idea was used in AC, which ends with kids who get a message from Aerith. I thought it was pretty clear :monster:

But original 20 min. AC had no fighting or any of that, so it probably wasn't 'this guy are dead, go dip in him some water'. We just don't know what the original message was. Maybe it was the one on the phone in AC, kid coming up to him and going "she never blamed you/forgive yourself/etc.", and then it ends like the film. Cloud returning to Tifa.

I mean, driving around flower fields looking for some ghostly loving.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Both Aerith and Tifa using street rats to convey messages make sense to me, really.

I'm just curious what the message was.

"Oi, Chocobutt. Spend more time with Tifa. I didn't save the world so the two of you wouldn't get your freak on! Oh, and Zack says hi."

Though Hitobito's idea gives me an idea of an obviously possessed and creepy kid walking up to Cloud and telling him, a la the twins of the Shining.

A

Great Old One
And that Cloud wanted to go home to Tifa while being experimented on :monster:
Well, he was in such a vegetable state we didn't know what he was thinking about anyways. :awesomonster:

I mean, driving around flower fields looking for some ghostly loving.
Cloud driving away from Aerith only means that he can't take the pain. D:

And you know, Aerith is only able to manifest her self when one needs her the most, so she and he can't technically even see each other.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Oh another thing that I think we can talk about regarding the new Dengeki PS3. It regards Cloud and his leaving and something else revealed in ACC and OTWTS.

Cloud didn't just leave Seventh Heaven because of his own depression and fear. He wanted to try to find a cure for Geostigma because of Denzel, and contracted the disease while he was gone.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Oooh, you didn't just post that :monster: I was thinking if I should post that.

That's the reason for Cloud's CoT-period/post-Geostigma absences. Take that, flower field searching :monster:

And remember: these are Japanese magazines. They might as well have been written by God/Nomura himself :awesomonster:

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Holy shit, it's like they're listening to things I said could make the show better, and implemented them.

::Starts thinking at Square Enix::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom