The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, that kinda changes Cloud's motivation and character a bit in terms of AC's portrayal, now doesn't it? :awesomonster:

Bruce the CloTi Ninja did one thing right at least.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Oh another thing that I think we can talk about regarding the new Dengeki PS3. It regards Cloud and his leaving and something else revealed in ACC and OTWTS.

Cloud didn't just leave Seventh Heaven because of his own depression and fear. He wanted to try to find a cure for Geostigma because of Denzel, and contracted the disease while he was gone.

Say WHAT?!

And here I always assumed that
Cloud had contracted Geostigma before he even met Denzel!
My my my now that IS a twist.

I kind of like it, though. :)

*applause to Square* Awesomeness.

And nay I say, the letter was in fact from...Priscilla! *dun dun duunnnn*
...Or not, since that would be highly awkward due to the high age difference. Although it would be interesting to see her in a future compilation title.

Edit: Since the Dengeki PS3 was mentioned... I don't understand the part,
"Mog girl’ is really people within Square Enix, and Nozue and Nojima hit it off because of her.". That sentence makes no sense to me.

Last edited:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'd love to see Priscilla in ACC :monster: Randomly popping out of nowhere just to glomp Cloud. Which actually makes me think... ACC needs moar locations.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
If they show Cloud going to Junon then Priscilla jumping out and glomping him would be plausible. I can just imagine how incredibly awkward it would make him feel. XD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I concur on Tifa/Scarlet fight. What was pretty lol worthy.

Also where did Cloud/Scarlet suddenly come from, Alise?

Also concur on crossdresser Cloud. lol Almost sounds like a type of Barbie. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Yeah, that was rather random. Let's keep this on the actual LTD and not every woman in the Compilation. :monster:

Plus you completely ignored that important revelation about Cloud leaving, BBM.

Isabella

Your Mom
Maybe she meant to post it in the Cloud club. So, about the spoilah,
does it just concern the time he was gone for long periods? I assume he moves out and into the church for the same reason: that he'd given up?

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
Also where did Cloud/Scarlet suddenly come from, Alise?
Well, you guys were talking about Priscilla, so I thought, hey, why don't I just throw in Scarlet? :monster:

Jessie.

Plus you completely ignored that important revelation about Cloud leaving, BBM. :monster:
What important revelation, Yhaaaun? :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Mako Eyes said:
Oh another thing that I think we can talk about regarding the new Dengeki PS3. It regards Cloud and his leaving and something else revealed in ACC and OTWTS.

Cloud didn't just leave Seventh Heaven because of his own depression and fear. He wanted to try to find a cure for Geostigma because of Denzel, and contracted the disease while he was gone.

:monster: :monster: :monster:

A

Great Old One
Whoa, huge plot twist there. I wonder what people think about it, now that we can confirm that he wasn't flower searching at all - and that brings me to Isabella's question... about the church...

This isn't making much sense to me now. Everything's being updated, and now I can't tell whether what I've heard from is true or not.

:awesomonster:

Isabella

Your Mom
I wouldn't call it a plot twist. More like filling in the blanks. ::p: Though in the end it doesn't matter ... we all know it's just an excuse to escape that naggy bitch.

A

Great Old One
Do you guys think that the end credits for the original AC (where Cloud is... apparently meeting up Aerith in the sixth dimension in a flowerfield or whatever) is going to be replaced with that new song and a new ending?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It could be replaced, that's a possibility.

And it also changes the whole, "Cloud only ran from his problems because he was weak" argument as well. He had a plan and wasn't just running from his own infection.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Maybe she meant to post it in the Cloud club. So, about the spoilah,
does it just concern the time he was gone for long periods? I assume he moves out and into the church for the same reason: that he'd given up?
I think it's after Denzel appears, and up to the point when he leaves for the church. He gives up after getting sick,. His 'trying to save lives in danger' (CoT) must have been finding a cure, and now he thinks he can't help anyone.

On a related-ish subject, was Cloud even looking for specially Aerith's forgiveness in the AC scene (first one with Aerith)? Where she asks why he came there, and he says he wants to be forgiven. The way I read it has been:

- Why did you come (to this place, the forest)?
- I want to be forgiven (so I'm going to save these kids).

Not much of a subject, but thinking of it I was wondering what others read into that scene.

A

Great Old One
Yeah, based on the song title, I hope it is replaced. It sounds like a sweet song, and the title of the song, "Safe and Sound," might represent Cloud himself. Plus, Calling wasn't even planned out to be 'Cloud's song,' unless he could foretell the future.

And I'm not sure if Cloud had a plan. I think that his thoughts were just suddenly... kah-boom after finding out he got Geostigma. He left because he had Geostigma, right?

Not much of a subject, but thinking of it I was wondering what others read into that scene.
Sorry, can you rephrase that...? I'm not getting what you're saying - I mean, he does ask Aerith for forgiveness, right?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Noo..that's the whole point of the revelation. :monster:

He didn't leave because he had geostigma. He left because he wanted to FIND a cure for Geostigma to protect Denzel and the kids. And he contracted it while searching. Thus he gives up and becomes even more depressed.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I think Cloud thinks finding the cure/ taking care of denzel will be a sufficient penance for his failures to Zack and Aerith.

And yeah, once he finds he has Geostigma, he figures he's being punished or something, hence the sequester in the church, the visits to the fallen, the request for forgiveness, etc.

A

Great Old One
I know, but it's not like he left them while he was looking for a cure to protect his family, right? Because he was only living in the church for a couple of days... so when he gets it, that's when he actually 'leaves,' them, right?

And I can't help but wonder what... some people may think about this reasoning. :awesomonster:

Which are facts.

I think Cloud thinks finding the cure/ taking care of denzel will be a sufficient penance for his failures to Zack and Aerith.
Well, that, and I hope he saves Tifa again.

Isabella

Your Mom
I agree, hito. Though I do think he wants forgiveness from Aerith, that wasn't his reason for going to the FC because he didn't know Aerith would be contacting him there. So it's not like he's thinking, "I want to ask Aerith for forgiveness so I'm gonna go to a place where I can ask her." He wants to alleviate his guilt, and he's trying to save the children in order to do so.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
orry, can you rephrase that...? I'm not getting what you're saying - I mean, he does ask Aerith for forgiveness, right?
Not exactly (and who doesn't love picking at words exactly :monster:). He just says he wants to be forgiven, but not 'I want you, Aerith, to forgive me'.

And since he doesn't say it, it can't count. Like lack of "I love you, Tifa" means TS for that :awesomonster:

Obviously, though, she is one of the people he thinks he's failed, and in the film she pretty much represents all of them as far as forgiveness goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom