The First Epic LTD of TLS forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Heh no I not be who you think I be...if indeed that person has a kid...as I do not. But tis nice to meet you all the same! NC native?

Nope, you're not who I was thinking of. And yep, NC native. Originally winston, now CH. Yourself?

Dang, you must have been around a long ass time ago. Like way back when OWD wasn't the Elder Statesman yet.

Haha yes, I am beyond ancient in forum years.

Nope, you're not who I was thinking of. And yep, NC native. Originally winston, now CH. Yourself? </SPAN>
Up near sparta next to the blue ridge parkway. Pretty much middle of nowhere, though I work in elkin. Eh well thats still in nowhere..but eh...I have frequented winston many times though and chapel hill is lovely!

And sorry this should probably be on another thread...on an on topic note...um yeah I've got nothing that hasn't already been stated. And oh my god 3 people from nc in one forum! *is in awe*

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
Okay, on topic...

Can someone post the affection thingies here, or give me a link?

I want to see just how you can treat Tifa or Aerith as shit. I've been wondering where in the world this argument came from.

Thanks. :monster:

And hai thar, Barking. Welcome to the LTD. LULZ TRIANGLE DEBACLE. :awesome:

Ladyofmoonlight

Rookie Adventurer
Okay, on topic...

Can someone post the affection thingies here, or give me a link?

I want to see just how you can treat Tifa or Aerith as shit. I've been wondering where in the world this argument came from.

I'm sure someone will post something far more substantial than me, but there is the fact that you can call Aerith the Slum Drunk at some point early on, when she asks if you remember her. You're given the option to disappoint Tifa (like by giving the flower to Marlene) and you can tell Aerith that Tifa isn't your girlfriend, but you can't insult Tifa by calling her the slum drunk... though you'd think if Aerith was the slum drunk and Tifa was the slum bartender that they would've met. I never could figure out how those two hadn't met up in the 5 years Tifa had been living there and gaining popularity.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
And even when you tell Aerith that Tifa isn't your girlfriend, Aerith makes fun of him for denying it so vehemently, more like he was embarrassed than disinterested. So, while it's considered a negative thing for Tifa's count, from Cloud's end it didn't even seem like a rejection really.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
You can take it as him being flustered and/or shy and embarrassed, and it wouldn't be considered ~twisting~. It's kind of like when Tifa insists that she and cloud are "just friends, and nothing more."

Hmmm perhaps? Do I know ye? I was an early days member...and had a bad habit of lurking and then falling completely out of existence. I was wayward tempest
Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! And I still have that King Nomura gif thingie you made saved on my comp.

Oh, and I'm Jem/Jemima, by the way. Don't know if you remember me or not though. Though if you don't remember me, then there is something wrong with you, as I am so totally unforgettable.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Ooo, ooo, is it me you're thinking of? Also, hi, the kid is doing great, hoping for another one sometime this year, and Cloti still rocks :)

It was indeed. Good to hear he's doing fine. New one male, female, or unknown? Yes it do.
And before we get too off topic, let's take it where off topic truly belongs.
Faith.

Haha yes, I am beyond ancient in forum years.

Up near sparta next to the blue ridge parkway. Pretty much middle of nowhere, though I work in elkin. Eh well thats still in nowhere..but eh...I have frequented winston many times though and chapel hill is lovely!

And sorry this should probably be on another thread...on an on topic note...um yeah I've got nothing that hasn't already been stated. And oh my god 3 people from nc in one forum! *is in awe*

We're slowly taking over the internet.
But yes, back to the topic...

And I still don't see Cloud's expression there as an actual smile. Corners no turn up. It's a happy expression, sure, but smile? Nah.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Okay, so because I'm bored and has nothing to do, I tallied all the times that you can 'please' your date candidates and 'displease' them. I think I saw a Clerith essay once that used numbers and carp, so now I'm using numbers as well. In the most simple way.

Regardless of the +points and repetitions, this is the ranking of who you can 'please' the most in Disc 1 (from highest to lowest):

1. Tifa - 20 times
2. Aerith - 18 times
3. Barret - 15 times
4. Yuffie - 9 times

Here's the ranking for the number of times you can 'displease' them (from lowest to highest):

1. Yuffie - 3 times
2. Barret - 6 times
3. Tifa - 11 times
4. Aerith - 12 times

:monster: It seems Cloud can't treat Yuffie or Barret "as shit" as much as Tifa or Aerith. In fact, it seems that you can treat Aerith badly the most.

And look who tops the 'please' charts! :awesomonster:

Thoughts on my simple-mindedness? :awesome:

Edit: Counted from: http://www.ffonline.com/media/guides...i_faq_date.txt

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Truthfully you can't treat Tifa like shit. None of Cloud's dialogue to her is rude.

I know that. But I'm trying to approach things the rabid Clerith way. (specific now)

It looks to me as though their logic backfired. :awesome:

Isabella

Your Mom
Where people really go wrong is in thinking disc one has any bearing on what the real Cloud feels. He's a blank slate for a reason; we can all play the dating game for shits and giggles. It can't stop the Lifestream scene from happening, no matter what you choose.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Where people really go wrong is in thinking disc one has any bearing on what the real Cloud feels. He's a blank slate for a reason; we can all play the dating game for shits and giggles. It can't stop the Lifestream scene from happening, no matter what you choose.

Which is why Clerith is mind-boggling as canonz. :monster: I know I'm not choosing who to date after Disc 2. :awesome:

Which is why you shouldn't use it, even in a controlled setting w/ adult supervision. :)

Thank you for your advice. I'll be sure to rely on my own logic now. :awesomonster: I do believe I make some sense.

Last edited:
I'm in for the lulz! :awesome:

You get +10 for taking Aerith with you and Barrett to see Dyne? That seems...random. Though it has been ages since i've played the game. Seems like a big make up jump seeing as how quickly you can deplete her lead.

And you get +3 for Tifa if you say we have to help Aerith and get a -2 if you ask her if she's alright first? Damn they were right....what a selfish nag.

Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! And I still have that King Nomura gif thingie you made saved on my comp. Oh, and I'm Jem/Jemima, by the way. Don't know if you remember me or not though. Though if you don't remember me, then there is something wrong with you, as I am so totally unforgettable.

Jem!!! Yes I memba you! Ah yes fun times on the internetz! Though sadly there is still something wrong with me...I'm tryin to cope. Hehe can't believe anyone remembers me...because I am totally forgettable! Woo!

And I still don't see Cloud's expression there as an actual smile. Corners no turn up. It's a happy expression, sure, but smile? Nah.

You know I was going to try and find some snapshots for comparison because the two smiles seemed very different to me...and then I saw youtube comments and laughed so hard I forgot what I was doing....ok here we go

I can't find the other picture where he is smiling and looking directly at Tifa. But how is the content grin of peace above remotely considered romantic while looking at two dead people walk out the door? When she asks if he's all right now shouldn't he rend his clothes and run after her leaping into her ghostly arms and saying 'yes I am now.' While Zack approaches from behind :lol:. He smiles after she asks him her question, meaning that yes he is all right now. Theres nothing romantic about it. Thats about as usless an argument as the whole back to back thing.

Last edited:

Ladyofmoonlight

Rookie Adventurer
Thoughts on my simple-mindedness? :awesome:

Well, you can count so you can't be all THAT simple minded...

I do think it's telling that you can please Tifa more than Aerith and displease Aerith more than Tifa. Granted the numbers are pretty close but it's also a very small grouping of numbers.

Also, please note that at Corneo's mansion if Aerith is chosen as his date then Tifa's affection increases if you show concern for Aerith and decreases if you show concern for her (Tifa). A little bit of selflessness right there that I like seeing written down :) Not to bash Aerith (I like her, trust me) but if Tifa's chosen and you chose to help her Aerith's affection decreases. It's pretty much the exact opposite. I love both characters but I think some people can mess up their characterization and try to prove one is more selfish than the other, often that Tifa is selfish and Aerith is selfless. Just look at these two affection scores programmed in, I don't think there's any denying to be had right there (though truly that's not what this thread is for, just always wanted to point that out).

Oh, and Ryu, no clue on gender, gonna be a little baby this time not a toddler, from NC and not overseas so instead of a relatively certain timeline it's anywhere from next week to next year. There, OT-ness over and done with :)

Isabella

Your Mom
I see about the same amount of corner turn-upage, honestly. Let's be honest here, he looks goofy in both. That's the real reason Cloud never smiles. He knows he looks silly.

cloudsmile02.png

cloudsmile03.png

Er, what were we talking about again?

Ah thank ye Isabella...you're right they are similar, I thought they were a bit more noticably different. But I agree...Cloud is awkward when he smiles. Not because emo is his thing, its because he's still a dork.

Also, please note that at Corneo's mansion if Aerith is chosen as his date then Tifa's affection increases if you show concern for Aerith and decreases if you show concern for her (Tifa). A little bit of selflessness right there that I like seeing written down :) Not to bash Aerith (I like her, trust me) but if Tifa's chosen and you chose to help her Aerith's affection decreases. It's pretty much the exact opposite. I love both characters but I think some people can mess up their characterization and try to prove one is more selfish than the other, often that Tifa is selfish and Aerith is selfless.

Well you know LotM, thats only because Tifa basically forces you into Aerith's arms because she is in cahoots with Sephiroth and she wants to be there to catch Cloud on the rebound. Tsk selfish, selfish, selfish.>_>

Last edited:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
I always thought his smile for Tifa was an awkward smile. :monster: In response to the "Cloud, you're getting some" look, it seemed fitting IMO.

Though now that I think about it, his smile when he saw Zack's butt at the end does look a bit goofy. :awesome: He's still cute though.

The second screencap is the smile he gives to Avalanche, before Tifa did her flirtatious look. The shy, awkward smile is after this one, but it's slightly more difficult to notice since they don't zoom in on Cloud's face as much, like these two.

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
@ lunar INO :monster:

I'd take a screenshot if I had my AC/C right here, right now. :awesome: The fact that his smile for Tifa is more awkward than the usual just fuels the theory that the dirty things follows the ending. :awesome:

Flashback to Highwind scene! :reptar:

C/T has implied smex. What does C/A have?

Edit: Thanks for that, Isabella. :D

Thats the one I was thinking of. I thought he actually shown a bit of teeth there...it was zoomed out with the kids playing and splashing around him.

A threesome with Zack?

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
@ pink blob: It's Kirby. He's everywheeeerrrrre!

The second screencap is the smile he gives to Avalanche, before Tifa did her flirtatious look. The shy, awkward smile is after this one, but it's slightly more difficult to notice since they don't zoom in on Cloud's face as much, like these two.
Bella already posted the pic... but I'm not going to let my effort go to waste, so I'm a-gonna post them too:

zn1lx0.jpg

7097cy.jpg

Hehe can't believe anyone remembers me...because I am totally forgettable! Woo!
That King Nomura gif that you made was pretty unforgettable. That gif is made of pure, shiny awesomeness.

A meeting of both body and soul in the field of 'mums. Didn't you read that fanfic? So insightful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom