The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Seasonal event finished with 2 hours to spare. Guys I think I'm Quina.

vPq03xf.png

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Did anyone ever finish the Lightining Strikes stuff? I got Snow's pants, so I look like a pirate now, but I really don't think I'll ever gain 15 levels in the next few days to finish quest 3 and 4.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I WAS going to grind to 45 GLA to get all the Lightning gear, but instead I preoccupied myself with rushing out for that stoopid deviantART contest that I probably won't finish in time anyway

WOOPS

(I'm still subbed tho~!)

Splintered

unsavory tart
I haven't been on for a bit because Lightning Returns, but I did get all the Lightning stuff the first time around. The equipment isn't too bad and will easily help you through the lower level dungeons.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I suspect that activity will pick up in a few days with the PS4 open beta, anyway. :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
So the PS4 beta is now out. Has anyone joined up? It's weird, as I had to actually download this from the actual SEN site and get it downloaded to my PS4. To do this, just:

1. Sign into the site.
2. Add the item to your basket.
3. Proceed to checkout and confirm purchase.
4. Select download to your PS4.
5. Then it's added to your PS4 downloads.

It sounds simple, but it still doesn't explain why it's not on the PS Store as it was openly advertised. :/

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
2 minutes ago I just got us up to Rank 7, it makes the loudest booming fanfare ever :wacky:

Unlocked Crest Expansion, I don't know what that does

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Nice one Monk!

I'm gonna be signing on a bit this week and seeing if I can get back into the swing of things. I will not feel complete until I max out fishing.

Lex

Administrator
2 minutes ago I just got us up to Rank 7, it makes the loudest booming fanfare ever :wacky:

Unlocked Crest Expansion, I don't know what that does

That might be the one where our crest appears on armour and stuff? Or does that already happen?

I really need to play this game again. Waiting for the PS4 version to come out. I played the last beta but you had to create a new character and I quickly lost interest, I want to dive back into my character. Not quite finished with him yet.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
That might be the one where our crest appears on armour and stuff? Or does that already happen?

I found something here. It just says "Increases the variety of company crest designs."

We totally need wearable gang signs. :'D

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
My 60-day pass recently ran out, but I do intend on getting a new one when I can. The PS4 version looks flawless and I'll be hopping onto that one as soon as I'm done with the PS3 one.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Anybody want to do the hatching tide thing? I forgot it was almost the 22nd (when it's over).

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Bump-raga!

Okay, hooked up with some people, got the egg harness. I'm still available if anybody wants to do it, but it ends tomorrow at 8am (I guess EST). It goes pretty quick though.

There's 4 chapters, 2 people are required for the first 3, and 4 people are required for the 4th.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
My first (and only) PS4 game! Just a quick question, how difficult would it be for me to focus on crafting early game while my levels are still low?

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Crafting is easy, it's just incredibly time consuming. :monster:

In fact, I've been spending the past few months doing nothing but crafting in the game, just because I want to max out everything. (I was tired of buying everything and losing money, plus I want to be maxed out for the company and start building a cash wad for us.)

What I've learned, no matter which one you want to start with:

-Do the main missions for your craft first. You'll eventually hit a mission lock that forces you to grind on your own until you reach the next required level (usually lvl 5, 10, 15, etc.). Also, unless the quest requires a High Quality item, don't waste your time. Just craft it and send it in.

-Then it's time to hit the fieldcraft levequests. As skill allows, this is where you want to strive making HQ items, because they double your EXP per finished quest. This jumps your levels considerably.

Usually in the 15-25 fieldcraft quests you can grind really easy, because they'll ask for 3 of something to deliver, and will continue to ask for more if you have some. This usually continues about 4 times in total, so you can just keeping crafting the same thing without having to run back to the levequest booth over and over to accept missions.

-Also note: If you have a few trades already leveled (particularly weaver, leatherworker, and goldsmith) you can probably make your own clothes. You definitely want to make HQ ones, and materia meld them when you can for more stats. This way, you really don't need to accept clothes as your optional reward at the end of main quests and can just accept the money reward (unless you want something untradeable, but that rarely comes up in crafting missions).

EDIT:

-Forgot to mention, make sure your Disciples of the Land jobs are leveled enough first (miner, botanist, fisher), usually between 15-30. Otherwise it forces you to buy material from the shops and burns money really quickly. It also gives you a chance to start digging for HQ material to work with.

They can be leveled in the same way by using main quests and fieldquests, but after working in the land classes over time, they end up grinding themselves.

EDIT:

-I would level up the leatherworker job first. It has the "Waste Not Want Not" ability, which can transfer to your other crafting jobs. It subdivides 2 of your durability turns into 4, but actually ends up giving you an extra 5 turns in total if you time it right. It's the best ability in crafting IMO.

-When making HQ items, always watch the "Normal/good/poor/excellent" status in the bottom left corner of the crafting menu. It's the roulette wheel of crafting, and lets you determine when to use a touch action to boost quality percentage (HQ.) Sometimes you're forced to give up a chance, but if you ever hit Good or Excellent and you can use a touch action, do it. The percentage will climb (tremendously with Excellent.)

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I'm trying to make my character and get on the same server as my friend, but I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for character creation restriction to end :'

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I've started as a Elezen Duskwight Conjurer. It only took me 16 hours to get my character made :P

Maybe that's why I'm seeing a moogle downing a ton of booze...

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
So I finally made the jump from PS3 to PS4, as Marcus told me the trophy list is carried over both platforms. And that means there's one platinum overall, not two. Consider me back on the servers from today!

Until Watch Dogs next Tuesday, haha.

Lex, will you be getting back online soon? We're going to need something done with FC.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Still plowing through crafting, everything's just about at lvl 30. This really does take forever. :closedmonster:

Just a heads up, everybody needs to take a peek into the game if they haven't. I've been promoted to Soldier 1st, and the top spot (Kalm Traveller) has slipped from both Lex and Anea Oaks (Satsu?). Square Enix has a very short window for absences it seems. :\

Like I said, I'm good with crafting for the team, but not leading.

Lex

Administrator
I'll be coming back at some point soon, but you guys are going to have to hang on a little longer because I can't justify paying for a subscription when there is absolute zero monies in my bank right now :monster:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom