The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Oh, I get what you mean. But at the same time, something has to be done.

I've been popping in and out lately. Unfortunately, no one seems to be around and it's quite frustrating since the bonuses can't be activated. I'm going to be more active this summer, as there really aren't anymore new games coming out now until Destiny in September.

aka you can promote me to 1st if you want. :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
aka you can promote me to 1st if you want. :monster:

It is done. :monster:

Feel free to add/take from the chest as you please, it's pretty full. I wish they had a sort feature for it like the regular inventories. ><

Tonight I did manage to poke my head into the Gridania housing, and the prices are indeed steep. I think 6-7 sectors, with the plots of land ranked small medium and large. The mediums are all taken up (probably because of the middle range in pricing.) The small's affordable at 3-4 million, but the large plots are usually in the 35-50 million range. :X I imagine it's the same for Limsa and Uldah. The spooky thing is that the plots are getting filled up pretty quick; I'm not sure but did SE say they were going to make more plots available with time? I could have sworn they did, buried somewhere in their updates.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Thanks very much. I've got loads of stuff to contribute to the chest and was wondering when on earth I'd have the privilege to have that power.

Re the housing, it doesn't really bother me where we go.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
You're still in the Free Company and are now SOLDIER 2nd.

Lex

Administrator
^To that end, guess who is about to purchase a subscription and get back into that game?

Me. Woooooooooooo. I promise to get more involved. Uni is over, I have no excuse.

Or well I would have no excuse if I could actually get into the game. But the Square Enix page for transfer says that it's under maintenance. WAI.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
At least you're coming back, yay! :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
Futuramas-Bender-Is-Back-Baby.gif

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I'm considering renewing my subscription when I have spare money again.

BUT ONLY BECAUSE THIEF CLASS

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Ninja class is the one that looks like Shadow

I will be all over that after I max Monk

(400-lb Roegadyn--SO STEALTHY :wacky:)

Lex

Administrator
can you please promote me to SOLDIER 1st

also i can't remember if they had permissions to promote/ demote people but if they did imma do some house cleaning of the deleted people

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I'm just going to give you KT, and would like to stay a 1st :monster:

EDIT: It is done, and they dropped me down to 2nd. :(

Lex

Administrator
Tbh dude you deserve KT more than I do, I haven't been on it in a very long time. I think 1st still all have mostly the same permissions though am I right?

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Well, in that case I am now sad that I locked myself out of everything. :monster:

It really wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be though, I can take it back if you'd like. Or if not that, 1st so I can still drop things in the chest. I thought it would just drop me down a rank but I think it basically "rank-switched" us. Making a note. :closedmonster:

Being KT lets you buy/sell house and land, promote/demote/delete members, and activate bonuses. 1st has all of those powers except the house and company title card/message stuff.

Last edited:

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I haven't been on in forever, but the Company Chest being completely full of random crafting shit is probably my fault :monster:

I also used to deposit my elemental crystals on a regular basis but mining for those is actually really really slow so not a lot there

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I've been using them well though, the aldgoat stuff is especially handy

And yes the shards are annoying, I keep running out of lightning and ice

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
That's good! When I was still actively trying to recruit and induct new members no-one was using any of the stuff I was depositing XD

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I think that when I do get back into the game, I might switch servers to join, since the person I joined Ultros for insisted on me joining their FC and then left it for another one XD

Lex

Administrator
We definitely need to put some time into getting the company up to snuff again. I take full responsibility for the fall :monster:

I'll promote you tomorrow when I'm back on, I didn't catch these messages before I turned it off tonight. It was a lot of fun to play again, I'm glad I did.

Re: the crafting stuff: I have no idea what any of it is used for, or what any of that stuff is. Even in my initial month of non-stop playing I didn't do any sort of crafting/ grinding/ affixing materia, so I should really look into how all that works.

Another thing is, I only really seem to spend my gil on teleporting. I've never really gotten into the whole marketplace thing.

Didn't run any dungeons tonight, probably going to get back into that tomorrow. Ngl it took me about an hour to get used to the controls and stuff again. I might start using keyboard and mouse with the PS4, I tried it with the beta and it was alright but that's another learning curve if I switch and I really like using the controller with the keyboard just plugged in for chat.

How much did we say a small house was again? I can probably put up about 40-50,000 Gil towards it, since I don't seem to be able to find any other use for Gil atm.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Yeah we can probably make a lot of money in the marketplace, the second being craft leves. I have yet to dabble in the MP, but I will soon. I will post a handy craft guide here too, as I think I've finally streamlined it like I wanted. You can jump 5-10 levels in a few hours, easy, without getting bogged down or running everywhere.

Here's the gist of the houses (note the personal rooms that just came with patch 2.3). The small houses have dropped to around 2-3 million, so we could get one soon easily, then we'd have somewhere to get organized in-game. Then down the road when we have the money, we can junk the small land for a large plot.

I vote Limsa because beaches. :monster:

What should we call it though?

The Shera
Costa
Cosmo Canyon
Junon/Junon Harbor
Shinra Corp/Electric Power Co./Headquarters?

^Those last 2 would probably match the Soldier theme best. Junon especially, because it is a beach base where Soldiers train and deploy.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
My vote goes to Shinra Mansion or Junon in Limsa because I also love Limsa (and that's where our FC is affiliated).

Also where are you getting all this money from? Do you have that kind of cash in the bank? Why am I so poor in comparison? :D

Will be on shortly.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
If we are based in Limsa, then I suppose we should be there. I also love the idea of Shinra Mansion.

This might be quite pompous of me, but I do hope I'm still 1st rank. I've got lots of stuff I can dump in the FC chest that may be of use to other people. I've been crafting the past few times I'm on and could get a lot of gil in.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Also where are you getting all this money from? Do you have that kind of cash in the bank? Why am I so poor in comparison? :D

Why, months-worth of underground payment and black market dealings. :monster: (I am so totally kidding, please don't ban me Square Enix)

I don't have nearly enough for a house either, but it is building up quick because I use the airships and triangulate warp zones so I'm not dropping 500-600 gil a shot on teleporting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom