The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
On the plus side, Lex, there is no subscription fee for the PS4 version if you have PS Plus :D

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'll be back when a majority are back. I love a good MMO but I require at least a few people around to fully enjoy the experience. I have severely missed Raya'arc the Falafel summoner. ;-;

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
By then I should be lvl 50 on everything and will begin crafting us the Hall of Justice :monster:

(I still have not finished the main story)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Are you sure about this? Because it wouldn't let me login (I DO have PS Plus btw) and I still had to get a timed card.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
According to their website, at least, yes. I was checking on that a couple of days ago for someone who was getting it on PC.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Could you give me a direct link? Only I've been scouring Google for this and haven't seen anything.

Fair enough if that's the case. I'd be even more annoyed if SE hadn't given me 30 free days on top of the 60 I paid because I'm a veteran according to them. :monster:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/product/

About halfway down the page, it talks about subscription fees and junk and says

For users purchasing the PlayStation®4 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn:
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn can be played without a subscription to PlayStation®Plus.

AvecAloes

Donator
...doesn't that just mean that you can play FFXIV without having to buy a PS Plus subscription? People were probably worried they would need PS Plus because of the online gaming.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
I thought something was off when you first mentioned it. :monster:

Always knew you could play the game WITHOUT PS Plus, but you still had to pay the subscription because it's a requirement with most MMO's. Dammit, you threw me off guard when you first mentioned it.

Oh, you.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I believed it too, but racked my brain trying to figure out how long a business model like that would last between Sony and Square. Probably not enough time for me to get a PS4. :wacky:

Would have been awesome though: For the price of a FFXIV membership they drop free games into your account every month while you play an MMO.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
The MMO is definitely worth it for PS4. I was one of those who played it from beta on PS3 until recently. I also did the PS4 beta and was in awe of how smooth it was.

Are we going to get the FC up and running anytime soon? Marcus just left us. :(

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The new patch updates your status to Away From Keyboard even if you're gone 10 minutes. They're not fucking around. :closedmonster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Double post because they finally gave me my mount. It's all Sinbad up in here.

iovgilKaRNs9h.png

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
HI I JUST GOT THIS GAME AND THE FIRST DAY I PLAYED I JOINED AN FC AND A LINKSHELL AND THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS TO DO WOW AND IT'S SO MUCH FUN AND ADDICTING,,

this is the first mmo i've played (besides Tera, but I didn't really play it long enough :<) and it's just so much fun my friend showed me her fat chocobo and behemoth mounts and I really want the chocobo one bc the behemoth one is not as cute huehuehue ;V; Also I echo mmos are for pc, unfortunately I don't have a desktop (that's all my own) to play the game on s-so . Everything in an mmo just runs better and looks better on pc ~ !

And I play on the Ultros server naturally and im having so much fun with this game i'll probably lose sleep

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
My only issue with the Behemoth mount is that it can't charge through the valleys and climb towers and shit--it trots like a poodle.

I would have also liked an 'eat NPC' death animation, but I suppose that's reaching.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I've thought about it, and being assigned as Kalm Traveller is great, but I've been busy crafting for 4 months without participating in chats so I'm very much out of the loop. Good a time as any to discuss our assets, find out who's still playing, who do we promote to Soldier 1sts, etc. I've seen very little activity in the chat anymore (but that could be because I'm never on at the same time as everybody else.) ><

Most of my crafting skills fall into the 30-40 lvl range, so I'm getting close to maxing everything. We still need to get a company house. How's everybody else doing? Does anybody want to specialize in certain craft jobs? Need help with quests? I can drop a few HQ armors your way/in the co. chest.

I still think if we get a house built things will go more smoothly. They do have a bulletin board for assignments right? That would make things easier for members with funky hours.

I also have a ridiculous amount of rare seeds that can go into the house garden. My inventory is drowning in them.

EDIT: So let's start with the important question: where do we want the house--Limsa, Gridania, or Uldah?

Also, I feel I should also say that I'm not trying to take Lex's position, but I don't mind managing/keeping things smooth in the meantime, and will try to keep things current through this thread of course (in case I can't play as much anymore and the torch must be passed).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom