The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lex

Administrator
I should have updated but I didn't want quell the surge of no money that was coming in :monster:

Seriously though there were other people who I checked and didn't have a plot of land that were floating about near it and I'm sure they were doing the same thing as me. I had about 400k of my own money of which I was going to put in 100k - I had plans for the 300k.

The final house price was 2,375,000 Gil and I took what was in there (the 2mil) and put up the rest of it. This means that I've put in about half of that overall money by myself. Normally this wouldn't bother me but I'm once again left in a position of financial destitution :(.

Also a house costs 450,000 gil and we have the stables on top of that so we need to keep saving. I just personally won't be putting any more money into it until I've built up a very large amount (again). I have about 10,000Gil left when I started with 400,000 yesterday, hard earned crafting and dungeon money. *shakes fist*

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Also a house costs 450,000 gil and we have the stables on top of that so we need to keep saving. I just personally won't be putting any more money into it until I've built up a very large amount (again). I have about 10,000Gil left when I started with 400,000 yesterday, hard earned crafting and dungeon money. *shakes fist*

Okay, so we do need to pay for the house itself. Wasn't sure, I thought we had to build it from scratch.

But the land is purchased, and it is in a good spot. We done good.

Also I think my carpenter is pretty up there, so we should be able to customize quite a bit. I say we make it look like
, customization options willing :monster:

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Nah that's not how it works. You buy the plot of land, then you buy a house to put on it. We have land so the spot (the very very good spot) is now ours, we just need to save for the house, which shouldn't take too long tbh.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
DAAG9Ub.jpg

Arianna

Holy, Personified
AKA
Katie; Seta.
Nah that's not how it works. You buy the plot of land, then you buy a house to put on it. We have land so the spot (the very very good spot) is now ours, we just need to save for the house, which shouldn't take too long tbh.

Late to this discussion, but... I was one of the first who mentioned getting a house!!! :D I'm glad we have land now. I've got to get back to this game...

Lex

Administrator
I wasn't sure how it worked. When I said "house" I was talking about the spot that was there, assuming that when we bought it we'd be able to place a house on it/ a house would magically appear. As it turns out, you buy a spot for (in our case) 2,375,000 gil, then you buy the house and put it on the spot.

The spot or plot is lot 26 in ward 6 of La Noscea's Mist. Our plot is right next to the beach with a summoning bell, a market board and an aetheryte right outside the front gate.

I don't know how this wasn't apparent from the previous posts Tres XD.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I was just confused by your references to the "best house" and the house that has stuff "no other house has" -- followed by talk of an empty lot. =P

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
If we do that and can't pay, the Mogs will track us down and break our knees

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
The house has a hot tub!

TVxKMcK.png

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm happy to have claimed Room:001 for myself in the house. Hellz yeah.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Playing until this time. You guys will be the death of me. :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Thanks to a friend of Joe's by the in-game name of Yondai Scriel who donated 1,000,000 Gil after returning to the game today (as well as donations from others over the last few days) to the company chest, we bought the house and chocobo stables today.

Said person does some jiggery pokery with the market board and is pretty damn rich. So much so that he bought a load of stuff and decorated the house. Like a judge statue for the garden. A demon's gate wall mount. A behemoth wall mount. A malboro themed rug and seat.

And loads of other shit XD

Lex

Administrator
^I don't, it's just a saying :desu:

Me and Kaylan (Knuxson) just got pwned by a level 60 Odin. I love the Odin fate, I wish I was on more often when it happened ;-;

Knuxson

Pro Adventurer
^I don't, it's just a saying :desu:

Me and Kaylan (Knuxson) just got pwned by a level 60 Odin. I love the Odin fate, I wish I was on more often when it happened ;-;

Yeah, when I told you he was back while you were in that dungeon, it was going pretty well, until a S Rank hunt showed up and everyone ditched the Odin fight. ^_^

The house is pretty cool. I decorated my room and got some gardening going. Just some oranges, grapes, and chocobo food. I am hoping the chocobo food I planted will crossbreed with the chamomile I planted next to it. If it does, it will produce chocobo food that increases the chocobo's experience rate. Not sure how good the chances are, though, as I could only afford grade 1 Thanalan soil at the time.

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
And I now on chamber #4 :D now to furnish it!

Also for when 2.4 drops Rinh'aeza Viera, will you marry me? <3 <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom