The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
Oil/Sands of Time is still a thing, it's also part of the hunts--which have made some people mad iirc, because of all the time they've spent with Atma farming or something like that.

Soldiery/Poetics is still the currency for 50+ armor.

Also I will take the fish off your hands. I just roll the market board at this point. Nobody cares how much I charge and I have no more business ethics patience, I want that mansion. $$$

$1,100,000 and going strong daily.

Lex

Administrator
The oil/sands of time anger is due to the fact that it's easy to get through the hunts and previously the only way to get either was to play coil, so there was a 1 in 8 chance per week of getting either of them XD.

Oil drops at the end of ST btw, I've won it twice. I think I've had 3 sands from farming hunts.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I've told Joe this on Skype call, but I'm going to aim to come back next month. There's going to be a dry spell between then and May. Only have Saints Row: Re-Elected coming out and the latter is when The Witcher 3 is out. I'll need something to sink my teeth into until then. Besides, I've been meaning to make a comeback for quite sometime. :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well, just let me know when you guys are going to play and I might get another month of subscription or something, :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Well I'm on now for the foreseeable future. Fairly sure Benoist hasn't let his subscription drop since release :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I should point out that, not only did Lex rejoin us last night, but so too did Carlie. Awwwww yisssss.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
^ Consider my subscription soon to be renewed next pay day. :awesome:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
people are playing this again? Great like I had a life to begin with.
OGTpt8U.jpg

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
He said it. :monster:

SOMEONE TAKE A SCREENSHOT, QUICK!

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I'm available to help people in the duty finder, whatever level. If I'm not on, shout out here.

Lex

Administrator
available as a dps any level, a tank up to level 30 and a healer up to level 20, so if anyone wants help I'm in, I want to level my tank and healer <3

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
IIRC my main character's just around level 30. The other one was just for masturbation or something, :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
If memory serves correctly, I just finished the main campaign the last time I was on the game. I've cancelled my preorder for Saints Row: Re-Elected now because I don't think I'll be able to devote as much time to it. This, however... :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
It's so demoralising to spend months grinding the best gear and farming the hardest stuff to come back one patch later and find you're no longer ahead of the curve XD. It's expected though. I was i100 before I left and now most people have mostly level 120 gear so I'm playing catchup. Thankfully sands of time is now pants to get through Syrcus.

I need to farm enough poetics before Tuesday's cap kicks in but today I'm going to play my WAR for a while to level up some before I start doing my dailies, if anyone wants to do some level 30ish dungeons with me let me know.

Also I did the low level roulette with my warrior last night and got all of the player recs at the end by just getting through the dungeon XD. When I'm playing as a dragoon I need to WERK that chat to get a rec or two.

I also geared up my warrior for his level and glamoured all the gear with the original Mi'qote stuff which I really like the look of. I'm not going to start glamouring my DRG's stuff until I have a full set of 120 gear. I would say 130 gear but I'd need to farm final coil and I haven't unlocked it yet, not sure if anyone here has finished second coil and wants to form a group or not. If anyone hasn't finished T1-5 I'm available to help with that, I had a static group and know all the strats well enough to lead. 6-9 I've done 6 and 7 (SCoB 1&2) but haven't even tried the other two yet.

I'm hearing snowcloak is the best way to farm soldiery but I'm not 100 sure about that.

I'm feeling good, like I've officially re-acclimatised XD. I caught up with the main story and played Shiva - love that fight yo, super enjoyable. I also love the music and how the two phases really contrast with one another, and how the song
changes as soon as she uses diamond dust
which is just super cool. The mechanics of the fight are so fun too. I'm gonna do Shiva extreme too.

Oh I beat Ifrit Extreme on the first attempt yesterday btw, he's the next primal after Titan Extreme (and you all know I spent 3 months trying to find a group to get Titan Extreme done). I've done Thormarch (Good King Moggle Mog Good King Mog, Lord of all the Realm etc.) but I've yet to do Levi or Ramuh extreme, so I might spend some time today learning and doing those.

The primal fights might be my favourite thing about this game.

Here's a video of the shiva battle with the music only (no sound effects) to give you all an idea of what it's like.

3 things I like about this. 1, dat piano. 2, dat click. 3, dat female punk vocal. A thousand times better than Ramuh.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It's so demoralising to spend months grinding the best gear and farming the hardest stuff to come back one patch later and find you're no longer ahead of the curve XD.

That's the thing with MMO's with expansions and level cap raises and shit, unfortunately :monster:

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I keep forgetting Shub is Yop and not Mage.

Also promoted you to 1st. When we're both online again, I'll be able to send you a friend request so I can mail you some HQ ingots. Unless you specifically want ore, I just happen to have like 70 HQ ingots on hand atm.

Last edited:

Marcus

Consumed By Darkness
So I've just got my 60 day timecard and now wading through all of the missed update, I'm really looking forward to getting back into this.

EDIT: So I just want to say that upon my return I ran Syrcus, which was a mistake as I completely forgot my DRG rotations but soon remembered them and got through it. But I got absolutely no drops!!! No oils and no sands, needless to say not happy. SO HERE WE GO AGAIN!

EDIT 2: Three runs of Syrcus and nothing but low roles for sands, geez atleast i'm getting some poet tomes so I can start getting lvl 120 gear.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm doing the level 30 Gladiator quest and it's difficult / I die without really having much of an influence over it because the NPC's on my side die within a minute or so because they're weak-ass, :monster:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom