The Lifestream - Free Company (An FFXIV Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Benoist; Captain Highwind
I'm also on ps4. It's $60 to buy the game, maybe 40 at this point, and $14.99 for a month to month subscription fee. You can get a discount, like $12 for a 3 month sub or something like that, but it locks you in for those 3 months, and you have to pay all 3 months at $36 up front.

You do not need a PS+ sub ever to play this game, just your ffxiv sub.

To play with the people you want to, you need to be on the same server. In this case we are all on the Cerberus server.

Lex

Administrator
OK first of all the month to month fee is £6.99 in the UK (that's the lowest tier) which allows one character per world for 8 worlds - more than likely you're only going to have one character anyway.

No you do not need playstation plus to play online with this particular game, but tbh PS Plus is amazing value for money so I have it anyway.

And as has been said, the game is cross platform and we're all on Cerberus (data centre chaos, world cerberus). So hop on!

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I've beaten regular Qarn, and Qarn Hard twice, using the duty finder, but the quest Rock-Solid Protection will not complete itself.

There was another quest that required Qarn Hard to be completed, and that one resolved itself.

Bug?

Lex

Administrator
I know that that quest requires regular Qarn to be completed because it's 2.1 main story and Qarn hard was only introduced in 2.4. You have to give him an item that you get from completing the regular version. Try talking to him again? If not, try doing the dungeon again.

Here's a random thread about someone who also had issues here, but they seem like they might be different from yours. Linky.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
5cKCTsp.png

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It's 2015 and I still don't have an extra retainer and I can't queue up for dungeons with my chocobo out.
On the plus side I can have a chocobo and a fairy out, making me a solo Tank/Healer/Dps force.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I see Mage and Freek are socializing with y'all pretty well. I'm jealous of this! I'll find cerberus network once I have my net and PS4!

Lawls, Mage doesn't play this game, silly :monster:. Although I did name my character Shub Niggurath. Not related though. :monster:

also tentacles.

Lex

Administrator
SQUEEEEEEEE 2.5 DOWNLOADING

GIMME THAT /HILDY EMOTE PUREASE

Alexandrite drop from fates has been increased, but by how much no one knows yet. May grind out a few fates tonight and see how it goes.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Also Lex, I did it. I got Kieran to join the game but, more importantly, I brought two people back:
Iggy Whyte - PLD
Tierras Zee - WHM

Let the games begin.

Lex

Administrator
Well it was awesome.

The new hard dungeons are quite good too. The Wanderer's Palace made me sad though, lots of Tonberry's being forced into slave labour by evil invaders and you have to save them and some are dead ;-;

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I think the house can have retainers set up a shop, and something else that I'll have to look into. Both came with this update.

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
Yo what server are you beeshes on?

I just got my main to lvl 50, but I can fuck around w making a new one to play w, I suppose.

Lex

Administrator
Or you can move your character to our server :monster:

...Has anything changed for those that aren't level 50+ yet?

There's literally no need to change anything for below 50 characters though.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
There's literally no need to change anything for below 50 characters though.

They could, idk, flesh out quests and whatnot to make it not fall into the common MMO denominator of kill ten rats then walk halfway across the map to right-click on this next dude, times infinity :monster:

Lex

Administrator
There's a male gay couple that give you the quest for The Wanderer's Palace (Hard).

The backstory of the new dungeon is that you lifted the curse on the tonberries when you defeated the tonberry king, and they're all actually really lovely creatures. The couple were battling through the dungeon at the time and were knocked unconscious only to find themselves being nursed back to health by the same tonberries they had just been fighting.

Shortly thereafter there was an attack by the silverscale amool-ja who are now holding the tonberries captive and forcing them to do slave labour. Said couple had only just managed to escape. They had to leave their homeland due to persecution - because they're a human/ mi'qote couple XD. They refer to each other as "love" and desperately want you to go in and save the tonberries.

Ah Blundering Treasure Hunter and Steadfast Companion. The two best NPC's ever :monster:

I will reiterate that my cold heart melted several times in that dungeon, especially the part where you free two from a jail cell and they say "th-th-thanks" and "th-this way, it's quicker!". TONBERRIES ARE CUTER THAN MOOGLES I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS

Lex

Administrator
I met some cool new people tonight levelling my warrior in Coerthas (level 41 woo). Got to get to level 44 then I can first room farm Dzemael until 47 when I can first room farm Aurum Vale. WAR 50 hype. Got all his gear waiting for him <3

Also I glamoured the level 40 gear with the new Manderville costume and it looks awesome XD.

Still chipping away with the Alexandrite. Got a bit to go yet but I'm over halfway there. I've already started stockpiling stuff for the Zodiac Weapon quest so that should be a great deal quicker than the other steps have been.

Drax

Pro Adventurer
AKA
I wonder how long this relic weapon quest thing really is

Better than trying to get the weapons in Mor Dhona, that's why I'm just cutting to it.

EDIT: *Waits an hour and a half for Chimera in Duty Finder*

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
Tbh I'll be using the soldiery and poetics weapons for other classes, I'm only bothering with the zodiac for one character and I will never ever ever do it again.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm with Lex. I'm not bothering with any other relic except SCH. It's too much work and too much of a time investment.

Completed the additions to the main scenario last night, bringing me up to date. I've got to say, I didn't ever think I'd get attached to NPCs in an MMO before but hell they've done it. I'm quite fond of all the Waking Sands/Rising Stones lot now, perhaps with the exception of Minfillia who remains boring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom